Anybody use Crystal Guard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:10 PM

Anybody use Crystal Guard?

I remember reading about this last year, but assumed it was a fad. Anyone use it? What are the details? What's the verdict?
Old 05-17-2004, 09:56 PM

my brother uses it on his 2k3 maxima and thinks it works better than zaino. i would have to disagree, but in terms of show for the amount of effort, it's a great way to go. it's kinda pricey tho, but i'd say it comes pretty close to the zaino in much less time.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:01 PM

I use Zaino myself, but as a polish it's only good for a couple of months. Crystal guard is supposed to last "forever." I know I know, it's like buying the anti-corrosion seal option from the dealer, but even if it lasts a year or two, that's better than regular wax/polishing.

How much does it cost?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I've used it, and seen cars with the full workout, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it looks good for a little bit, but it's so expensive, and there's so much extra hype, that it's not worth it.

If you want to try it for yourself, I can dig up my bottle somewhere.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by kidatari
I've used it, and seen cars with the full workout, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it looks good for a little bit, but it's so expensive, and there's so much extra hype, that it's not worth it.

If you want to try it for yourself, I can dig up my bottle somewhere.
Doh, sorry to hear it's not all that. How much does it cost? Their online store was down when I checked.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

I beleive I paid $40 for a small bottle and a microfiber cloth. The bottle is tiny, but you don't need a whole lot. And the microfiber cloth is prretty good, I still use it to dry my car, and I've had it for close to a year.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:30 PM

That's actually not bad of a price compared to Zaino (I forget how much I paid for Z1, Z2, claybar, Z6 :P), especially if it's a comparable product. I take it it doesn't really last the lifetime of your car?
Old 05-19-2004, 03:02 AM
VIP Member

CG is just a top coating, plain and simple. It's like a hard polymer layer that lasts for a few weeks. The clay bar/polish/wax/detailing spray that you'd pay the same amount for will do much better for your paint, the just a topcoating will. At least with a clay bar you get the contaminants out before sealing the top layer up again. Enh, my .02.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
no polymer paint sealant, like "A Touch of (Cl)***", or Perma-Plate, lasts even a whole year.

You should either detail your car or have it detailed at least twice yearly.

I personally have Blue Coral Sealtek ACR polymer paint sealant applied to my vehicle every 3-4 weeks, and this way I keep the finish of my STi flawless.

David

Originally Posted by Kenn
I use Zaino myself, but as a polish it's only good for a couple of months. Crystal guard is supposed to last "forever." I know I know, it's like buying the anti-corrosion seal option from the dealer, but even if it lasts a year or two, that's better than regular wax/polishing.

How much does it cost?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:58 PM

"A Touch of (Cl)***"

Haha.

Yeah, should have known it was too good to be true. I think I'll just stick with Zaino every few months If I had an STi, I'd polish/wax it every month as well *drool*
Old 05-20-2004, 05:14 PM

my brother's using cg on his g35, i think he did it twice so far, and he got the car at 11/03. way too much work for me!