Anyone remember the old Cup O Noobles - Won Ton?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
There used to be a place called Lee's Deli on the corner of Sansome and Commercial that had a pretty awesome soup bar kinda thing where you pick what you want in the soup. Their won ton soup rocked pretty hard IIRC.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 AM

Car Info: (RiP)05 STi...tears
Originally Posted by brucelee
Hell yeah! You know how to do it man!

Yeah, either you love them or you hate them... I used to eat them way back in the day when I was super poor and couldn't afford to pay attention. Like dorifto, I used to make two of them and pour them into a single larger bowl, and if I had anything good that would go with it, I'd throw that in or I'd eat it on the side with the Won Ton soups. I'd also add a little dab of soy sauce (the light salt version) and possibly a little bit of hot sauce of some sort, sometimes even tabasco sauce.

But yeah, my friends would look at me like I was nuts when I ate those things... They hated them, which I never understood because they were so damn good. You can't expect them to taste like real won ton soup, and if you go in without expectations they are great! I had never tried real won ton soup prior to having the fake cup noodle version, so I loved them... It's just so convenient, easy to eat, and tastes good too. Not the best thing for you because it's like pure salt, but I just drink extra water to make up for the loss.
i feel you bro! i still do that ish with the regular ramen noddles...just get what ever left over chicken and eat them with some rice. mayn i wish i had some won ton soup right now in this crazy *** rain!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:56 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Won ton mein FTMFW.