Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

Check out this 2.5 rs downpipe/uppipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:12 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe
Nice how much for the piping? Is the turbo in the same place as it would be in the wrx? So that all you would need to complete the piping would be a wrx intercooler and piping for it. Does this also mean that you will need to modify the catback, because the downpipe seems to extend further than the stock rs cat.

Last edited by Ayanamieve; 03-31-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe
I have a 98 RS. If I was piecing a turbo kit using this up pipe and downpipe, and the stock wrx turbo, intercooler and piping, new fuel pump, injectors, RRFPR, limit the boost to 5-6 psi, what would I need to do for the MAF? This solution for a turbo does seem to be the cheapest. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Ayanamieve; 04-05-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Originally posted by Ayanamieve
I have a 98 RS. If I was piecing a turbo kit using this up pipe and downpipe, and the stock wrx turbo, intercooler and piping, new fuel pump, injectors, RRFPR, limit the boost to 5-6 psi, what would I need to do for the MAF? This solution for a turbo does seem to be the cheapest. Thanks a lot.
You would just need a MAF adapter, similar to what kartboy sells (I think). You would of course have some sort of custom intake pipe that connects to the turbo, then connect your MAF to the other end of the intake pipe. The other side of the MAF would then have a MAF adapter bolted to it, and finally you would bolt your air filter to the MAF adapter. So basically you keep the MAF and have it inline with all of your intake stuff, and get rid of the rest of the stock intake crap.

turbo->intake pipe->MAF->MAF adapter->air filter.

This is what most kits do at least.

The downpipe looks damn good

jonathan
Old 05-03-2004, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 Legacy GT Turbo
You guys should all check out Unique Motorsports. They make an uppipe and downpipe for the TD04 WRX turbo AND for the RHB5 legacy turbo. You can find them here.

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com

A lot of useful information too.