Adios iPhone... Hello Droid? FREE Google Maps Turn-by-Turn Mobile App

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
thats too bad, i have had verizon for about 8 years now and never once have they even shown a meager bit of bad customer service. They always go way beyond what they need ot do for their customers, but every tree has its bad apple.

my wife cant stand att anymore, she switched over becuase of att customer service and she says verizon is miles in front of the rest best i have friends that woudnt drop att ever.

so to each their own
Yeah they have shown me no room for service; long story short I had some deadbeat on my phone plan and she bailed on me so now I'm stuck with her ****ing contract and termination fee.

Reception has never been a problem; internet has always been slow but I've never had a 3G or WiFi phone with them, so we shall see...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ive had verizon for about 5 or 6 years now and love it
Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
I had Verizon for over 10 years. Almost never had issues. They almost always took care of me. When my whole Big D was going down I decided to get an iPhone. AT&T has also given me no troubles at all and has been very helpful.

The one big thing I hated about Verizon is having a cool phone with most of the stuff you'd want (bluetooth for sharing, easily changing ringtones without buying from Verizon, etc) completely crippled.

All the companies have their downfalls. Just have to find what works best for you.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Unit 91
I had Verizon for over 10 years. Almost never had issues. They almost always took care of me. When my whole Big D was going down I decided to get an iPhone. AT&T has also given me no troubles at all and has been very helpful.

The one big thing I hated about Verizon is having a cool phone with most of the stuff you'd want (bluetooth for sharing, easily changing ringtones without buying from Verizon, etc) completely crippled.

All the companies have their downfalls. Just have to find what works best for you.
There are some easy ways to get around all that. And dont break anytype of warranty either
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
There are some easy ways to get around all that. And dont break anytype of warranty either
Yeah, I don't really feel like I should have to do that. I want something that works for me out of the box without having to play stupid games. I'm happy with the iPhone and AT&T.

Eh.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Churro Aficionado

understandable
Old 10-30-2009, 12:50 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
so i went into verizon today and they said they could give me my new ever 2 a month early. SUPER STOKED!

and the dude i spoke to said we can just put the phones on our bill we dont even have to pay up front

I am gonna be big baller on Nov 6.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 02wrx
i have a iphone and i luv it. im pretty sure the droid is gonna be sick. but apple will come out with a new iphone thats even better. then verizon will one up that. its just a business. these companies know people will buy the phones no matter what. people were crazy for the original iphone. then went nuts for the 3g. and crazier for the 3gs. whats next
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Anyone know what the monthly fee might be with this phone? I just have a super basic phone, with a super basic cheap plan. Do I need some "data" plan that would cost me an extra 50 bucks?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by blue blurr
Anyone know what the monthly fee might be with this phone? I just have a super basic phone, with a super basic cheap plan. Do I need some "data" plan that would cost me an extra 50 bucks?
you would need a data plan. I just upgraded to a Blackberry and had to upgrade my plan for the BB to work.

There are diff types of data plans depending on how much you use the phone, the one I got was teh unlimited plan (always connected) and i think it was $29.99 a month. Only $10 more than the one I had. But its been well wortth it and have no regrets
Old 10-30-2009, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
Originally Posted by blue blurr
I think Verizon's smartphone plans start @ 79.99/monf
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by vik682
I think Verizon's smartphone plans start @ 79.99/monf
so i went back to verizon today to inquire about the fine print crap.

it does need a data plan but the data plan is gonna be unlimited for this phone for 29.99 a month and you need just a basic talk plan that starts at 39.99.

i use like 15 minutes a months and all of that is checkng my voicemail.

AND THAT IS MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH VERIZON

hwo do you charge minutes for someone checking their vmail. i just dont get it.

i can call all of my family, wife, friends all who have verizon and i use 0 minutes. and then i get 10 people out of network to call and not get charged any minutes. literally the only mins i use every month are vmail charges.

anyway, if you gusy want one you can go to yrou local verizon and hold one for yourself for $20.

or you can do the same if you call the *611. if you really want it but cant afford it when you go in to renew your contract if you are up for it they can bill you the cost of the phone and it will just show up on your next months bill

and if you are good and wheelin and dealin you can even get them to give you an instant rebate if you say these words " i was thinkin about switching over to att because the iphone is cheaper, anyway you can get me the rebate as an instant rebate, instead of me sending it in".

i have found if you are actually out of contract with them they will bend over backwards to get you to resign, and that usually ends up in instant rebate at the store vs mailing that **** in.

hope this helps those phone addicts out there
Old 10-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Churro Aficionado

Ya I dont like the whole vmail message minutes.. very minor thing for me
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
have you downloaded it yet? Do you know the name?

Im sure if i did that for her she would be happy as hell haha
My friend downloaded it, I will ask him and get back to you. Are you familiar with how to install homebrew apps?
This is a good resource for pre stuff: www.precentral.net (in case you were not already aware of it)
Old 10-31-2009, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 03 Evo 8
jailbroken iphone 3gs ftw

Quick Reply: Adios iPhone... Hello Droid? FREE Google Maps Turn-by-Turn Mobile App