i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Any of you guys in the Army Reserve? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/any-you-guys-army-reserve-200878/)

se0ul 03-17-2009 04:23 PM

also about the army roomate thing assuming active duty, everywhere ive been there has only been 0-2 roomates (each person has own room) but places differ from place to place. i know of many soldiers below the ranking of an "nco" had their own rooms including kitchen, bath, etc. just all depends on various factors.

deployments are a different story though.. it can be from 0 roomates to as much as you can think of haha.. depends on who, what, when, where, and how.

the answer to a lot of hows the military work type of questions a lot of times is simple: it depends haha

networking, communitating, and understanding the system/game is what being successful and having benefits go your way is all about imo..

se0ul 03-17-2009 04:25 PM

the active duty military was very interesting to me, its almost like a whole different world or society where you have to play the game the way its played, its almost like an RPG game lol

can suck at times, can be really fun, but all in all, you will learn a lot

verc 03-17-2009 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=Chrisnonstop;2557054]I always get a kick out of these threads. Just reading half of them I'd say that most of the poeple posting shouldn't join if they haven't already. There is absolutely only one reason that should be your deciding factor:

Do you love your country so much that you feel obligated to serve it and possibly make the ultimate sacrafice?

Don't do it because you're bored, need money for school, would be a criminal if you stayed at home and partied with your deadbeat friends...blah blah blah. Do it because you love this country, feel the need to give a little back, and are prepared to die for that cause.

An air force wing wiper reservist can still be given the chance to make the ultimate sacrafice. Especially with things the way they are today. So don't join thinking it's a cake duty that pays well and you'll never have to do any real work.

Don't join the Marine reserves. Active duty Marines HATE reservist Marines. You'll never live that down and hate yourself for half assing it. If it's school you're worried about, serve first and then go to school. Don't do both at once because when you get deployed you can kiss it goodbye anyway. All that hard studying for noth'n.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I know many fine people who had military service and look back fondly on it, and I know some people who hated their service. The difference was the latter only joined to pay off bills/school/etc.

To the OP: If you decide to go, at least go watch Jarhead first before you make a decision, lol

FW Motorsports 03-17-2009 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=verc;2557259]Well said. I know many fine people who had military service and look back fondly on it, and I know some people who hated their service. The difference was the latter only joined to pay off bills/school/etc.

[B]To the OP: If you decide to go, at least go watch Jarhead first before you make a decision, lol[/B][/QUOTE]

Read the book, too!

Hatteroo 03-17-2009 05:10 PM

[quote=Paul@dbtuned;2557275]Read the book, too![/quote]
It was a good book. I very much enjoyed it :)

What was your job in the army again Paul? You told me before but I forgot.