@#$^(*%$%^$#&@# you!! To the &%$#@!@#$%*& that stole my board at Bear Valley!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
@#$^(*%$%^$#&@# you!! To the &%$#@!@#$%*& that stole my board at Bear Valley!!!

Had to get this out since I'm still really pissed about it. Went up to Bear Valley yesterday and had a great day of boarding (first time since I was about 5 and had this all plastic setup haha). BV closes at 4pm and it was about 3:30pm and I decided to call it a day plus I had to pee like a ****. I clean off my board and slide it into one of the slots on the racks and proceed to the bathroom 100ft away. 3mins later I'm back to find an empty spot where my board was Searched everywhere and everyone that had a board and even waited for everyone to come down slopes to see if anyone had grabbed it "accidentally". Saw a couple other people out there with GNU boards but no one had anything close to mine. Really really loved the setup I had and it felt really good, especially for being a first timer. An absolutely crushing way to end a day of snowboarding, especially since I don't work so replacing it with something as nice probably won't be happening. Here's to hoping my dad's insurance covers it...

Just had to get that rant out of me, was suppose to go up to North Star with my gf's brother on Monday but not so sure that's happening now. Plus my dad was told by someone at BV that they're suppose to get 5-12ft of snow starting Sunday to mid-week. Not sure if I want to get caught in that for the drive there and back.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Yikes, that hella sucks.. Sorry to hear about it
Old 01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Weak Sauce! Hopefully Karma comes back to bite the person that stole your board and really hope that the insurance will cover you.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sucks man, REALLY sucks.

Happened to me once when surfing... It took me a long time to find a surfboard that fit me well since I'm so tall and still ride short boards, so it's a little tricky to find a long enough short board for me to surf on (or one that will even float me!). It would be easy to find a long board, but I liked shredding and short boarding is what I loved.

One day I came in from a session, left my board on the beach along with my towel, and other belongings (shoes, etc) as I ran up to the parking lot in my wet suit to grab something from my car. I was gone for less then 5 mins only to come back and find that my board had been stolen. I thought someone was screwing with me since the beach wasn't that crowded or anything... Waited for an hour or so for someone to return it, and searched everywhere since my board was so distinctive... I even had my surf buddies search the groups of surfers that were already out to see if anyone "borrowed" my board, but no one out there had it either. After about 2 hours, I accepted the fact that my board was gone.

I was so crushed and had that sick feeling in my stomach... I felt so helpless and almost as if I had been raped or something. It was awful.

You have no idea how long it took me to find the said board... I got it in Hawaii from a small business shaper who pretty much made the damn thing FOR ME. It was shipped out to my address after about a month of purchasing it (I got to try out a board similar to it that was at his shop, and had him change a couple things and duplicate the overall design). Everything was custom made for me and someone just took that away from me.

I've been pissed off every since... I'm pissed off right now just thinking about it!

So trust me, I know how you feel. I hope whoever stole our boards dies in some horrible way, like in a car accident where they rear end a tanker that is filled with bleach, get impaled by a large piece of metal, and breaching the tank and allowing bleach to flood their car and cover all their wounds! Have them die a few hours later in a bleach induced pain-coma.

Gaaaaaaaaaar, I'm mad after reading this thread. How can you just steal someone's things like that?! Especially stealing something like that, something so personal and cherished by someone... It's not like stealing a candy bar from a store, it's stealing someone's pride and joy.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Sorry to hear man. That sucks. I've seen some dude take two boards, run out to a pick up truck with his buddy waiting, and race out of the parking lot at boreal. You should consider a lock (or a leash lock) on your next setup. It won't help if someone really wants to take your board but it'll make them think twice since it will take them a little longer.

If you're still trying to hit up Northstar on Monday, I might have a spare board you can borrow (no bindings though). Its an old Rossignol 149 board. Just let me know
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
yea that happens all the time dude. sucks man and sorry to hear!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Thanks everyone, been looking on CL to see if it pops up but nothing yet. Still can't believe it happened. When I was walking out of the bathroom I was even thinking "Someone stole my board, I just know it." and BAM! walk out and its gone. Everyone I was with was telling me "Its safe to leave it on the rack, no one will steal it" and I would tell them "Yeah right, I don't trust these ****ers" and sure enough I take a chance once and its gone.

Just in case anyone happens to come across it (assuming its not that likely but hey anything is possible) its a GNU Altered Genetics 155 board with K2 Cinche CTS bindings in Black (Large).

Like you said brucelee, can't believe people do these kinds of things.

robie1208, definitely getting a lock/system for my next setup. Teased my gf that with my next setup I'll be using one of those fat chains with a couple padlocks. Don't think I'll go that intense but I'm definitely going to pick up something that is going to keep it secure when I'm away from it. If not, I'll duck tape that ***** to my back. Appreciate the offer to use your old board, just might have to take you up on that. My brother let me borrow his board but its a Joyride board (never heard of it so doubt its any good) but has some Drake bindings. Going to see how the weather plays out first though.

Besides the end of the day, the rest of the day was great. Snow was great, no lines for the lifts and would say there were probably about 200 people there at the most. First time out there and fell a few times in the beginning but after getting some tips and corrections from my gf and dad, did really well after.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
don't ever leave your board unattended! have someone watch it ALL the time. its just way too easy for people to jack your stuff.

i had a similar story but it was with a car being stolen lol. that sucked REALLLLLY bad.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:39 PM

lame never worried about tihs at kirkwood. Left my clothing too in trees and **** its always there when I get back.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
don't ever leave your board unattended! have someone watch it ALL the time. its just way too easy for people to jack your stuff.

i had a similar story but it was with a car being stolen lol. that sucked REALLLLLY bad.
WOW! Someone stole your car at a resort ?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
Keep checking craigslist. I know a dumb *** who stole a board, and tried to sell it on craigslist. The original owner eventually found the post on craigslist and got his board back.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 aspen white wrx 2011 lr sti hatch
yeah just keep checkin craigs...karma will get him, he will take it out for a run and break his leg...sucks hearing about stuff like this.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
That really sucks man, I always worry about that happening to me cause I ride alone most of the time (no friends). There are alot of shady people out there, and I hope whoever stole your board gets some bad carma.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Had to get this out since I'm still really pissed about it. Went up to Bear Valley yesterday and had a great day of boarding (first time since I was about 5 and had this all plastic setup haha). BV closes at 4pm and it was about 3:30pm and I decided to call it a day plus I had to pee like a ****. I clean off my board and slide it into one of the slots on the racks and proceed to the bathroom 100ft away. 3mins later I'm back to find an empty spot where my board was Searched everywhere and everyone that had a board and even waited for everyone to come down slopes to see if anyone had grabbed it "accidentally". Saw a couple other people out there with GNU boards but no one had anything close to mine. Really really loved the setup I had and it felt really good, especially for being a first timer. An absolutely crushing way to end a day of snowboarding, especially since I don't work so replacing it with something as nice probably won't be happening. Here's to hoping my dad's insurance covers it...

Just had to get that rant out of me, was suppose to go up to North Star with my gf's brother on Monday but not so sure that's happening now. Plus my dad was told by someone at BV that they're suppose to get 5-12ft of snow starting Sunday to mid-week. Not sure if I want to get caught in that for the drive there and back.
Oh ****, thats ****ed up Aaron. Karma's gonna kick them in the *** for sure
Old 01-16-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I've had a season pass to Bear and been riding there for the last 3-4 years and haven't had a problem like that yet. Last year I left my board out there for about 30 minutes while I had me a couple beers in the bar. I do have a lock and I used to use it when I was at Kirkwood all the time. It sucks that we have to go so far to protect our stuff out there.

Quick Reply: @#$^(*%$%^$#&@# you!! To the &%$#@!@#$%*& that stole my board at Bear Valley!!!