For all you track whore! My shop track project Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Car Info: WRC replica
For all you track *****! My shop track project Z

How you guys doing? I haven't come in or post in here for a while, some of you may know me as "the carbon fiber guy" or "the vinyl wrap guy", some of you may see me at the track, some of you may not! Anyway I just want to share with you guys on the shop projects we are working on, I know it's NOT a Subaru, but why not sharing here right since I'm a Subaru owner and I'm sure some of you track people will be interested.

For people who know me back then, I still have my old bugeye, no worry, haha. Ever since I opened my own shop in So. SF, just didn't have time to play with it yet, but I will finish my bugeye in the near future. This is the TRACK/RACE ONLY shop car we are working on right now, hope you guys enjoy!

ABS must delete, for people who track their Z, they know! Added Wilwood proportioning valve to get ready for upcoming Wilwood BBK!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-img_1546.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-img_1547.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-1.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-2.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-5.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 PM

More pics on what's done! This was the very first stage using Integra radiator and fan kit for positing purpose for the V-mount radiator setup, we already changed it to a proper size core and fan kit you will see below. We couldn't have a race car without a yellow headlight right, so I wrapped it yellow, haha(actually it was my personal reference, lol)! Oil cooler was installed to keep the engine oil temp down as the Z is known for overheating at the track!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-img_1625.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-img_1570.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-img_2195.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-3.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-4.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-01-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Things keep changing once you know there is more room for this beast to grow! This was right before last week T-Hill NASA track day, corner balancing ftw! We didn't like the HKS exhaust it came with the car, we decided to fab our own center exit exhaust, haha! True bolt on application, that way we can always change it whenever we are bore of it!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-3.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-4-1-.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-5.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-01-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Our sponsors sent over some Wilwood front 6 pot/rear 4 pot with couple set of track pads, we wasted no time and installed them! Also fabbed a bezel for the center exit exhaust setup!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-1-2-.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-2-2-.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-2-1-.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-2.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-3-1-.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:55 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
omg I want
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 PM

more toy came in today, busy busy!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-1.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo-2.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 PM

We are Shorai Racing battery dealer, of course we will get sponsored by them, This little guy has over 500 CCA, we build a little house for the little guy to live in too. Weight reduction, only 4.8lbs! I think this is every race car should have!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-battery.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-battery2.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-battery3.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-battery-tray.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-final-product.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-14-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 PM

Staying late tonight to try to get the rear diff in with Whiteline rear diff bushing(OMG, that thing is a bitxh to install, don't try this at home) along with Eibach sway bar set!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-rear-diff.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-rear-diff-1.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-rear-diff-2.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-sway.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Base Galaxy Blue
I live in south SF and am always looking for a good shop (particularly one that knows subies). Where are you guys located and what services / products do you provide?
Old 05-14-2014, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by sealandsheep
I live in south SF and am always looking for a good shop (particularly one that knows subies). Where are you guys located and what services / products do you provide?
We can discuss this in pm since I'm not a vendor here!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:05 PM

Battery box done and installed!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-z1.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 05:08 PM

Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum came in last Saturday morning, we got it installed at night! Fitment was not 100% perfect, I will say 95%, have to re-drill and tapped 1 hole, not a big deal!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-z2.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-27-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Welded up a shield with velocity stack for our intake, time to draw more air in with the Kinetix plenum!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-z3.jpg   For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-z4.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:08 PM

I thought I can play with the Z today since we got everything done early, oh well, gotta get back to work now!
Attached Thumbnails For all you track whore! My shop track project Z-photo.jpg  

Last edited by orwrx; 05-27-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: For all you track whore! My shop track project Z