Advice on speeding ticket on 80 (Fairfield). Please comment :(.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:39 PM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
Advice on speeding ticket on 80 (Fairfield). Please comment :(.

Edit: Ticket is dismissed!

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask advice from those with experience.
Story short, I received a speeding citation from CHP for a speed that me and the passengers in my car don't recall traveling.

Long story Sorry for the miss mash of details.
It was today in the morning at 5:30am. Dark but the sun was rising. Around the Fairfield auto park on 80. There was light to no traffic so it was much easier to remember the cars that were around me. I was traveling at a safe speed for the conditions. I got pulled over by a CHP on a motorcycle and he cited me going 80mph. Officer claimed he will cite me for 79mph instead of 80mph..... the citation still reads 80mph..... Weather was cold and I was traveling with 2 passengers.

The officer nicely asked me if I knew what I did wrong and I honestly did not know. I know I was traveling under 80mph and my passengers believe so. All I remember was seeing the CHP lights and a white Volvo behind but next to me traveling at similar speeds. I was on the fast lane. I am not going to argue that he may have clocked the Volvo.... pointless (I believe all the radar/lidars etc.... are advance enough to correct those defects), I just wanted to question why did he pulled me over and not the volvo.... Just wondering would it be because of my car's profile. 2.5RS with V5 wing.

The officer stated that I pleaded not guilty and am eligible for traffic school. I want to go to court to contest. Problem is I do not know if the officer used a radar or lidar. Also I will reschedule my court date due to conflicting vacation schedules, I don't know if that will help or hurt my case.

Any advice or experience for a fellow suby member?
Also reason why for this..... Normally I would just go to court, get fees lowered and do traffic school. I just spent $2k on my vacation plans coming up in September and I do not want to spend $300-400 for ticket and traffic school....

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by iLikeTofu; 12-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Just wanted to wonder what are my cases and options. Ticket has a check on radar/lidar/patrol unit vehicle #.... can't read the chicken scratch in that box (AS001716?).

1) Go to court and contest with judge with the officer being there. What are my cases, options, advice etc.

2) Go to court and contest with judge and not have the officer there. (rare but would like that) Get ticket repealed.

Last edited by iLikeTofu; 08-07-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:58 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Both options are bad unless you bring a lawyer with you. If the cop doesn't show, you'll be lucky but that rarely happens these days. Contact ticketbust.com. They'll take all the details of the incident and do a trial by written declaration for you. They are lawyers and know the lawyer language that's required to be taken seriously by the courts. So far I have submitted 3 speeding tickets through them and they got me off all 3.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 08-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Both options are bad unless you bring a lawyer with you. If the cop doesn't show, you'll be lucky but that rarely happens these days. Contact ticketbust.com. They'll take all the details of the incident and do a trial by written declaration for you. They are lawyers and know the lawyer language that's required to be taken seriously by the courts. So far I have submitted 3 speeding tickets through them and they got me off all 3.

Thanks
-- Ed
how much does ticketbust usually run?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
$200 if they win, $100 if they don't.

-- Ed
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Thank you for the option. I'll pm you once I have access to my computer about your experience with ticketbust Ed.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
+10000000000000 I have got out of about 4 tickets thru the years using a trial by written and they've worked great. Most of the time, i get a letter back months later saying im not guilty and money is returned. One time I had a letter telling me why I won my case and what the officer had to say about his side.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Pm'd buddy. I got you on this one.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Car Info: MY05RS, MY70914, and MY10VT1300CS
You got popped because of the car you drive, plain and simple. Why pull over an old lady/man in a volvo when you can pull over a young dude in a japanese import.

I learned that lesson long ago. Drive the speed limit on the freeway, and don't drive through fremont if you can.

Sorry bout the ticket man, and good luck!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
pm'd buddy. I got you on this one.
thank you mike!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX STI
Did you manage to get out of the ticket ? I just recieved a speeding ticket today ,and was wondering if you had any suggestions ?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 PM

bump from the grave. THANK YOU strider327 for all you advice, help and support. Ticket has been dismissed.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:45 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Awesome
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
same thing somewhat happened to me.. I researched the laws etc.. pull this card out -

"Your Honor, would you please ask Officer_____ to show a document showing the last time his radar (calibration) was tested." Police officers have to have that thing calibrated every 6 months. If no papers, your free to walk..

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by iLikeTofu
bump from the grave. THANK YOU strider327 for all you advice, help and support. Ticket has been dismissed.
No problem, glad I could help.

Quick Reply: Advice on speeding ticket on 80 (Fairfield). Please comment :(.