Anyway to fight this ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Anyway to fight this ticket

I got a ticket for speeding doing 45 in a 35. However, on the vechicle description of my ticket, the officer put a 93 subaru instead of an 03. He didn't put in the model of my WRX as well. So my question is can this ticket be dismissed?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
I would doubt it - he probably got your plate right

I did manage to get out of a parking ticket once though when the the meter maid nailed me as a 03 Black Mazda as opposed to the 05 Blue WRX that I am. Yay for debadging
Old 02-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Car Info: civic
I doubt it...but one time I got out of a parking citation cuz the officer only wrote the first 4 characters on my plate =)
Old 02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

that is a technicality...

if you find a judge not in a bad mood, you might just get away with it.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 06 black wrx
Nope. When I got an unsafe lane change ticket the cop had the wrong color car, the wrong day of the week, and the time was 12.5 hours off, and i still lost in court. Cop even testified to all of the incorrect information, Judge didnt care.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
they write down your vin. You are pwn3d...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM

No vin but plates is enough i guess.. How else can I get this dismiss.. Heard about keep on prosponing the court date and the cop will not show up.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 06blackwrxtr
Nope. When I got an unsafe lane change ticket the cop had the wrong color car, the wrong day of the week, and the time was 12.5 hours off, and i still lost in court. Cop even testified to all of the incorrect information, Judge didnt care.

dude....I saw a chick in court one time. Brought a lawyer. The lawyer got the cop to say he remembered her, her california drivers lisense etc etc.

She was from nevada. Had a nevada lisense. She got off of a DUI charge for that small deal. No lawyer...no getting off guarantee.

I was blown away. Meanwhile I didn't get off on my stop sign ticket even though I proved the officer couldn't see me while I was at the stop sign. He gave me the ticket because when I came into view I was in his opinion too close the car in front of me to have been able to stop completely. the dude was going rediculous slow. Was bull****.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 PM

Car Info: sc300
wrx is the trim level not the model
you broke the law suffer the consequences just like everyone else
Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
wrx is the trim level not the model
you broke the law suffer the consequences just like everyone else
Do people like you just give in and say "I was caught, so I will just pay up and accept it" or do you just post something that makes us think that?

**Are you telling us you wouldnt fight it or try to get out of paying for the ticket and insurance?**

I don't know of "everyone else" suffering the consequences, I have gotten out of two tickets in the last year and a half.... and I know plenty of people on here have also gotten out of trouble...

So, I say you show up to court and give it your best... what do you honestly have to lose? Plus when you are getting the talk from the officer, it doesn't hurt to appolgize and ask for a warning...same thing, what do you have to lose?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Tickets are super easy to get out of.

For starters I would suggest checking out the traffic survey report of the road you were on. Then research the laws pertaining to setting speed limits. I had to, so do you. Don't start by going before the judge. Trail by deceleration is the way to go. Other "cheat codes" will cost.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
Originally Posted by wagonrex
Heard about keep on prosponing the court date and the cop will not show up.
Yea, you can do this a couple times, also you'll have a better chance of the cop losing your paper work and thus having your ticket dismissed.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Car Info: sc300
if you try to squeeze ur way out of the law and the rules because you are too lazy to deal with the consequences please just don't break the law.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
if you try to squeeze ur way out of the law and the rules because you are too lazy to deal with the consequences please just don't break the law.
If someone is going to go through all the trouble of working the system, I am pretty sure they're not being lazy, I will even bet that they are determined...
Someone that is too "lazy to deal with the consequences" wouldn't go through all the trouble of trying to get out of trouble, plus the results of their research and what they learn is probably a lot more valuable then getting pulled over, getting the bill, and paying. They atleast research the situation and learn from it, even if they get the point.

I am sure almost everyone would agree that there are justified reasons to break the law, but I am not trying to say that going 10mph over the speed limit is excusable because of a made up excuse to avoid a point on his driving record.

**The only person that is "too lazy" is the one that won't even do online traffic school to get rid of a point, and THEY deserve the point lol.

-you didn't like The Matrix did you? Damn Neo, always breaking the rules and flying... what an a$$hole
Old 02-06-2007, 10:35 AM

I have heard that if you get a speed survey and the avg speed is of that you are traveling you might be able to argue. Where can i get my hands on these survey?

Quick Reply: Anyway to fight this ticket