Adios Monterey, Herro Sunnyvale

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Adios Monterey, Herro Sunnyvale

Moving up there tonight, anything fun to do up there?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
old people, old people an more old people
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pactin
Oh, so just like Monterey area!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Pactin
i should move there hten haha
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Car Info: '08 SpecB
Sunnyvale's not bad... there's just nothing to do right THERE!
But it's a short drive to other areas like Mountain View, Cupertino, and Santa Clara.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
I live in sunnyvale. I love it! I'm right next to amc 20 and frys! great freeway access. st johns on lawrence expressway has 1/2 price burgers every wednesday night (among other happy hours every night of the week) Where in sunnyvale are you moving?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
MVKK is in your future...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - OBP
there is a couple of biker bars in downtown... or you can go to mtv, sj, or palo alto
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
golfland
Old 06-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Ah yes Sunnyvale, discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it Sunnyvale, which of course means Old Hairy *******. Known for it's stratified levels of wealth within its ranks, diverse population, and a rather bored police force.

For movies I recommend Mercado 20 or AMC 16 (Valco Mall), If I have the choice I pick AMC 16 any day.

For drinks I recommend downtown Mountain View, Castro Street, that has Molly MaGee's and Buddha Lounge which are both decent. Downtown Sunnyvale also has a couple decent watering holes as well. A local favorite is Peacock Lounge and Britannia Arms (fun to go watch soccer matches and drink some brews) for me.

Plenty of parks if you have a dog or something like that

You will be fairly centrally located so a drive to Fremont is about 20min, San Jose 15min, SF 35-45, Los Gatos 15, Palo Alto 15. The advantage being you are kinda in the middle of them all and able to take full advantage of what those local cities have to offer as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by papakiet
I live in sunnyvale. I love it! I'm right next to amc 20 and frys! great freeway access. st johns on lawrence expressway has 1/2 price burgers every wednesday night (among other happy hours every night of the week) Where in sunnyvale are you moving?
I'll be by the Sunnyvale-Saratoga/Fremont intersection.

Originally Posted by nokio
Ah yes Sunnyvale, discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it Sunnyvale, which of course means Old Hairy *******. Known for it's stratified levels of wealth within its ranks, diverse population, and a rather bored police force.

For movies I recommend Mercado 20 or AMC 16 (Valco Mall), If I have the choice I pick AMC 16 any day.

For drinks I recommend downtown Mountain View, Castro Street, that has Molly MaGee's and Buddha Lounge which are both decent. Downtown Sunnyvale also has a couple decent watering holes as well. A local favorite is Peacock Lounge and Britannia Arms (fun to go watch soccer matches and drink some brews) for me.

Plenty of parks if you have a dog or something like that

You will be fairly centrally located so a drive to Fremont is about 20min, San Jose 15min, SF 35-45, Los Gatos 15, Palo Alto 15. The advantage being you are kinda in the middle of them all and able to take full advantage of what those local cities have to offer as well.
I looked up bars on Yelp already I'm going to check out Fibbar MaGee's sometime this week. There is a Brit down here, but it isn't very good (wannabe club, and really small) but maybe the Sunnyvale one is better.

What dog friendly things are there in Sunnyvale? My basset is used to running off leash on the beach, and I don't think he's going to enjoy the switch to being on a leash all the time.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
damn. only a 20 min drive to fremont? where do i sign up?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
fibbar magees is pretty cool. molly magees in mountain view is cool too.. thats where people go after the mvkk meets. I didn't even know there was a brit in sunnyvale. I know they have one in cupertino. (which I don't like due to all the high school alumni hang out there) amc 16 is cool. its across from strike which is a heavily over priced bowling alley. but monday night they have unlimited bowling (15 bucks?).

but sunnyvale is cool because it is in the middle of everything like nokio said.

and i believe you are right next to the peacock lounge. nice little dive.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by papakiet
fibbar magees is pretty cool. molly magees in mountain view is cool too.. thats where people go after the mvkk meets. I didn't even know there was a brit in sunnyvale. I know they have one in cupertino. (which I don't like due to all the high school alumni hang out there) amc 16 is cool. its across from strike which is a heavily over priced bowling alley. but monday night they have unlimited bowling (15 bucks?).

but sunnyvale is cool because it is in the middle of everything like nokio said.

and i believe you are right next to the peacock lounge. nice little dive.
Google Maps says..... you sir are correct.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM
08.11.84 - 02.14.10

Car Info: a center diff that is going...
there is the duke on wednesdays. go look at the meets section. great little pub and awesome bartender.

Quick Reply: Adios Monterey, Herro Sunnyvale