Anyone read much about the torah/bible codes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Anyone read much about the torah/bible codes?

Just curious saw a tv show on it. Intresting show.

ANd lets not turn this into a relgious zealot debate ok guys im more intrested in the statistical patterns and probabilty.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:56 AM

Car Info: '12 STI
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...96602?v=glance

Check out that book and some other things by him. They are fantastically amazing and profoundly deep. I heard the guy was on acid while writing the book.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
That must make it good then!
Old 12-30-2003, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
The director of Requiem for a Dream made a movie called Pi(the actual numerical symbol). It is about this exact same thing.

A crazy math wiz memorizes the entire Pi sequence and finds a connection with the stock market numbers. People then try to kill him for it because there is also a hidden code in the sequence which spells out the 'true' name of gawd.

math and religion SUCK
Old 12-30-2003, 01:41 PM

Cool

Acid? Who would waste there time writing a book let alone reading one while dropping acid... I would've loved venturing through Vietnam on ACID lol like in "Apacolyps Now."

Whats up Subbys im BACK!! Props on keepin the Bay live with subbys. FREMONT!!! woop woop! lol:banana:
Old 12-30-2003, 03:01 PM

huge @$$ contro over the bible code...i bought the book as well, then once i got into it, the guys saying that its fake points a finger to a well made money making scheme. i used to have some bookmarks when i did the research last year around june, but looks like i deleted them last time i did some digital house cleaning

here's the catch to it, the bible code formula relies on a given fact that you can arrange the block patterns for the "word search" area with your parameters. thus the formula is compatible with ANY book. with some of the different programs out there using the idea, you can set your own width to the block, so you change the results every time you search, as well as the fact that there is no set way on how to "find" the words, if you look at the examples in the first book (yes, the guy wrote two books, Bible Code 2 is out, talking a good chunk on 9-11) the way how the guy found the words are not consistant. true, there are some that are lined up directly up and down, but others are staggered in such ways its questionable.

other math guys used War and Peace to predict some Bulls wins during last year's basketball seasons. surprisingly, it was right for some of the last few games.

it sounds totally convincing, in addition to how the book is so well written, but as scientific fact, the application of statistics is a little screwed. especially when the book mostly talks about the guy's own mini-adventures with the code.