Anyone just get their 06-07 WRB STI towed in SF??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
I learned the hard way, no. Not all towing companies take responsibility. When I got towed he ****ed my front bumper up and said "Opps, srry man" then made me pay before the car was off the truck. The paper I HAD to sign to get my car off the truck said in fine print "...we do NOt take responsibility for ANY damage" I have to find my copy so I can show you guys.
that is straight ***** made..how can this be legal??? thats all messed !!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
that is straight ***** made..how can this be legal??? thats all messed !!
Yep. He also made me get in the car so I can break assist while he was leaning the car down off his truck.

I talked to a buddy of mine, he used to be a tow truck driver and said that that is a big no-no. Under no circumstances should the customer be in or near the car while the car is being taken on or off the truck.

I can get them in trouble for that big time but I dont have any proof, I will be video taping future experiences.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:02 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I hate tow truck drivers sometimes.

and with all of the repo shows on reality TV now a days, those guys are worse
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
That's my biggest fear, car breaks down and have to have the car towed. I only hate to see what would happen if he did that to my car. The world is crazy, people just don't care about other people's property. The work standard has gone way down in the last five years. If everyone would just respect people's belongings we would never have problems. Most people don't enjoy working and they return the favor buy destroying your personal belongings. It's very sad to see people just not giving a rats *** about the job they have, even worse when something happens to your car!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Car Info: Flared laguna seca GD
Wow im sorry to hear this happen.. and how people dont know that subi's are awd. I recently had my car towed they were about to just tow it without the bed. I was like Wooohhhh thats all wheel drive. The truck driver was like "o this model is awd then" i was like all subaru's are awd." I they should all know that
Old 08-21-2011, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
Originally Posted by Krinkov
the alarm was going off so clearly it towed off in a hurry without the owner around
Could be a repo. Being in SF, I bet he was illegally parked. Don't block driveways or park in the red while in SF. Chances of you getting towed are pretty high.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
if so they towed it on 2 wheels and it didnt look like it had dollies under the rear either. Tried to turn around to take a pic but he was long gone. 06-07 WRB ond stock gold BBS, g'luck
They can be towed in such a manner for super short distances (aka:around the block or to safety) without messing up the drivetrain. This is inevitably mentioned in every thread of this subject matter. Search n00b! (Sigma is going to also come in here and say that his broke being towed 3 miles, FYI).

Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
I learned the hard way, no. Not all towing companies take responsibility. When I got towed he ****ed my front bumper up and said "Opps, srry man" then made me pay before the car was off the truck. The paper I HAD to sign to get my car off the truck said in fine print "...we do NOt take responsibility for ANY damage" I have to find my copy so I can show you guys.
Shouldn't he have had you sign that paper before he even touched the car? Someone with time on their hands (and a spare car) could screw the tow company and driver it seems like.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 08-21-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
They can be towed in such a manner for super short distances (aka:around the block or to safety) without messing up the drivetrain. This is inevitably mentioned in every thread of this subject matter. Search n00b! (Sigma is going to also come in here and say that his broke being towed 3 miles, FYI).
yes he will

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...2/#post2610982
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
They can be towed in such a manner for super short distances without messing up the drivetrain. This is inevitably mentioned in every thread of this subject matter. Search n00b!

A tow truck company is being paid, and must provide reasonable care, as opposed to minimum care (ie not being paid).
Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
the car was southbound on Van Ness toward the freeway, it def wasnt going anywhere just around the corner. I was NB and had to make a bunch of turns to get SB and by then he was gone, was hoping to get a pic of the cars plates, and yes, the tow company is indeed responsible for the damage, but of course they will deny it, without a pic though they can say whatever they like
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
That's ridiculous if they can get away with it.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Remove the Awd fuse and I forget where but insert it to FF mode. I know you can do this for short distances only.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
That sucks soooooo soooo bad!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Manny408
Remove the Awd fuse and I forget where but insert it to FF mode. I know you can do this for short distances only.
That doesn't change the fact that there will be undue stress on the center diff and break it.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Manny408
That's autos only I thought.

Quick Reply: Anyone just get their 06-07 WRB STI towed in SF??