Anyone from the Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Anyone from the Seattle area?

Thinking of moving out to the area. I visited earlier this year and loved my stay. I'm just getting real tired of the bay area and need new scenery, among other reasons. Right now its just a thought, I'm looking into Capitol hill at the moment. Just for a studio apartment.

Any serious inputs will be appreciated
Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
My mother in law lives in Seattle. Anything specific you wanna know?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:35 PM

Just a general feel for the place. The weather, cost of living, the people/community, night life, is it worth looking into moving from the Bay to Seattle, ect

Originally Posted by rau
My mother in law lives in Seattle. Anything specific you wanna know?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I lived there on and off for a few in highs school and then after I got out of the navy. So all my info is almost 20 years old.

Not sure what time of year you went there, but if you went in the summer you might as well have gone to a complete different country than what its like the other 9 months of the year that its raining. Yes believe everything you've heard, its constantly wet ALL the time. If you werent raised to get use to it, it will drive you crazy (literally, Season Affective Disorder is a real problem there)

That said, Seattle is an awesome city, but all the suburbs outside of it suck. If you every wondered where the Springer show turned up with all their white trash fodder, just travel 15-20 minutes outside of town.

Last edited by Krinkov; 12-20-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:49 PM

That's a downer... I visited near summer time when the weather was 75.

I don't mind rain, but if its an everyday thing..

Originally Posted by Krinkov
I lived there on and off for a few in highs school and then after I got out of the navy. So all my info is almost 20 years old.

Not sure what time of year you went there, but if you went in the summer you might as well have gone to a complete different country than what its like the other 9 months of the year that its raining. Yes believe everything you've heard, its constantly wet ALL the time. If you werent raised to get use to it, it will drive you crazy (literally, Season Affective Disorder is a real problem there)

That said, Seattle is an awesome city, but all the suburbs outside of it suck. If you every wondered where the Spring show turned up with all their white trash fodder, just travel 15-20 minutes outside of town.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
That's a downer... I visited near summer time when the weather was 75.

I don't mind rain, but if its an everyday thing..
75 is summer for them out there, tank top and flip flops. I lived in Tacoma for a while, and Port Angeles. I like rain and cold, but I couldn't take it when it was an everyday thing.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:06 AM

I hear such mixed reviews on the weather. Some people don't mind it and wouldn't trade living in Seattle for the world, or the people who cant take it anymore and want out..

With that said..Where else would you live in Washington or Oregon? Im a big fan of crisp air, fresh streams, green everything, pretty much an outdoors forest guy.. But do want to live near a "major city"

Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
75 is summer for them out there, tank top and flip flops. I lived in Tacoma for a while, and Port Angeles. I like rain and cold, but I couldn't take it when it was an everyday thing.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:07 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Be prepared for the slowest drivers, ever.

The air is fresh, but the rain and cold is a slight turn off, I might be moving there too!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:22 AM

Well, If I do move out there and cant stand it I can just move back to the Bay Area I guess. I'm in my early 20's and single with no baggage or responsibilities other than work and bills. Might as well give it a shot

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Be prepared for the slowest drivers, ever.

The air is fresh, but the rain and cold is a slight turn off, I might be moving there too!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Well, If I do move out there and cant stand it I can just move back to the Bay Area I guess. I'm in my early 20's and single with no baggage or responsibilities other than work and bills. Might as well give it a shot
MBN... The lowrider and drift scene is legit in seattle. But why Seattle? what caught your attention the most? Is it because the Twilight movies?
Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 AM

I simply fell in love with the general area. Another city on the bay. I'm very much into soccer and theres nothing better than Sounders fans. People took things at a slower pace witch was refreshing to me. The culture seems more..."artistic" I kinda want to explore that a little. Plus I'm in the biotech industry and I hear its a big thing in Seattle

Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
MBN... The lowrider and drift scene is legit in seattle. But why Seattle? what caught your attention the most? Is it because the Twilight movies?

Last edited by LOL_VTEC; 12-20-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Oh yeah, there seem to be a lot of subies in Seattle.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
I simply fell in love with the general area. Another city on the bay. I'm very much into soccer and theres nothing better than Sounders fans. People took things at a slower pace witch was refreshing to me. The culture seems more..."artistic" I kinda want to explore that a little. Plus I'm in the biotech industry and I hear its a big thing in Seattle
You probably know, but Biotech's "birthplace" is in South San Francisco lol
Old 12-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Portland > Seattle
Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
^ thats what ive heard too.
About the rain. People are right its always wet but it doesn't necessarily rain a lot. Its not even ranked in the top 20 of most rainy cities in terms of actual amount of rain.
United States' Rainiest Cities - Current Results just a quick example.

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Seattle area?