Afliction: Banned... Whos watching? [[SPOILERS!!]]

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Hatteroo
lol dude your ruskie knockoff accents were funny. I think it was more fun that we were making fun of the Affliction event and their ****ty half time whatever you want to call it with megadeth.

I was pretty disapointed with the entire Affliction event actually. Had some pretty good names but not enough substance for me. We were actually watching more of the UFC event rather than Affliction. I am very excited to see that Randy says he'd like to fight Fedor after he settles all the legal junk with UFC.

Rather dissapointed that silvia was a limp dick, nogueira lost, oh and how much of a SUCKY commentator Big John McCarthy really is and should have stayed a ref in the UFC and just taught his school. Was kinda surprised to see Herb Dean reffing.
Dude, megadeath is ****ing crazy awesome. I loved them, oh, back in HS
Old 07-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Yeah, I just assumed MMA was always PPV.

Here are some links I found to watch fights.

Arlovski vs. Rothwell
http://mmaimpact.com/2008/07/20/andr...ned-mma-video/

Tim Sylvia vs. Fedor Emelianko
Skip ahead to 5:00 for actual fight
http://mmaimpact.com/2008/07/19/fedo...ned-mma-video/

Barnett vs. Rizzo
http://mmaimpact.com/2008/07/20/josh...ned-mma-video/

Dewees vs. A.Rogerio Nogueira
http://mmaimpact.com/2008/07/20/edwi...ned-mma-video/

Silva vs. Irvin
http://mmaimpact.com/2008/07/20/ande...-14-mma-video/
Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
didn't watch the fight but Tim never stood a chance against Fedor. I laughed when I first heard he was going to fight Fedor.

Well I think the reason people gave him a chance was because of his performance against Nog. I mean he almost beats Nog, and Nog went through 2 3 round wars with Fedor.

But again, MMA math is often incorrect right?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by verc
Well I think the reason people gave him a chance was because of his performance against Nog. I mean he almost beats Nog, and Nog went through 2 3 round wars with Fedor.

But again, MMA math is often incorrect right?
math, what math?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Wow, at the end of the Arlovski fight, blood is spattered onto one of the camera lens which was outside the ring during the fight, and then is walking around videotaping Rothwell--the first time I've noticed a fighter's blood on the video camera lens.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
math, what math?
lol! yeah true dat
Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by AutoHQ
Wow, at the end of the Arlovski fight, blood is spattered onto one of the camera lens which was outside the ring during the fight, and then is walking around videotaping Rothwell--the first time I've noticed a fighter's blood on the video camera lens.
Fujita Kazuyuki hooked a chunk of James Thompson's mouth onto a camera before

I think the Affliction event was pretty good. I'm sure a lot of MMA n00bs were unhappy with it b/c there weren't a lot of highlight reel kinda KO's or whatnot, but most of the fights were pretty competitive and good to watch. Watching MMA takes patience and an eye for technique, afterall
Old 07-20-2008, 07:15 PM

just saw the fedor vs tim fight. That fight was shorter than the fedor vs hong man choi fight lol. And that was Hong's first fight too lol
Old 07-20-2008, 07:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I like Silva's Knockout blow =P Rocked that dude hard.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I like Silva's Knockout blow =P Rocked that dude hard.
he telegraphed Irvin's kick, and while he held it, Irvin was left wide open and ate a direct punch right into the jaw.

If anybody saw that last fight on UFC Fight Night with the 2 welterweights Rory Markham vs Brodie Farber, I think that KO kick was better than Silva's KO punch, because that one kick, Markham knew it was over before the ref stopped the fight (Markham didn't bother to keep on attacking even though the ref didn't stop the fight until he got a look at the dood's face). The dood was unconscious and was all stiffened up.

Video here
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d70_1216567416
Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
lol dude your ruskie knockoff accents were funny. I think it was more fun that we were making fun of the Affliction event and their ****ty half time whatever you want to call it with megadeth.

I was pretty disapointed with the entire Affliction event actually. Had some pretty good names but not enough substance for me. We were actually watching more of the UFC event rather than Affliction. I am very excited to see that Randy says he'd like to fight Fedor after he settles all the legal junk with UFC.

Rather dissapointed that silvia was a limp dick, nogueira lost, oh and how much of a SUCKY commentator Big John McCarthy really is and should have stayed a ref in the UFC and just taught his school. Was kinda surprised to see Herb Dean reffing.
Man that was hilarious making fun of Affliction for not having lights, buying the old WWF cameras used in the 80's off ebay, and haha filming it all in a rented out highschool gym. hahahah.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

That kick was awesome; plus, you love to see the underdog strike back.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:11 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
No, I think UFC had exciting fights last night. Affliction had a lot of known fighters, but to me almost all the fights were lacking. I hope to see more in future performances. Reguardless I'm an MMA fan, and will order the next one. On another side note, Cotto vs Margarito next saturday haha

EDIT: I was flipping through both venues at the same time so I didn't watch both fully.

EDIT EDIT: Josh Barnetts victory celebration was HILARIOUS!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by evsoul
Man that was hilarious making fun of Affliction for not having lights, buying the old WWF cameras used in the 80's off ebay, and haha filming it all in a rented out highschool gym. hahahah.
Funny thing is they showed the Undertake and Stone Cold Steve Austin there in attendance
Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Funny thing is they showed the Undertake and Stone Cold Steve Austin there in attendance
maybe they are trying to follow in Brock Lesnar's shoes and join the mma as The Outsiders ala Kevin Nash and toothpick thrower Razor Ramon roflmao

Quick Reply: Afliction: Banned... Whos watching? [[SPOILERS!!]]