summer is just around the corner..jobs anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
summer is just around the corner..jobs anyone?

so how many of u are students trying to find a job in the summer? we can help each other out. or i just want help, lol. ryan, winding road suggested i ask up here just cuz there are so many cool and knowledgable people. i really want to find a job this summer and i was wondering if any of you can help me? im 17 years old going to lowell high school, and male and if u guys have friends or know anyone hiring, give me a pm or what not. and for those who are in my situation, this thing called enterprise or myeep is alright i guess..they help you find jobs. just today i went to pick up an application for myeep..its a low income thing..so..i dont know if that applies to any of you. i filled out this application, emailed enterprise if they still have job oppoturnities..cuz i JSUT found out about it..silly friends are so selfish, and theres a job fair at my school and im making a resume and copying them so i can give them out. but thats only 3 chances to find something, and they arent too high, so...any help woul dbe GREAT. and i really want a summer job because ive had my license for 7 months, and i lvoe teh wrx or the 2.5rs..or any impreza for that matter, and just really want to get one. and yeah..im young and i probably shouldnt dream about getting such a nice car, but i just cant settle for a civic or integra..i dont have any respect for them..i hate them, so if i do make around 8,000 which wont be happening, ill look into a 98 2.5 RS or..something impreza/subaru..i love them too much. ok well thanks for everyonest ime in reading such a long post. =D

sorry about all the typos..i type faster than i think
Old 05-10-2004, 07:06 PM

Car Info: '12 STI
I'll take a job doing anything for money if somebody wants to put me to work.

I can do ANYTHING computer related except for coding which I can also do, but not professionally.

Last edited by ubercaff; 05-10-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:06 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
what kind of job are you looking for? have any experience in anything or any previous jobs?

there is always retail, just go to the mall and start filling out applications, same goes for restaurants as a busser or host. or try in-n-out, they pay well off the bat.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:22 PM

i have no previous experience in an actual job..my daddy run a restauarnt sort of..and i sometimes wash dishes or help bus tables, other than that..no, and i also worked at a front desk at the hospital..but that was volunteer work..so thats it. yeah im llooking for in and out..when job fair comes around i thikn they have people representing, but then..in=out is pretty fair away..and it would only be reasonable to work there if i drove...but then the point of a job for me is to work for a car..so..its weird.

*edit*

oh and thanks for the suggestions, my friends did that..last summer..going to mall and filling out applications..and most of htem were 18+ or in college now..and most retails are 18+ so..kinda hard for me..they told me its hella hard cuz so many people apply...
Old 05-10-2004, 07:26 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
any local golf courses near you? I started working at spring valley last year when i was 17. I just wash golf carts and help with the range, easy job and i get free golf.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
done got one lined up already gluck
Old 05-10-2004, 07:45 PM

thanks a lot dan! there is a course really close to my school...lake merced..not sure what their situation is..but im gonna go check it out for sure. and the other one..olypmic club..i saw onthe map its close to merced golf course but not sure if its still there or what..just wish it was like tennis..lol cuz golf just isnt my thing...but tennis sure is, but thanks ..im gonna go check..its hella hard finidng stuff when u dont have a car and u have to walk and bus eeverywhere to find one! cuzi m ..well..pretty lazy...like..not that lazy buts till..ok. thank you.

*edit*

yes i just emailed a golf club...*crosses figures* hope some rich guy in love with cars feel for me and hook me up, lol.

Last edited by BoxerRumble; 05-10-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Aln

Car Info: 2004 Impreza 2.5RS
Safeway gives decent wages to courtesy clerks (bagging, carts, and b*tch work). you get 8.39 and hour and on sundays $12.57. If you were 18 you can apply to be a checker. they get about $18 and hour on all days and sundays about $25.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX "Bling Bling" Silver
Originally Posted by Aln
Safeway gives decent wages to courtesy clerks (bagging, carts, and b*tch work). you get 8.39 and hour and on sundays $12.57. If you were 18 you can apply to be a checker. they get about $18 and hour on all days and sundays about $25.

only bad thing about working for safeway is that you have to pay union fee's. So in reality you are sort of getting payed less.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Aln

Car Info: 2004 Impreza 2.5RS
i guess that's true, but that comes with its benefits too. You get discount tickets to cool places or baseball games, and if you don't plan on working there too long you never have to join the union.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 PM

well, safeway is another good option, except i know iw ont enjoy..and grow to even hate that job, but thank you so much for the suggestion. and yeah, unions..lol i just want the $$ =DD (dont tell the employers that) no i dont just want money though,i want some experience too...that will help me in life, cuz bagging sure wont. and man...the wrx is the only thing running the urge to find me a job! that and..so i wont waste my summer.

keep em coming, the golf course thing was a great idea..and i jsut emailed some place, safeway...well..also i just remember..my friend worked there before, he said..its not too good..lol, so yeah, and retail...mostly 18+, but ill thkn about that.

thanks again for everyone's response.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Originally Posted by dorifto88
done got one lined up already gluck
Where at the fudge packing factory?
Get online or call me tonight thx.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey Mike, you're a good looking kid -- get a trendy haircut, designer threads and sunglasses, and manwhore yourself out to some old Taiwanese lady. She'll hook ya up nice n gooooooood!

Actually... you could always try a paper route
Old 05-10-2004, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Hey Mike, you're a good looking kid -- get a trendy haircut, designer threads and sunglasses, and manwhore yourself out to some old Taiwanese lady. She'll hook ya up nice n gooooooood!

Actually... you could always try a paper route

who me??!??!??!?
i dont have designer threads, well...unless you look back like 20 years, cause them no rules t shirts rocked back in the day
Old 05-10-2004, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NZO
Where at the fudge packing factory?
Get online or call me tonight thx.

my friend's parents own their own business, and since my friend will be in boot camp for a few more weeks... basically i sit on my *** and every now and then i move batteries.
i cant get on aim tongiht, trying to get some work done.

Quick Reply: summer is just around the corner..jobs anyone?