Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

06-07 2.5i Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Back to the topic... lol.

If you give Sean at Rallitek a call, he will answer you.

It should fit the same as any other NA subaru... The only difference would be the mounting of the top mount, you need to make sure that your throttle body is not too low to where the TMIC would hit your transmission or heater lines...

I can give you Sean's number if you want to call him, just PM me.
Good luck!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
and again...You know I probably doubt the 2006+ 2.5i can be turboed safely. The 10.0 compression ratio might be a bit high to do it safely, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 8.7-9.2 about where you'd want to have the compression ratio to turbo safely. I guess if you have the money, you could just get lower compression ratio pistons. funny. oh and PS the RS's have a lower compression ratio than the i's.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:34 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
The bigger problem with the 2.5i being turboed is the open deck design... its not as strong as the closed deck design... believe me im a 2.5i owner who wants boost.... have been thinking of just picking up a stock wrx turbo and the goodies to make it work.... but dont want to blow my engine.... am looking for a totaled wrx so i can just purchase the engine... but that seems to be hard to find so far...i wouldnt discourage anyone from doing the turbo someone has to be the guinea pig lol.... but here in nj even at 27 the insurance on wrx makes the purchase prohibitively expensive and yes i have no points and no tickets..... if you do boost let me know how that goes man!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5i
I've only heard people say that it's not worth it. I looked around a lot hoping to find somebody who made something work. A close friend of mine is a mechanic, and my neighbor has been working on cars (though not necessarily subarus) for 40+ years. Hell we even have our own car lift in my garage. So I was hoping to find somebody who fabricated something together that I could use as a guide, but my search just finds people saying that its too costly to make worth it. I think I saw a post in the NA section that estimated the cost at ~10k.

As an alternative, there was a post in the NA section where somebody got their 06 to put out STi numbers through piston work, cams and tuning. I don't recall the details off the top of my head, but it was a wicked looking curve. I think I'm going to work towards a similar setup.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Car Info: WRX wagon 2006
I'm not sure if you want to go turbo your 2.5i. Just go with a air filter and muffler change. The amount your burning money switching to turbo because you don't want to switch to a WRX because of the higher insurance doesnt make sense at all. This project sounds like a $4,000 project.