Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
Andy's Autosport is refusing to pay employees their comission! Advice needed :( >

Andy's Autosport is refusing to pay employees their comission! Advice needed :(

Notices

Andy's Autosport is refusing to pay employees their comission! Advice needed :(

Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM
  #16  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
TheFozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.F.BayArea
Posts: 2,694
Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
0_o WOW!



There is an alert for this business !
BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating

Last edited by TheFozz; 08-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.
TheFozz is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
  #17  
previously known as wrxBRAH
iTrader: (17)
 
FXTbrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Jose / Campbell
Posts: 3,384
Car Info: 2004 FXT
Im guessing you're not working there anymore because posting a thread like this will probably have negative effects. My suggestion is to delete the thread and go contact a lawyer if its an amount worth fighting over. Otherwise bend over or quit and find a new job.
FXTbrah is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
  #18  
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title
iTrader: (12)
 
LxJLthr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Mother Russia...
Posts: 3,994
Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by TheFozz View Post
0_o WOW!
BBB ratings means ****. All "non accredited" means is that they are not a paying member or a willing participant. If you don't join BBB, you are automatically listed as an "F". If you join, you automatically listed as an "A", until you get complaints.

They are just like Yelp, oftentimes paying subscribers get to "manage" their own rating (ie delete really bad ones), and non-paying companies effectively get extorted until they do.

Feel free to correct me if I have my information wrong though...

Last edited by LxJLthr; 08-01-2013 at 08:17 PM.
LxJLthr is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 PM
  #19  
If in doubt, FLAT OUT
iTrader: (32)
 
04GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nor Cal SJ
Posts: 6,792
Car Info: 04GGB again! and a blue car
Start giving out free shipping and discounts since there is no incentive not to.

While looking for your new job of course.
04GG is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
  #20  
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
SLEEPERWRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 129
Car Info: Subaru WRX
I qualify as the older person who's dealt with this isht before - here,s my .02

They're in time for telling you it ain't gonna happen for August

Demand payment for July - you kept track of it right?

If they don't pay you, leave, and tell them why, in writing.

This is piddly isht, they've shown their true colors, don't waste your time / life there.
SLEEPERWRX is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
  #21  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
BrendanTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 2,196
Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH View Post
Im guessing you're not working there anymore because posting a thread like this will probably have negative effects. My suggestion is to delete the thread and go contact a lawyer if its an amount worth fighting over. Otherwise bend over or quit and find a new job.
i still work there LOL

Originally Posted by SLEEPERWRX View Post
I qualify as the older person who's dealt with this isht before - here,s my .02

They're in time for telling you it ain't gonna happen for August

Demand payment for July - you kept track of it right?

If they don't pay you, leave, and tell them why, in writing.

This is piddly isht, they've shown their true colors, don't waste your time / life there.
Yes I have a track of every single transaction. They showed their true colors long ago but money is money bro...


I am going to speak to a lawyer and handle this. They have taken advantage of me like this many times before and ive shrugged it off and ive had enough. They are taking advantage of all the other employees as well and im the only one who has the ***** to stand up to them.

Shane I will reply now
BrendanTheGreat is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM
  #22  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Lowend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,291
Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Brandon - I have a very important question for you:
Do you have anything about this bonus in writing? A signed pay plan, a contract, an email stating they are offering bonus this way, an email from them congratulating someone who got the bonus?

If you do - this is easy. Tell the owners of Andy's you are going to take it to the labor board.

If not... you're not screwed, but this gets more complicated.

Either way, I would no longer be working there.
Lowend is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM
  #23  
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,091
The one thing I would say is in your favor is that they paid you out for this prior. So there is a history of this type of commission. But a lawyer will know best. The labor Board is also a great idea.

And finally, that **** hole is still open? Wasn't he closed/sued/opened under his wife, closed...sued?

Dude is the shadiest of the shady.
Akira-R is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
  #24  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Prettym1k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,695
Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by Goss408 View Post
Bonus is just that. If it's not in your offer letter or contract of employment, they aren't required to pay a bonus. Now in no way is that concrete, just my understanding of how it works, as an upper management guy.


Also not suprised, Andy's has a reputation, haha. Still waiting on a refund for an order through them from 2 months ago.
This may not be entirely true. A bonus is something you receive that isn't guaranteed. If Brendan can prove that this was an expected part of his salary, and was "the norm" for himself and other employees, then he may have a case against Andy's.

Bredan, you've talked to the labor board. But especially for young people and people considered minorities, there are TONS of free legal advisors/experts/lawyers out there who are willing to help pro bono. If you need help finding someone, let me know.
Prettym1k3 is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:56 AM
  #25  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Prettym1k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,695
Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by TheFozz View Post
Check your PM's. Don't do anything drastic until you cover your bases. Document, document, document everything from this point forward. Know what I am saying?
Any legal battle comes down to what you can prove. And this is just that. Prove it. Save documents. Voicemails. Anything you have. Months worth of pay stubs will be invaluable in a case like this, so gather them all up. Hopefully you save them.
Prettym1k3 is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
  #26  
9 to 5 mod
iTrader: (6)
 
sigma pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chavez Ravine
Posts: 57,333
Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Max Xevious View Post
sounds like its time for deep discounts for all callers.

Want free shipping? NO PROBLEM!
Overnight!
sigma pi is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
  #27  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Prettym1k3 View Post
This may not be entirely true. A bonus is something you receive that isn't guaranteed. If Brendan can prove that this was an expected part of his salary, and was "the norm" for himself and other employees, then he may have a case against Andy's.

Bredan, you've talked to the labor board. But especially for young people and people considered minorities, there are TONS of free legal advisors/experts/lawyers out there who are willing to help pro bono. If you need help finding someone, let me know.
That's exactly it.

Essentially it comes down to this... what was on the paperwork that you signed your name to when you were hired.

If it says that the bonus is in place as part of your pay then they have to honor that as part of your pay. If it's a true bonus... like you agreed to get paid x amount for your job... then as an incentive the owner gave the bonus, it can be taken away at any time. Or be raised and lowered at will based on performance.


When I worked in the union we had a structured bonus system but they company could raise and lower it based on the performance of the stock.



Hopefully the paper work you signed is similar to what you sign when you work as an EMT.

An EMT will make... say $10 an hour. But then they'll say you get paid say $15 per call you take. It's an incentive but it's a structured part of your pay package. They can not legally take that away because it's the legally binding agreement you signed.


So...

Step 1: Find you paperwork to get the wording of what you signed.
Step 2: Do the math on what you were due and print out the proof to support it.
Step 3: Keep track of every month until they fix their issues.
Step 4: Submit a report to the labor board.
Step 5: Give their response to your boss with your paperwork.

Step 6: Get paid.

Step 7: Get fired.

Step 8: Sue for wrongful termination

Step 9: Get paid.




So my advice... keep you ducks in a row. Be an honorable employee. Come to work on time. Do what you're suppose to do. If you're being screwed let them know they need to fix it.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
  #28  
9 to 5 mod
iTrader: (6)
 
sigma pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chavez Ravine
Posts: 57,333
Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
Step 7: Get fired.

Step 8: Sue for wrongful termination

Step 9: Get paid.
CA is at will employment. They can fire you with out reason.
sigma pi is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
  #29  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by sigma pi View Post
CA is at will employment. They can fire you with out reason.
True... and False.

"California courts have also held that an employer's general right to terminate an "at-will" employee is 'subject to limits imposed by public policy, since otherwise the threat of discharge could be used to coerce employees into committing crimes, concealing wrongdoing, or taking other action harmful to the public weal.' (Collier v. Superior Court (1991) 228 Cal.App.3d 1117, 1121, citing Foley v. Interactive Data Corp. (1988) 47 Cal.3d 654, 655). Thus, an exception to the general at-will employment presumption is made and a tortious wrongful discharge claim will lie where an employer's termination of an employee violates a fundamental public policy, or in other words, where "he or she is discharged for performing an act that public policy would encourage, or for refusing to do something that public policy would condemn." (Gantt v. Sentry Insurance (1992) 1 Cal.4th 1083, 1090; Green v. Ralee Engineering Co. (1998) 19 Cal.4th 66, 79-80; Tameny v. Atlantic Richfield Co. (1980) 27 Cal.3d 167). Therefore, unless the employee has an actual or implied contract with the employer which allows for termination only for cause or other specified reasons, the employer may fire an employee as long as the reasons are not illegal. Sometimes, it takes a skilled attorney to review the facts to determine whether the reasons for termination are illegal."




The at will policy can not be used by an employee to threaten people to not defend themselves against wrong doing... i.e. not getting paid when they should be. The employer in this case isn't threatening... but if there is no defense against being fired for standing up for yourself then no work place is safe. I guarantee you that if he was to have proper proof of wrong doing and filed a complaint to seek pay and was let go he could file a case and win.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 PM
  #30  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
BrendanTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 2,196
Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
True... and False.

"California courts have also held that an employer's general right to terminate an "at-will" employee is 'subject to limits imposed by public policy, since otherwise the threat of discharge could be used to coerce employees into committing crimes, concealing wrongdoing, or taking other action harmful to the public weal.' (Collier v. Superior Court (1991) 228 Cal.App.3d 1117, 1121, citing Foley v. Interactive Data Corp. (1988) 47 Cal.3d 654, 655). Thus, an exception to the general at-will employment presumption is made and a tortious wrongful discharge claim will lie where an employer's termination of an employee violates a fundamental public policy, or in other words, where "he or she is discharged for performing an act that public policy would encourage, or for refusing to do something that public policy would condemn." (Gantt v. Sentry Insurance (1992) 1 Cal.4th 1083, 1090; Green v. Ralee Engineering Co. (1998) 19 Cal.4th 66, 79-80; Tameny v. Atlantic Richfield Co. (1980) 27 Cal.3d 167). Therefore, unless the employee has an actual or implied contract with the employer which allows for termination only for cause or other specified reasons, the employer may fire an employee as long as the reasons are not illegal. Sometimes, it takes a skilled attorney to review the facts to determine whether the reasons for termination are illegal."




The at will policy can not be used by an employee to threaten people to not defend themselves against wrong doing... i.e. not getting paid when they should be. The employer in this case isn't threatening... but if there is no defense against being fired for standing up for yourself then no work place is safe. I guarantee you that if he was to have proper proof of wrong doing and filed a complaint to seek pay and was let go he could file a case and win.
This is why I love iclub because 95% are so willing to help friends in need. So thank you all for your responses!

I have almost every single pay slip since Oct 2012 (first month working there).

I also have a record of every single transaction for the entire month of July that i printed out.

Now, I never actually signed anything when i started working there, all i did was fill out a w2.

Now, i am having trouble getting any written information of the commission that was agreed on because all it was for the $2 bonus thing was basically verbal, at the beginning of june our boss does a few minute meeting with all of us, he showed us all a word doc printed out that showed the newly added $2 bonus and told us how it worked, then we left the room. so all i could possibly find was a word doc, which isnt really "officially" obviously.

i do have a screen shot of my boss talking to me over AIM explaining how my bonus was calcuated from last month in which he says "there was xxx amount of full transactions for a xxx total bonus in that category." iis that enough?

i was hoping to get a breakdown of my bonus where it clearly said what i was paid for but andys is so F****** unorganized i doubt they have anything like that anywhere at all lol
BrendanTheGreat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Andy's Autosport is refusing to pay employees their comission! Advice needed :(


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.