Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:39 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by White4drWRX
how about that dumbass that thinks he's the best driver that's tailgating you the whole time ???
that was yepez.

I have no idea why he was tailgating me on hamilton, I had 2 cars in front of me and the 5mph RS in front of you guys, I have no where to go.

Then on the freeway he passes up soren like he's faster or something.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black '02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
that's not the first time he's on someone's A$$.... just like last time when we were on the drive... he's like a few inches off my car.... he needs to back the **** off...
yea... i remember that.. we were going slow for a reason. I suppose if he really wanted to get around us, he would've made the move to go around, but clearly, he just wanted to "see" what happened.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black '02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
that was yepez.

I have no idea why he was tailgating me on hamilton, I had 2 cars in front of me and the 5mph RS in front of you guys, I have no where to go.

I think he was upset because we all did the chop move to get in front. Must've felt left behind or something.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:44 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
that was yepez.

yea... WTF is his problem ??? on the drive last time... we were going down the hills about 20mph after someone crash... and he was tailgating me the whole time which is no need... because we were going 20mph down the hill.....

the RS was going pretty slow down the hill... but i guess he was just trying to be safe .....

i guess he thinks his stock sti is fast or something.... but i'm sure your or soren's wrx will smoke him easily....

Old 07-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by mrs.redrex
I think he was upset because we all did the chop move to get in front. Must've felt left behind or something.
lol we boxed him in, he was pissed
Old 07-18-2005, 09:45 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
Originally Posted by mrs.redrex
yea... i remember that.. we were going slow for a reason. I suppose if he really wanted to get around us, he would've made the move to go around, but clearly, he just wanted to "see" what happened.

next time if he's going to tailgate me again... i'm throw something at him...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
So did CHP just take a report or did they cite you?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
yung buck.....wisdom would say that now is the time to pack it up and back away. You're digging a big *** hole right now.

Originally Posted by resident smurf
^^
:rotfl:

Then stop posting like you are in fact butt hurt about some n00b making comments... you're mad cause I blew my opportunity to make a U turn and had to go back up and make one? wow such a sin.

Still haven't justified why you weren't headed down the mountain when we were clearing out.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I <3 White Girls

+1.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by resident smurf
There are always two sides to a story. I thought it was one of my friends since I hadn't seen a few of them since they had departed on a "drive," which we all know can be spirited and reckless.

My friend Sean Blurr was there w/ me at the LIC booth, but scanning the parking lot I didn't see 4 others. And I saw several people depart on a drive up the mountain 30 minutes before. Knowing that at least two of my friends went up with them, I was going to go up there anyway to make sure it wasn't any of them. I offered Kevin the EMT a ride but he rode w/ someone else.

As you know last year one of the forum members crashed his STI on the mountain a couple turns up from where Johnson rolled. I was in the car when he crashed and knew that part of hamilton is especially dangerous because of the long drop off cliffs. If it werent for the runoff there we would have rolled several times and probably gotten seriously injured. I take stuff like this seriously and once I heard that someone crashed, let alone rolled off the road, on the drive, I wanted to make sure that there was nothing I could do to help, and to make sure that it was not one of my friends in trouble.

And about the reverse--I was trying to get out of their way as fast as possible, and I didn't feel confident enough in my reversing abilities to make a U turn without hitting Gagan's car and another truck which were blocking the turnout. Once they moved their cars, I made my U turn and headed back to Grant park. So following the ranger's directions, I just moved my car away from the scene as fast as safely possible while letting others by and worried about making a U turn later.

That said, it was my right to go up the mountain, and I did what I felt was right in moving myself clear from the scene to the best of my judgement and abilities. I didn't do anything illegal or stop anyone from doing their job, so there was no harm done.

That is all.
"You may be arrested if you drive for sightseeing purposes to the scene of a fire, collision, or other disaster. You could interfere with the essential services of police, fire fighter, ambulance crews, or other rescue or emergency personnel."

Taken from traffic school...

oh, and TIA
Old 07-18-2005, 10:01 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
do it!! no need for ppl to do that unless they are "drafting" but why would you want to do that in the middle of the day on hammy...if you're gonna have fun do it at a time you know you wont affect others negatively
Old 07-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
that was yepez.

hahaha 5mph RS. hahaha

I'm lucky I left early.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Talking

Originally Posted by gc8chelz
When I left, that ambulance was MASHING and almost collided with me bombing down the hill. Glad the people were unharmed.
man, everyone with a GC almost got hit by someone on that road, so did me, hiro, and earl
Old 07-18-2005, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2002 psm wrx
Originally Posted by sonicsuby

I think I missed that one. The woman I saw had her younger daughter riding behind her. And she only looked incredible from behind - her back was awesome.
I saw her too! she was cut. and she was riding standing up.

Quick Reply: Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?