anyone have experience with vendor FIA-WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 328i
anyone have experience with vendor FIA-WRX?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to replace my clutch and I found a post by vendor FIA-WRX

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...hlight=fia-wrx

the cost is $425 installed for a OE replacement part (plus around $50 to resurface the flywheel)

i called them and they sound nice, but it almost sounds too good to be true

has anyone here had work done by this shop before?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
I never got any work done by them but I just met the owner recently and a couple of the employees and they are all friendly guys
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I was there Sunday, too. Seemed like a good bunch of people.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by darkonion
I was there Sunday, too. Seemed like a good bunch of people.
yea, they seem nice for sure.. but is this deal too good to be true?

as far as i know $425 is pretty close to the parts cost for a stock disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing. i can't see how a shop could make money on the clutch job at this price, and that is what is making me wonder what is going on?

looking for someone who has had work done at the shop, so i spend my own $$$ with confidence..
Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
labor usually cost around 400 bucks.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by kspek
labor usually cost around 400 bucks.
yea exactly... so that's why i'm wondering whether a OE replacement clutch for $425 installed is a good deal..

also, they told me that i could resurface my existing flywheel for $50 and use that.. i thought you couldn't resurface and re-use a WRX flywheel.. paul@dbtuned confirmed this..

any thoughts guys? i'm thinking something is fishy (too good to be true) but part of me is really hoping this is legit because it is a sweet price
Old 09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
don't dick around with them. Go to LIC motorsports. you will be happy you drove the extra few miles to have them bless your subie.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 06' White GDF 18x10 Wrong Fitment Crew #001
Originally Posted by mattsn0w
don't dick around with them. Go to LIC motorsports. you will be happy you drove the extra few miles to have them bless your subie.
what kind of bad experience have u had with them?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx, new (to me) 2006 exige, low n slow miata
Originally Posted by nicknaz
i'm thinking something is fishy (too good to be true)
There you go.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Yeah, Can't go wrong with LIC
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by mattsn0w
WORD. Can't go wrong with LIC.

Last edited by Lurk; 09-10-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 05 sti
Hello,

To get a few things cleared up.

Subaru NA does not recommend that the fly wheel be resurfaced. how ever , some people who do not have the money and opt for that option. I will also say this , LIC is a good Subaru shop, I cannot conciously contradict that, I donot know anyone from there, but Jeremy says good things about them. I have also seen a few cars with there swaps and they are good.

With that said, we are no less than any other shop out there, I have always taken pride in my work and I stand by it personaly. You guys can hang on to this thread as the statement below will never change.

1) We offer life time warranty on our labor. We have been in business for 6 years and with acception of some stupid mistakes, we have never done major damage to any one car. If some body says that , than I will ask them to prove it, if they do I will buy them a new STI with my own money.

2) We have subaru trained techs with as much or more knowledge than any other bay area shops.

3) Should car incurr damage because of us, we will pay for your rental, towing as well hotel compensation if you are out of town.

As for the " deal " being to good to be true, these are genuin Exedy parts purchased from Exedy, we do over 100K in exedy sales and some times get deals that we like to forward to our customers.

We have changed 100 plus suby clutches with 3 complaints.

I can take this opportunity to discuss about other shops , as most are so willing to dish out an opinion about us with out ever knowing me or any one here. I will let the above written words do the talking. I am not in to making things about people so I can take there customers, God give us what we all deserve, what is mine will be mine and there is no need for me to bad mouth any one.

I would like to thank the people who came out and met us, and I would invite others to do so , prior to forming an opinion.

Sincerely,

Sammy
Old 09-11-2007, 02:33 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by FIA-WRX
Hello,

To get a few things cleared up.

Subaru NA does not recommend that the fly wheel be resurfaced. how ever , some people who do not have the money and opt for that option. I will also say this , LIC is a good Subaru shop, I cannot conciously contradict that, I donot know anyone from there, but Jeremy says good things about them. I have also seen a few cars with there swaps and they are good.

With that said, we are no less than any other shop out there, I have always taken pride in my work and I stand by it personaly. You guys can hang on to this thread as the statement below will never change.

1) We offer life time warranty on our labor. We have been in business for 6 years and with acception of some stupid mistakes, we have never done major damage to any one car. If some body says that , than I will ask them to prove it, if they do I will buy them a new STI with my own money.

2) We have subaru trained techs with as much or more knowledge than any other bay area shops.

3) Should car incurr damage because of us, we will pay for your rental, towing as well hotel compensation if you are out of town.

As for the " deal " being to good to be true, these are genuin Exedy parts purchased from Exedy, we do over 100K in exedy sales and some times get deals that we like to forward to our customers.

We have changed 100 plus suby clutches with 3 complaints.

I can take this opportunity to discuss about other shops , as most are so willing to dish out an opinion about us with out ever knowing me or any one here. I will let the above written words do the talking. I am not in to making things about people so I can take there customers, God give us what we all deserve, what is mine will be mine and there is no need for me to bad mouth any one.

I would like to thank the people who came out and met us, and I would invite others to do so , prior to forming an opinion.

Sincerely,

Sammy
That's a pretty cool thing for a shop to do for their customers. Hardly any shops will even discuss or consider giving their customer a rental car or compensate them for their inconvenience, if they screw up their car. Which they all should IMO. That just falls under General Principle.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by FIA-WRX
Hello,
Sammy,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Are these the part numbers that you would be using for the clutch job?

30100AA791 DISC CP CLUTCH
30210AA530 COVER CP CLUTCH
30502AA080 BRG CLUTCH RELEASE
Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
is FIA the company that was going to merge with Ed? and make Method Tuning or whatever?

(not trying to start ****, just trying to place where i've heard the name)

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with vendor FIA-WRX?