Any South Bay GD owners with a Tomei Expreme Ti exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 11:21 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Any South Bay GD owners with a Tomei Expreme Ti exhaust?

Hey South Bay folks,

I'm debating about getting the titanium exhaust for my 06 STi. I've owned a Cobb exhaust all these years and am quite happy with the sound and volume (quieter side).

Before spending the money I'd like to see what the Tomei sounds like in person and wondering if I can meet up with anyone to check out the volume and sound. Especially the before and after with the silencer installed.

The sound is impressive on videos, but you never quite get the full experience online, lol.

Bonus point for ELH, since that's my setup but I'm not picky at the moment...
Old 03-17-2016, 06:34 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I maintain - if you want louder, install an electric cutout on what you have now.

My electric cutout came off in order to go full 3" (Borla) on my new motor... I'll probably transfer the cutout it over again at some point.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:51 AM

...well it isn't louder per se that I'm looking for, more like a certain tone/sound. Otherwise I'd just stick with my Cobb. Hell I've had it on for near on 6 years now!

For me I'd be interested in hearing it in person with the silencer ON to see what the volume is compared to the Cobb normally...since I'd likely be running that configuration on a normal basis.

BTW, so glad to hear you're up and running again. I'm debating my own next steps as well, whether to go 16G XTR or 18G XTR + E85...decisions decisions!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:13 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I can tell you, I'm running a 16G and I want not for a bigger turbo.
That bastard has torque like one of my old V8's
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
I have this exhaust, ELH, and an heavily ported 3"/8cm2 HTA FP Green on my GD. It's, ummmm... LOUD. Even at cruise it is very throaty. The pitch is noticeably more high frequency resonant than a SS exhaust. If you ever make it up to the East Bay I'll take ya for a spin. @blastwerk is my IG and there is a vid up there but like you said.... It ain't the same as being there in the fleshy flesh!

I have no idea what it sounds like with the silencer. I've never run it. I shouldn't run it with my setup as it would cause major issues.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by vaj
I have this exhaust, ELH, and an heavily ported 3"/8cm2 HTA FP Green on my GD. It's, ummmm... LOUD. Even at cruise it is very throaty. The pitch is noticeably more high frequency resonant than a SS exhaust. If you ever make it up to the East Bay I'll take ya for a spin. @blastwerk is my IG and there is a vid up there but like you said.... It ain't the same as being there in the fleshy flesh!

I have no idea what it sounds like with the silencer. I've never run it. I shouldn't run it with my setup as it would cause major issues.
Cool thank you for the offer. If I find myself up your way soon, I will be sure to give you a heads up. If I do this, it won't be for a few more months.

Saw your IG page, and your ride is impressive--I can see it also is a labor of love...
Old 03-20-2016, 09:39 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Thanks mate! I do love the **** out of my Blobeye. Hit me up if you're ever up this way. I'll do the same if I head to SJ or similar.