Another Ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Another Ticket...

So I am driving on 17 to my soccer game at Cabrillo College, and I'm like 3 miles from Hwy 1 when a cop starts tailgating me. He finally pulls me over and says, "I've been following you for a couple miles. I was going 75 and you were pulling away from me and when I went 80 I caught up to you."

I was like ok...

So he writes me up for 75 in a 65... honestly how lame is that. And then he goes on to say, "I'm going to have to write you up a fix-it for your modified muffler. I could hear you from about a mile away..."

Pretty much I was going arguably 10 miles over the speed limit when cars were flying by me and he decided he wanted to **** me over.

My question, is it even worth contesting a ticket? Because I don't really wanna have to go to court in Santa Cruz if I'm just going to get owned. I know I wasn't going 80 and I was cruising at like 73 mph for the most part until I saw him tailgating me, then I slowed down to 65.

This sucks.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Car Info: Fast
ticketassassin.com
Old 03-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
that sucks..well for the speeding tix u can go to court and fight it and pray he doesnt show up..i know lots of peeps who got their tix cleared bc the cop never showed
Old 03-29-2008, 07:01 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Yes it is worth it. If you go and he isnt there the case will get dismissed. Though you may have to pay the 45 dollar court fee or whatever it is down there. I just did the same thing with my radar detector. He said it was a "JAMMER". I showed up to court he didnt show up, judge dismissed and i had to pay $44. Better than the 417 i was told it was gonna be if they decided it was a jammer.

It is always good to go just incase they dont show up. CHP never shows up unless they got a lot of tickets that day. If they only got 1 or 2 they most likely dont show up. It works for them for the people who dont contest and just mail the ticket in.

I hope this helps. I have heard of people getting out of street racing tix for this reason as well. It doesnt happen often but it does happen. If you dont get a ticket and no point on the record i would say its worth it. And if he does show up you would have had to pay it anyway.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:16 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Thanks for all your help

From Ticket Assassin
Submitting a Written Not Guilty plea is your legal right (under 40519b), but there is no state approved form for this plea. It seems suspicious that the best and easiest way to contest a traffic ticket is not supported by a state approved pleading form.

We at Ticket Assassin have created a Written Not Guilty Plea template since the state has neglected to do so. You can find this form in our shareware section. (requires registration)
Does anyone else know how to write a Not Guilty Plea so I don't have to pay 25 dollars to join the site?
Any help would be awesome
Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
ya if he doesnt show it is waived...BUT most cops and CHP get paid like triple time TO show up.... so slim chance he wont show
Old 03-29-2008, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Pay to play.

Do some traffic school and in the future keep to the speed limit.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:05 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
ya if he doesnt show it is waived...BUT most cops and CHP get paid like triple time TO show up.... so slim chance he wont show
actually its just overtime.

Secondly, you admitted to going 73ish. take the ticket for 75 and pray for a better day. or just slow down.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 06' 280whp/300wtq pig nose and 05' porsche cayenne
the easiest way is to go to court at least 7 days before your court date and ask for an extention in the date for school reasons. trust me it works all the time. and make sure you get atleast a month extention so that way the cop will forget to show up. and just look at it this way even if he does show up you bought yourself an extra month to save up for that ticket!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
Don't bother with ticketassassin, I paid the 25 and that **** didn't help at all for me. They have crappy responses when you ask for help, they send the same info over and over that doesn't help.

If he paced you, all he has to do is prove his speedometer is calbrated correctly and you lose.

I know cuz some cop just pulled me over a while back and said he paced me and gave a BS speed when I was SLOWING DOWN to take my exit and still gave me the ticket for it.

CHP FTL
Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Use a tr205 form online and write out all the details that you can remember. But in any case here's some great advice...."Its not what you know, its what you can prove."
Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx
i gotta ticket today for going 37 inna 30....the cop wrote me a ticket and told me to have a nice day.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:24 AM

Car Info: .
You admit to doing the crime, but you aren't willing to do the time? Trying to fight it will probably only keep your wallet fatter for just a few weeks longer. Ask for traffic school and move on with your life.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:28 AM

Car Info: 07 350Z
Sorry to ask in your thread, but if your driving 65-67mph and a cop pulls you over and says your going 70-75. Can you ask to see the speed on his radar gun to prove you were going that fast in a very respectful way? Or would that not work?
John
Old 03-30-2008, 01:33 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by JDM555
Sorry to ask in your thread, but if your driving 65-67mph and a cop pulls you over and says your going 70-75. Can you ask to see the speed on his radar gun to prove you were going that fast in a very respectful way? Or would that not work?
John
Yes you can. Although I've never done it (I knew the speed I got nabbed for matched his accusation), it should go over OK as long as you don't prod too hard.

What I'd like to see is to have someone ask to see it, have the officer show them and they try to high five him after saying "sweet, new personal record!".

Quick Reply: Another Ticket...