America's Tire Company in Santa Rosa?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:47 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
America's Tire Company in Santa Rosa?

Anyone use these guys? I'm ordering some tires from Discount Tire Direct and they will direct ship to this store for install.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:14 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
DTD and ATC are the same company except one is an actual business you go to to get tires put on while the other is a warehouse. I'm sure they're similar to any other ATC, and just make sure to watch them when they're doing stuff to make sure they don't screw around with your car. You wouldn't believe how many burnouts I saw on brand new tires while I was working there.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
DTD and ATC are the same company except one is an actual business you go to to get tires put on while the other is a warehouse. I'm sure they're similar to any other ATC, and just make sure to watch them when they're doing stuff to make sure they don't screw around with your car. You wouldn't believe how many burnouts I saw on brand new tires while I was working there.
what can i say..the floor had a special gloss coat on it..
Old 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 2002 M3
my cousin works there ... you wont have to worry about him burning out in youre car but youre lugs might be left loose. he never has left lugs loose it was a joke, haha. but actually the sr americas tire left my lugs loose on my 73 blazer that had 35's on it, going down mendo i felt a vibration to look out the side and see the tire and wheels wobbling i pulled over and 2 of the 6 lugs were left and 2 of the wheel studs had sheared off... they paid for everything but still...
Old 05-04-2006, 07:37 PM

Thanks guys. I'll bring my torque wrench along w/ me Thanks bigperm, I mean bigworm.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:45 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
I've had great service and prices from them for all except one time when I'd second the loose lugnuts bit. On the wagon I'd have 2 flats repaired with plugs, one where they pro-rated my other 3 tires because they were worn too much to put a new tire on(mismatch tire sized BAAAAAD mmmkay?), I ended up spending $8 a tire for 4 new tires after the other ones had 12K miles on them The one bad time I had gotten the meat rotated and I made it about 5 miles away and the car felt really odd. I pulled over there were 2 lugnuts missing from one front wheel, and 1 missing from the other, and a few on the back wheels where barely hanging on. They paid to have one of my front wheels replaced and the studs for both front wheels since the wheels wobbled. REAAAALLLY pissed me off, but they handled it very well. I am so glad I didn't get on the highway. Even with the screw up I've had enough good service from them that I'll be going back when I need new tires.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:52 PM

How come they have different prices and how can DTD get away w/ not charging tax?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Impreza RS
Originally Posted by HomerJay
How come they have different prices and how can DTD get away w/ not charging tax?
DTD is a direct seller (wholesale)
ATC is a retailer. I know cuz i work there.
The install will only cost you 11$ per tire. and if you go to santa rosa Talk to Kevin McCabe, and tell him i (kendall atkins)told you to go there and see him. He is a good friend of mine. I try to hook up all of the I-club guys that come in.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by HomerJay
They are "technically" different stores hence the different names. Usually ATC includes shipping and a small installation fee into the price of the tires while DTD is only straight tires.

Also, since they're "technically" different stores they aren't in every state which allows them to avoid taxes where the warehouses aren't located in.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 BLQ WRX WGN
My ex-roomate works at the one in Campbell.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by KendallRS
DTD is a direct seller (wholesale)
ATC is a retailer. I know cuz i work there.
The install will only cost you 11$ per tire. and if you go to santa rosa Talk to Kevin McCabe, and tell him i (kendall atkins)told you to go there and see him. He is a good friend of mine. I try to hook up all of the I-club guys that come in.
They are "technically" different stores hence the different names. Usually ATC includes shipping and a small installation fee into the price of the tires while DTD is only straight tires.

Also, since they're "technically" different stores they aren't in every state which allows them to avoid taxes where the warehouses aren't located in.
Thanks guys for the info and thanks Kendall for the hookup. I love this community!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 PM

Car Info: WRX
hehe atc...i work there in UC =D
Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
hp

lol looks like a lot of i clubbers work at ATC i work in the one in dublin anyone around stop by
Old 05-05-2006, 03:03 AM

Car Info: Saabaru
Sounds like ATC is a great place to go. You're guaranteed new tires and then new rims or a hub or something after the install.

Hey whats the discount like if you work there? Is it a percentage or by the cost of the of the tire? Just wondering. I want to work there for 2 days...get my tires, and then quit
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by lazybummm
Sounds like ATC is a great place to go. You're guaranteed new tires and then new rims or a hub or something after the install.

Hey whats the discount like if you work there? Is it a percentage or by the cost of the of the tire? Just wondering. I want to work there for 2 days...get my tires, and then quit
The discount depends on how much the manager likes you. If he likes you, you'll get pretty good prices, while if you're just a normal worker, you don't get much of a discount.

hp: does garrick still work there? Last time I went, he treated me like a ***got cuz he was hella *****ing at me and PMSing or something.

Quick Reply: America's Tire Company in Santa Rosa?