Air Force

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:08 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by yayitzian
my buddy in the marines say air force gets all the special treatment. in terms of living quarters, food etc. i dunno if he's just jealous or what the real deal is. but he said if i ever go military, go air force for easiness. haha
Yes, this is true. Air Force gets the best deployed treatment and are relatively safer than anyone else.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:32 AM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Yes, this is true. Air Force gets the best deployed treatment and are relatively safer than anyone else.
Yea, ok. I went to Balad.

If you wanna know about PJ training ask me. I did it for a few months. Then I went SP. Ask if there's anything you wanna know.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
Yea, ok. I went to Balad.

If you wanna know about PJ training ask me. I did it for a few months. Then I went SP. Ask if there's anything you wanna know.
Well, I would ask but I'm in the 20th SFG (Army) as it is now and will be either deploying in August or attending SFAS so I'm already up on it.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 AM

Car Info: iono nemore
the air force is trying to get rid of 12k people so I don't know if their recruiting anymore.

come to the army. it aint that bad. you get to wear a snazzy digi uniform
Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by oct1285
the air force is trying to get rid of 12k people so I don't know if their recruiting anymore.

come to the army. it aint that bad. you get to wear a snazzy digi uniform
I hate these new uniforms with a passion.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:37 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Buddy of mine was in the military jumping out of ****. Ended up being a smoke jumper..jumping out of **** into the middle of fires. Now I have no clue what he does.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 AM

I hate these new uniforms with a passion.
ugghhh i'd like to meet whoever decided to use velcro patches and pin on skill badges and kick them in the *****. Now its going to be too easy for people to steal your top. all they got to do is rip off the velcro. I do like the no starching and no wrinkle fabric.

and the air force is suppose to get a new uniform. something with tiger stripes i think. And if you think just becuase you're in the usaf you'll be safe in the sandbox think again. the air force is running convoys and pulling guard just like us army folk
Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Buddy of mine was in the military jumping out of ****. Ended up being a smoke jumper..jumping out of **** into the middle of fires. Now I have no clue what he does.
I want to do that or be a ski medic when I retire.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:42 AM

ugghhh i'd like to meet whoever decided to use velcro patches and pin on skill badges and kick them in the *****. Now its going to be too easy for people to steal your top. all they got to do is rip off the velcro. I do like the no starching and no wrinkle fabric.

and the air force is suppose to get a new uniform. something with tiger stripes i think. And if you think just becuase you're in the usaf you'll be safe in the sandbox think again. the air force is running convoys and pulling guard just like us army folk
I never said you would be safer but the fact of the matter is that the Air Force doesn't run daily foot patrols through Mosul and Baghdad looking for weapons cache on the large.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 AM

I never said you would be safer but the fact of the matter is that the Air Force doesn't run daily foot patrols through Mosul and Baghdad looking for weapons cache on the large.
no i wasn't saying you were. I was just saying
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM

no i wasn't saying you were. I was just saying
Yeah, I'll agree with that. If you over there you're in more danger than if you were at home watching it on the news.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
General Pimpin'

I want to do that or be a ski medic when I retire.

true that....

my buddy enlisted a couple months ago. He's doing his ranger qualifications right now. I haven't heard from him for a couple weeks so I"m guessing he's doing well. He's a stud so I don't doubt he'll be fine. Water polo guy. At the very least it looks like he's gonna be an airborne ranger/infantry...I'd imagine he'll get his asignment pretty quickly.

But he tried to go in as an airborne medic so he could come out and be a paramedic firemen and do ski medic stuff as well.

When my knee is finished messing with me and I get my fat *** in shape I plan on taking some courses and doing the ski medic thing. It's really not as hard as you would think. In the meantime I plan on taking some avi courses and getting certified.

I'd like to get more into backcountry as I'm getting older. Get into search and rescue.

My girls little brother enlisted at 17. He's did boot camp last summer. AIT is coming up here. He'll be an MP if he goes active. Didn't test well. But I told him with his shooting skills he should test for whatever he can. Not sure what it would take but go for sniper if he goes active...more like when. He qualified very high.

I tested very well. But had a few things holding me back. I can't do jack about it now. Knee surgery. No go for me now even if I wanted to give flying another shot. So maybe I'll get rich and learn to fly a heli on my own.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
thanks guy
Old 06-28-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
true that....

my buddy enlisted a couple months ago. He's doing his ranger qualifications right now. I haven't heard from him for a couple weeks so I"m guessing he's doing well. He's a stud so I don't doubt he'll be fine. Water polo guy. At the very least it looks like he's gonna be an airborne ranger/infantry...I'd imagine he'll get his asignment pretty quickly.

But he tried to go in as an airborne medic so he could come out and be a paramedic firemen and do ski medic stuff as well.

When my knee is finished messing with me and I get my fat *** in shape I plan on taking some courses and doing the ski medic thing. It's really not as hard as you would think. In the meantime I plan on taking some avi courses and getting certified.

I'd like to get more into backcountry as I'm getting older. Get into search and rescue.

My girls little brother enlisted at 17. He's did boot camp last summer. AIT is coming up here. He'll be an MP if he goes active. Didn't test well. But I told him with his shooting skills he should test for whatever he can. Not sure what it would take but go for sniper if he goes active...more like when. He qualified very high.

I tested very well. But had a few things holding me back. I can't do jack about it now. Knee surgery. No go for me now even if I wanted to give flying another shot. So maybe I'll get rich and learn to fly a heli on my own.
Well I'm not sure if your boy is in RIP or ROP but if he wants to go to a Ranger Regiment he'll have to complete both. About the MP there are ways out of your MOS but it is generally hard. I have qualified 40/40 except one time when I got screwed by a human graded who jipped me out of honor grad. I now work as an assistant S3 and assign all of our battalions sniper missions so they'd like me to go and I'd love to do it as this is my only chance. As far as Ranger School goes it's basically a suckfeast and you just have to do what you have to do and wait for it to be over. It's as bad as you make it but it is very possible to not make it due to physical limitations. If you want to cheer him up (it worked for me) my brother send me a big box with a letter on it telling me he enclosed enough Snickers bars for our whole company. Knowing that there being enough for everyone was our only chance at not having them taken we ripped into the box only to find 140 empty Snickers wrappers (he gave them to a bunch of people in his senior class and asked for the wrappers back). It reminded me that people at home still hadn't forgot about me and that a sense of humor can get you through anything.

Last edited by 1reguL8NSTi; 06-28-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:48 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm not sure what he's in either. Last time I talked to him he was done with airborne and screwed up the first part of the PT entrance for the ranger deal. I guess you have to do a certain amount of pushup. They didn't count 10 of his so he failed but he got enough to qualify for a second chance. Which I'm sure he passed. I gave him some pointers on a quick way to build up his push up counts. I used to be able to do over 100 in a row.

He was suppose to call me back with his new address but he never did. So I can't write him.
When I get it, how many candy bars should I send? Kids like my little brother man. I love him to death. I've gone through some stuff with him.

He has a cell phone but I have no idea on when it would be cool to call him. I'd guess he'd have it off and in his locker but I'd hate to **** him by having it ring at the wrong time.

Quick Reply: Air Force