Another Window Tint Thread (specifically Walnut Creek/Concord Area)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Another Window Tint Thread (specifically Walnut Creek/Concord Area)

I need two cars done...new tint on one, re-done on another. I am looking for recommendations in Walnut Creek/Concord area. I did a quick search in the recent tint threads, but there were no suggestions near those areas.

For anyone that wants to suggest Vince at Omega Tintwerks...Yes, I am well aware it is highly recommended by many people, but I am saving that as a last resort option...I don't particularly want to wait 1-2 months for an appointment, pay $400+ per car and/or drive 1+ hour in rush hour traffic for some film. I am not tinting a 7-series or 911 Turbo here

Google search didn't give me very many results...Discovery Tint and The Best Guys Audio & Window Tinting in Concord seemed to be the only promising results.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 06-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Lets buy a roll and do it ourselves. Mighty car mods taught us all how.....

p.s. Don't use windex on your windows after you get tinted. Amonia free windshield cleaners only!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Lets buy a roll and do it ourselves. Mighty car mods taught us all how.....

p.s. Don't use windex on your windows after you get tinted. Amonia free windshield cleaners only!
Yeah, **** that I am not THAT big of a Jew.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
I can ask around for you or you can yourself..

Call up Cook's Collision (Pine) or Mike's Auto Body (North Broadway) and ask who they've been using lately.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM

Well **** Looks like I might have to go to Omega afterall.

Every shop I called in my area refused to do my Stealth TT citing it is too curvy and not worth their time especially during the summer demand. Vince was the only one that didn't mind taking it on, but he would need time (luckily it is not my only car). And my quote was at least $300 (this is for a 2 door coupe mind you) plus earliest appointments are end of July or beginning of August
Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Have you tried Discovery Tint? I plan on going there soon.. the owner is a chill guy.. also a car enthusiast.. claims he owns an Evo and GTI and told me and a friend of mine a place to go to drive around on 'twisties' (he uses that word A LOT!)..

I am actually not sure how well his tint job is but, I have seen good reviews based off other forums and yelp but I do plan on rescheduling my appointment soon.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by oshrizak
Have you tried Discovery Tint? I plan on going there soon.. the owner is a chill guy.. also a car enthusiast.. claims he owns an Evo and GTI and told me and a friend of mine a place to go to drive around on 'twisties' (he uses that word A LOT!)..

I am actually not sure how well his tint job is but, I have seen good reviews based off other forums and yelp but I do plan on rescheduling my appointment soon.
Yup, first place I called cause of 5-star overall yelp rating from 75 people (and he is also the closest to me). Indeed, he was a chill guy over the phone, well spoken and seemed to know his cars...but he declined citing it is a PITA and he has enough demand already (ie easier money for the effort).

This seemed to the story with everyone...I even called the place that did my wagon 4 years ago on the peninsula. Part of me appreciates the honesty and not wanting to screw up my car, but part of me is not very happy. What kind of professional or business are you if you only want to do the really easy, really quick jobs that result in easy money. And I told everyone time and money is not a probelm with me.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 06-18-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Yep... he denied me when I asked him to put the rear light red over lays... too much effort which sucks and he told me he tried it and doesnt want to screw it up so.. im stuck with overlays just sitting in my garage :-/ Hopefully you get it sorted let us know what the final choice is since im still in the market to do my tint. I didnt get to go to my appointment due to my car being in the shop for nearly 3 weeks.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by oshrizak
Yep... he denied me when I asked him to put the rear light red over lays... too much effort which sucks and he told me he tried it and doesnt want to screw it up so.. im stuck with overlays just sitting in my garage :-/ Hopefully you get it sorted let us know what the final choice is since im still in the market to do my tint. I didnt get to go to my appointment due to my car being in the shop for nearly 3 weeks.
I will keep you posted...The car has other priorities besides tint right now as well, so I am not rushing.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
You have a Dodge Stealth?! WTH is wrong with you!?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Yup, first place I called cause of 5-star overall yelp rating from 75 people (and he is also the closest to me). Indeed, he was a chill guy over the phone, well spoken and seemed to know his cars...but he declined citing it is a PITA and he has enough demand already (ie easier money for the effort).

This seemed to the story with everyone...I even called the place that did my wagon 4 years ago on the peninsula. Part of me appreciates the honesty and not wanting to screw up my car, but part of me is not very happy. What kind of professional or business are you if you only want to do the really easy, really quick jobs that result in easy money. And I told everyone time and money is not a probelm with me.
IIRC, the owner of Discovery Tint (Jesse) is Vince's brother. Vince worked there before starting up Omega.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
my bad... wrong thread.

Last edited by boardoholic; 10-08-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: OOPS!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 PM

Hey would anybody be down to go to this meet?
Old 02-21-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by coats223
Hey would anybody be down to go to this meet?
Wrong thread sorry, not sure how that happened 😂