Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Paying sticker for an 05?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX
Question Paying sticker for an 05?

I plan on financing through Subaru since I qualified Tier 1 and get a better rate than through my credit union. Can I setup automatic withdrawal for the monthly payment? I'm just too used to the ease of handling payments for things over the internet.

The car has premium package and short throw shifter as the only options. Sticker on it is 27,215. With 815 for my tradein and 5,000 down I'm looking at 23,624 OTD financed. The monthly payment that got calculated out is within my acceptable range, but who wouldn't like to get it lower? Would it be best to try and sell my current car privately since that is one less variable they can mess with? Are they being unreasonable by not budging from the MSRP? This is my first new car and first subaru that I will own. The dealer is Rocky Mountain Subaru in Grand Junction Colorado. They are a pretty small dealer and if I could get even as little as $500 knocked off by going to a larger dealer in Denver I would purchase it there.
Thank you for your insight.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 05 Black w/ Gold STi
go to edmunds.com ASAP. find out the invoice price of the car you are looking at. tell them you will pay invoice, and nothing more. if they are selling you the car for MSRP they are getting WAY more $$$ from you then they should. read some of the other messages on this board to see what people are paying they are paying 22k-24k for a WRX with the options you listed.

you should also check out some of the information on buying a new car on edmunds.com. it can really help. there are no 05s out there that you should be paying more than invoice for. even the 05 STi. (well ok with the STi i might go a hundred or so over invoice but that's it.) YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN BE THINKING ABOUT PAYING MSRP!

also don't get caught up in the payment. first focus on the price of the car. then work out the payments. and make sure they don't try to sign you up for something like a 6 year loan. one dealership tried that on me, i laughed my *** off as i walked out the door.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
you can get a better deal. as for me i will sell a 05 full sticker if its an STi, and only if we have 04's still on our lot. kbb.com is also a good resource. they will give you a new car blue book value .

call me at 808-387-5647 and i'll give u some help. or if not i can call u. i get free long distance. research your area to see what the local delerships are selling 05's for also...

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 09-07-2004, 10:58 AM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by Detritus
The car has premium package and short throw shifter as the only options. Sticker on it is 27,215.
Geez! I hope you're talking about an STi here .... no way a regular WRX is worth this much brand new ...