08 Impreza test car needed! FREE SPRINGS....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
Lightbulb 08 Impreza test car needed! FREE SPRINGS....

We're (Crucial Racing) looking to borrow an 08 Impreza (WRX or STI) for a couple of days. I'll need to drive it to the LA area where our German spring manufacturer has a US office. They will install the springs and make sure everything is 100%. If it is, we'll be moving forward with producing Crucial Racing Sport Springs for the 08+ cars and you will get to keep this set (and your stock ones, of course). If any changes are necessary, you will get to keep a set of the final version.

Basically I'll leave one day and come back the next. Not sure yet if I'll leave super early, do the springs the 1st day, stay in a crappy motel and drive back the next day, or do the springs early the 2nd day and drive back. *MAYBE* it can be done in a single day but probably not.

Yes, we could probably find a car in the LA area but I'd like it to be a Bay Area local car so we can follow up and I also want the chance to put a few miles on it to determine if any final tweaks might improve the springs.

If you're not familiar, our 04-07 Sport Springs have been REALLY popular and extremely well-received. They literally have 100% positive feedback from a couple of hundred very, very happy customers . Hopefully these 08 springs will live up to them!

Please e-mail me at CrucialRacing [at] Gmail.com!!! BTW -- if you'd like us to change the oil/filter after the drive or anything else like that, as I realize going to LA and back means putting a few miles on the thing, we're happy to do it. I can even handle driving a car covered in blue painters tape

Jeremy

Pics of cars w/ the 04-07 springs:

Forester XT:

Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
good deal. another hook up by jeremy.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Sent you an E-mail
Old 02-11-2008, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
That looks like Bay Bridge Motors where the Forrester XT is sitting.. right?
Old 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
That's by the J man's shop
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ballz
That looks like Bay Bridge Motors where the Forrester XT is sitting.. right?
Nope. That's actually Molinari Salame's garage where they keep the delivery trucks.

Good salame!!! ...nice guys, too... I usually walk across the street for a couple Peronis w/ the delivery drivers on Fridays after they're done

Jeremy
Old 02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
bump for Jeremy

long time no see man
Old 02-11-2008, 10:15 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
those springs really lower the car very nice. can i buy them for my 07 WRX? what is the cost?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
those springs really lower the car very nice. can i buy them for my 07 WRX? what is the cost?
I'm not a vendor on here so I don't want to cross any lines where it might seem like I'm trying to sell. I'll just answer by saying that we ran out and the next run is finishing up production in Germany and will be on its way here very soon. We're starting to take pre-orders (at a discount) and you might be able to find information on what that involves on WRXFanatics or the large I-Club competitor that shall go unnamed

Just for the record, while I (and our customers) are quite happy with the drop of these springs, the drop was really secondary to the performance. They're not designed to create a perfectly even wheel well gap front and rear, as, in our opinion, that rakes the chassis too much and negatively affects handling. They lower enough to drop the center of gravity in a way that does help handling, but not enough to change suspension geometry, which causes odd handling under cornering and braking, like a lot of the springs out there do. They offer a shockingly good ride, especially considering a level of performance which is good enough to keep many of our customers at the top levels of competition in various race types & classes against much more heavily-modified cars running extremely expensive coilovers. We have a few customers regularly placing 1st in auto-x classes where they're pitted against STI's with wider tires and coilovers, customers placing at the top in road race series, customers kicking *** on the drag strip (DownSTI, for one ), and even crazy customers who think they're great springs for rally cross.... so from a daily driver that sees the occasional romp through the twisties to a car that's regularly on the track (even one competing on the track), they seem to really hold their own and we're really, really happy with them. I only hope that the '08 springs can come close!

Jeremy
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 AM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
do you have a website or link i can learn more about them?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
do you have a website or link i can learn more about them?
http://www.crucialracing.com/products/springs.php
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Just FYI we've found a car. Thanks guys!!! We'll be making the trip during the 1st week of March and if all is well, we'll have 08 Impreza springs 10 weeks from then

Jeremy