Are all SUV drivers a-holes or just the rich ones!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Are all SUV drivers a-holes or just the rich ones!

Argh!!! Twice now this week I've had a run-in with luxo-SUVs.

on Sat night...coming out of the movies at 2am, driving my old beater P/U truck...I tried to merge on the freeway and this f'in Escalade wouldn't let me merge. THE REST OF THE FREEWAY WAS EMPTY!!! WTF? He couldn't move over one lane on an empty freeway? The thing was, I was way ahead of him, but he purposely put on the gas to block me. Why? On hind-sight, I should have let the a-hole hit my car. I would have gotten more money than my P/U is worth and he would have gotten a f'ed up Escalade. But then, I don't trust the seat belts on my beater either

Then this morning, on my way to work...I see a red light ahead, I take my foot off the gas and coast to the red light at 40 in a 25mph zone, hoping to time the green or at least not waste gas/brakes/etc needlessly. The X5 behind pulls by me in the opposite direction, passes me at like 60mph, just to get to the red light and slam on his brakes. At the next red light, where the road now has 2 lanes, we're side by side, he rolls down his window and yells "DID YOU LEARN TO DRIVE IN CHINA?!?!?" (which I didn't get at all, cause I'm obviously Vietnamese ... yeah, yeah, we all look a-rike). WTF?!?!

I replied "DO YOU LIKE HAVING A SMALL D!CK!?!?!?"...I was referring to the big rich car compensating for little ***** thing...but it didn't come out quite right and he didn't seem to get it.

ARGH!!! SUV drivers can suck my spicy and sour ***** dipped in fish sauce!!!!
/end rant

Last edited by stevenkhau; 05-17-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stevenkhau
I replied "DO YOU LIKE HAVING A SMALL D!CK!?!?!?"...I was referring to the big rich car compensating for little ***** thing...but it didn't come out quite right and he didn't seem to get it.

Ha ha ha ha hella funny. I'd say a lot of SUV drivers are inconsiderate when it comes to driving etiquette. Big car mentality.

:banana:
Old 05-17-2004, 02:43 PM

excuse me steven im offended by this post, lol J/k yea that sucks arss its as if those bastards own the road, some people REALLY dont know how to drive like its seriously scary the law is putting pressure on all of those who speed and when you speed your obviously risking your life and the lives of others, anyways I still think a slow driver is much more dangerous than a driver who speeds, they will be going 65 in the fast lane allowing you to get pretty close and with about a 1k ft space between them and the car in front of them they slam on the brakes cause they see the brakelights of somebody driving exactly like they do.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:57 PM

i can't tell the difference between azn's
Old 05-17-2004, 02:59 PM

it takes time and you have to know quite a bit of them, eventually once you learn the trick u will never forget, its sort of like riding a bike. when I was living in the calstate dorms I learned that asians were very offended when you think they are a nationality that they are not, good thing I was friends with em.

May the force be with you.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fatal Velocity
it takes time and you have to know quite a bit of them, eventually once you learn the trick u will never forget, its sort of like riding a bike. when I was living in the calstate dorms I learned that asians were very offended when you think they are a nationality that they are not, good thing I was friends with em.

oh i know
i just cant tell the difference, and i don't go around telling azns "your chinese, your japanese" im not stupid :P
Old 05-17-2004, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
true chinese drivers in china dont stop for silly things like red lights. they'll just go into oncoming lanes if they are open. i've seen it with my own 2 eyes!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
I'm a a-hole and I don't even own a SUV!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey, I used to drive a 4Runner. I guess I used to be an a-hole then (anyone beg to differ? )
Old 05-17-2004, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Why don't you just lift and let him pass? Not worth getting all puffy over, IMO.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:03 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Argh!!! Twice now this week I've had a run-in with luxo-SUVs.

on Sat night...coming out of the movies at 2am, driving my old beater P/U truck...I tried to merge on the freeway and this f'in Escalade wouldn't let me merge. THE REST OF THE FREEWAY WAS EMPTY!!! WTF? He couldn't move over one lane on an empty freeway? The thing was, I was way ahead of him, but he purposely put on the gas to block me. Why? On hind-sight, I should have let the a-hole hit my car. I would have gotten more money than my P/U is worth and he would have gotten a f'ed up Escalade. But then, I don't trust the seat belts on my beater either

Then this morning, on my way to work...I see a red light ahead, I take my foot off the gas and coast to the red light at 40 in a 25mph zone, hoping to time the green or at least not waste gas/brakes/etc needlessly. The X5 behind pulls by me in the opposite direction, passes me at like 60mph, just to get to the red light and slam on his brakes. At the next red light, where the road now has 2 lanes, we're side by side, he rolls down his window and yells "DID YOU LEARN TO DRIVE IN CHINA?!?!?" (which I didn't get at all, cause I'm obviously Vietnamese ... yeah, yeah, we all look a-rike). WTF?!?!

ARGH!!! SUV drivers can suck my spicy and sour ***** dipped in fish sauce!!!!
/end rant
Dude, I totally feel you on this. Especially the thing about fools in SUVs racing past you to slam on their brakes at a red light. ****in retards. I wouldn't be able to stand it if it wasn't for being able to smoke their asses in the impreza, once the light turns green

jonathan
Old 05-17-2004, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by hatchy
Why don't you just lift and let him pass? Not worth getting all puffy over, IMO.
huh? let him pass? in both cases, i wasn't trying to block anybody.

when i was on the freeway, I couldn't let him pass, cause I was already several car lengths ahead of the guy. He SPED up to block me in?

this morning...I had no idea WTF was up with the guy. It was a one lane road, and I was already 15mph over the limit. I mean it was basically a residential area ferchrissakes. am I supposed to pull over on the side of the road and let him pass? you gotta be kidding me.

BTW...is it really a luxo-SUV driver problem? I've never had any probs with the soccer-mom type SUVs...if I've ever been cut-off by one of em, they usually wave a "I'm sorry" or something. These a-holes were going out of their way to be jerks. The other thing I don't get was I was driving an old beater P/U, not my shiny "ricer-looking" WRX. Didn't know people had a thing against Nissan pickup trucks
Old 05-17-2004, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
I dunno, if I was already going 15 over the posted limit, and someone was still on my ***, I'd try to be the bigger person, give them a little extra space and wave them pass.

I understand what you are saying, but life is too short to worry about some dumbass.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by hatchy
I dunno, if I was already going 15 over the posted limit, and someone was still on my ***, I'd try to be the bigger person, give them a little extra space and wave them pass.

I understand what you are saying, but life is too short to worry about some dumbass.

normally i would, but there was a red light coming up, and I assumed he was slowing down too. basically, it was totally unexpected...oh wells.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
I feel your pain brother...I drive a pickup beater and people show zero love for you in those old 1/2ton mini trucks. And I also say a prayer every day that someone will hit me when I'm in it and I'll get a new truck but then I remember like you said, the thing has no airbags and the seatbelts are questionable! haha oh well bring it on you big stupid trucks!

on the subject of big stupid trucks, there were two trucks, both the monster USA trucks that weigh several tons. Anyway they were parked on the sidewalk near my house and I called DPT and got both of them a ticket, that's what they get for breaking up the sidewalk with their pseudo-monster trucks that never have a load in the back! lol

Quick Reply: Are all SUV drivers a-holes or just the rich ones!