Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Thoughts on upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi
Thoughts on upgrades

So my '07 STi has about 70k on it now (bought it last summer with 58k). I commute from San Jose to Sacramento a few times a month, and 30 mins there/back to work everyday.

I've been thinking about whether or not to do these upgrades I've been wanting (18g turbo, injectors, fuel pump, pro tune) -- but my question is (and it may be dumb/obvious) - who has STI's here that is running them with much higher than stock power, with over 100k miles, etc? Because I will definitely be hitting that mileage in no time, and I kind of want reassurance the car will keep lasting.

Anyways, any input appreciated.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
leakdown test and oil analysis sounds like a good place to start. I would say talk to whoever is going to tune the car and ask this question. Not sure of the 07 sti specific problems though. Oil pickup or something like that.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by queeg9k
leakdown test and oil analysis sounds like a good place to start. I would say talk to whoever is going to tune the car and ask this question. Not sure of the 07 sti specific problems though. Oil pickup or something like that.
^this..

the mods you are looking to do are great upgrades! lot of people run the set up on the daily. heck i used to do that for over 40k miles and just ended up selling it because i decided to get something different. Other than that.. it was fast, reliable, and safe.. just make sure you get that protune and you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more. some some bookshelf cobb ap map.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi
Originally Posted by mistaanime
^this..

the mods you are looking to do are great upgrades! lot of people run the set up on the daily. heck i used to do that for over 40k miles and just ended up selling it because i decided to get something different. Other than that.. it was fast, reliable, and safe.. just make sure you get that protune and you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more. some some bookshelf cobb ap map.
Thanks for the infos. Everything I've been hearing says it should stay reliable for a long time given I handle simple maintenance.