Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Zero Sports or Tein Flex?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 2004 Wrx
Question Zero Sports or Tein Flex?

Well that is the question now isnt it. On one hand i have the Unlimited adjustability of the Teins and there have been nothing but good reviews on them. BUt on the flip side these are Zero Sports Winning S coilovers. The cool factor of Zero Sports alone would be worth then and i have a feeling that ZS has an idea of how Subaru's function. So what do you guys think? Has anyone heard anything about how the ZS coilovers are? Id really appreciate some feed back. Thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
The Zerosports Winning S look very similiar to the Cusco ones... you know, seems like a lot of these "high end" brands like Zerosports, Prova, Syms are just using other coilover manufacturers, change a little bit (spring rate might be different) and call it their own creation. I, personally, don't think it's worth the price. I got the Tein Flex and I'm loving it.
But if you're buying the Winning S for bling factor (plus you got the cash) then by all means...
Old 09-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: GC,GF,GD,GR,GH
As far as what coilovers to go with, one thing you need to look at is what you are going to use the coilovers for, is it a daily driver, or do you want more of a race coil setup? The flex are very nice for daily driving, but they are not the best full race setup. One nice feature about them is if/when you need to have them rebuilt, Tein here in the U.S. has a rebuild facility, and can do them inland. Zerosports does not have any representation here in the u.s. so all repairs must be sent overseas. I personally havn't ever heard anything about the coilovers, but from seeing thier other parts that they make you know it has to be pretty descent. I think for the money you could spend on a set of Zerosports, you could get yourself a set of Full Race Tein's or Cusco's. That's my .02

Nick
RallySport Direct
Old 09-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Zero Sports coilovers are basically rebranded Zeal's. I had them on my car before. Nice but expensive. CUSCO Zero-2's with 10/8 springs is my choice.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Well to be completely honest I can get the Zero Sports for right around the price of Teins and actually a little cheaper if i get the EDFC so it wouldnt be a huge cost. I just figured that the Zero Sports are made by a company that only works on subies so it may be a very good match to my car. Ill figure it out soon enough though. Thanks for the feed back guys
Old 09-30-2005, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2008 lamborghini murcielago lp640 reventon
If Zerosport is infact rebranded Zeals. Endless/Zeal USA might be able to do rebuilds/service on them.
Or you could wait a few weeks for Helix RNA, yet another set of rebadged Zeals.

BTW Alex if you are still reading this thread, any idea how much would a spare set of springs for Zero2 cost?
Old 09-30-2005, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Black WRX STI
I have the Tein Flex with EDFC on my 05 STI. I really enjoy them. While they are not a full race set up, they are very stiff! Much stiffer than stock, honestly I would not want to go any stiffer for a daily driver. Mind you I have also gone with adjustable sway bars and end links. This has also increased stiffness but also created a neutral handling car. I believe this is a great set up because it lowers the center of gravity and eliminates the push that is in a stock STI.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I am rusty, but I think the springs are 60-80 per pair.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 PM

Hey alex, what were your likes and dislikes of the Zero Sports coilovers when you had them? What made you switch to the cusco's?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 2008 lamborghini murcielago lp640 reventon
Originally Posted by Smooth_Ej20
What made you switch to the cusco's?
lmao, thats funny
Old 10-26-2005, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
Their is also the new TANABE SEVEN w/ TEAS controller. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/SEVEN.asp
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/teas.asp