Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

STi in house for measurements

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon White
STi in house for measurements

Just saw the new STi for the first time. We got one in for measurements and wow, this thing's for real. I didn't get to see it up on the rack, but fender clearances appear similar to the regular WRX. The 225 width tires fill the wells nicely, and a 235 will work as well. The question is: will a 245 fit without modification. We should know soon.

An obvious issue with wheels, upon inspection, is the front brake. They're quite large - and there's only about 3 or 4mm of clearance between it and the wheel. They look wonderful, but will make for a tough wheel fit.

Other neat things were the gauges and adjustable headlights - both quite unique features. The intercooler water spray was also cool - it's mounted on the hood underneath the scoop. Another thing - this thing really doesn't have a radio. They weren't kidding.

Keep an eye on the website for updates soon on wheel fitments.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:32 AM

Estimated date of wheel fitment info - next Tuesday. Currently crunching numbers... Thanks for your persistance - we're on the case. You can give me a call Tuesday if you wish - the info will take a few extra days to make it to the website.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:29 AM

Still on hold, sorry about the delay. They are going to call me once they have them figured out.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:46 PM

Spoke to the wheel guys today, still computing. I'll keep you posted... Sorry about the delay - it's very important to us to get this right.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:57 PM

I'll take "slooooooow" any day over inaccurate, hasty, or poorly-researched. We're running into unanticipated delays - can't guarantee any dates. I'll post when they're ready - should be any day now.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:44 PM

Alright - sorry about the continued delays. We've had a personnel/responsibility change in the wheel dept. that has set things back a bit. The most recent estimate I've gotten is early next week for the fitments. Thanks for your patience Rafal and Evildee - I check about three times a day to see if they're ready yet so I'll post it the minute I get it.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 3/4 ton Cevy Suburban, 1997 Integra Type-R, 2004 WRX-STI
Would that be Tuesday the 24 of June?
Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 3/4 ton Cevy Suburban, 1997 Integra Type-R, 2004 WRX-STI
It's wednesday now.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
I hope you guys realize that it is not as easy as you guys think. If you guys have every paid close attention to the calipers. The wheels that will clear those calipers need to have the right amount of portrusion(sp) from the center of the hub because that is the hardest part right now. There are very few wheels that have the necessary clearance. I know there are a few wheels out there that will clear it because I have seen them installed on cars with the STi Brembos.

Quick Reply: STi in house for measurements