you would
Old 12-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Enjoys his Ponies

Car Info: 2014 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Old 12-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
how did they get the previous test version?
Not entirely sure. Probably a careless instructor gave them back after they graded it when they weren't supposed to.

Originally Posted by The Law
It isn't hard to get a previous test version. During my time at sac state, I had a lot of previous keys of the test from my buddies. I would assume some comes from graduate assistants who has a friend in that teacher's class but different time when he helps out so he's willing to get the guy the answers. That's just my take on it.
Funny thing is, there is no KEY per se because the values are set up each semester prior to the exam. The exam itself doesn't change so there's that, but the student still has to know how to do the activities they're asked to do.

It just baffles me why a student, who was doing well in the class, would do this. Just outside the lab. In full view of anyone walking by.

Anywho, no longer my problem.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Call me Pebbles

Originally Posted by TheLegend
Old 12-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
Not entirely sure. Probably a careless instructor gave them back after they graded it when they weren't supposed to.

Funny thing is, there is no KEY per se because the values are set up each semester prior to the exam. The exam itself doesn't change so there's that, but the student still has to know how to do the activities they're asked to do.

It just baffles me why a student, who was doing well in the class, would do this. Just outside the lab. In full view of anyone walking by.

Anywho, no longer my problem.
Then again I'm an accounting major so most of the exams are almost all the same from year to year and the professors don't change much and even the numbers are normally the same from most semesters. Yeah, you still need to know how to problem solve if the numbers are changed, unless the professor never changed the numbers from any of the other semesters.

Was the student reading everything out loud? How did you catch that they had the answer key? Cause I mean I would look at a person who was studying but wouldn't think twice about what they were looking at on a sheet of paper.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered Mustachio

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
I'm supposed to be driving to work right when the storm is strongest tomorrow... Hope I can make it
Old 12-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
^ehhh not fun

Originally Posted by TheLegend
for reals.... zomg hi2U
Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Call me Pebbles

Then again I'm an accounting major so most of the exams are almost all the same from year to year and the professors don't change much and even the numbers are normally the same from most semesters. Yeah, you still need to know how to problem solve if the numbers are changed, unless the professor never changed the numbers from any of the other semesters.

Was the student reading everything out loud? How did you catch that they had the answer key? Cause I mean I would look at a person who was studying but wouldn't think twice about what they were looking at on a sheet of paper.
They didn't have an answer key. There is no real key because the equipment values are set before the students take the test. They had a copy of the test itself. The tests are (supposed to be) kept under lock and key by each instructor. The instructor gives the exam to the student when they come into the lab, the student takes the exam, returns the exam to the instructor, the instructor grades it, shows/tells the student their score and then the instructor keeps the exam. So, a student shouldn't have a copy outside the lab unless they stole it from an instructor.

It didn't help that they were sitting right outside the door with it with the other instructors and lab techs, who know what the test paper looks like, walking by. It was a technician who saw it and told me. When confronted, the student admitted to having it.

I know students cheat. Everyone cheats. This student's mistakes were doing out in the open and getting caught.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
lesson of the story.. cheat better
Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

They didn't have an answer key. There is no real key because the equipment values are set before the students take the test. They had a copy of the test itself. The tests are (supposed to be) kept under lock and key by each instructor. The instructor gives the exam to the student when they come into the lab, the student takes the exam, returns the exam to the instructor, the instructor grades it, shows/tells the student their score and then the instructor keeps the exam. So, a student shouldn't have a copy outside the lab unless they stole it from an instructor.

It didn't help that they were sitting right outside the door with it with the other instructors and lab techs, who know what the test paper looks like, walking by. It was a technician who saw it and told me. When confronted, the student admitted to having it.

I know students cheat. Everyone cheats. This student's mistakes were doing out in the open and getting caught.

Oh dang that's totally different than most exams then and makes sense since your a LAB and the exam is done that way.

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
lesson of the story.. cheat better

Students are so careless now these days it seems like
Old 12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Enjoys his Ponies

Car Info: 2014 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Haha, I am above
Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

LOL this guy