Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news
View Poll Results: Would you like @i-club.com e-mail address and .i-club.com webspace
Great idea!
84.03%
Horrible idea, you sneaky russian!
15.97%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

i-Club.com Hosting Services

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
alex i would just like to see a link to everyones garage so that you can see who is who beter by checking there profile and clicking on there iclub garage

as for the email... i already have zumnwrx@yahoo.com
edgar,

Last edited by zumnwrx; 02-06-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 02 Turbo Jetta,EVO
Is this idea still being tinkered around?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:23 AM

I voted no, Due to the fact i already have like a quaddrillon email addresses between work and personal..
Old 04-15-2005, 11:50 AM

Location: Houston, Texas "Drive it like you stole it.." 13.034 @ 105.19 mph
Car Info: Aspen White 04 STI, Silver 03 RS (wife's car)
Originally Posted by MotorCitySTI
I voted no, Due to the fact i already have like a quaddrillon email addresses between work and personal..
You are probably not the only one who may feel that way BUT overall as a whole it doesn't matter if it affects you personally by "having to get" another email address dont look at it pessimistically because this would actually be good for I-club and there are a lot of people tired with thier old email (probably spammed to hell) and/or are waiting to be able to have free webspace. I voted yes and am all for it. Another great way to promote the system and get a better known name out there. GO ALEX!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
I think it's a great idea as my only other email addy is an Army one which gets some of its attachments stripped. Not only that it could raise some money for the organization. I voted yes but you're still a sneaky russian.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Great idea.....Im in for it....
Old 07-24-2005, 03:06 PM

That would be cool as long as someone can show me how to use it in Outlook Express with my other email.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I am finishing up setting up the software for this. I will be offering username.i-club.com hosting and username@i-club.com e-mail services for a fee. It will not be as cheap as some other hosting and e-mail services, but I am looking to do it to raise some money for a server and I am not looking for thousands of people to sign up. So this will be a premium service to some people.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
...whats the final desicion...

whats the final desicion...
Old 09-20-2005, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 03' Midnight Black WRX
Awesome Idea count me in for sure
Old 09-20-2005, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 2004 WR Blue WRX
Sounds cool
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
As some other people mentioned, this sort of thing can be a huge PITA. Setting it up isn't hard ... what is a problem is handling reports of abuse, copyright infringement, harassment, and a _lot_ of "my e-mail doesn't work!" or "people can't view this file!" sort of requests. Usually simple stuff, but when you start getting a fair volume of it, you start wondering if it's worth money you're making off the service anyways. The alternative is to put up some help/info pages, ignore the requests, and get branded as "one of those webhosting providers who has crappy customer support".

I think you've got a great market here, for people who are willing to _support the site_ and get some webhosting / e-mail addy in return. But I also think you'll be surprised at just how many challenges there are. Be sure to setup a message board where people can help each other with problems.

Short version? Good idea, but the amount of time involved may surprise you... (and yes, even taking into consideration you have the experience of supporting the board). I'd definitely say run with branded options, but stay away from trying to compete in mainstream, e.g. spam filtering.

I have a fair bit of experience in this field, have seen it done the right way and the wrong way. Far be it from me to advise you on a business plan, just some feedback on day-to-day operations aspect.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Bugeye & Kawasaki Z1000
Originally Posted by Imprezer
I am finishing up setting up the software for this. I will be offering username.i-club.com hosting and username@i-club.com e-mail services for a fee. It will not be as cheap as some other hosting and e-mail services, but I am looking to do it to raise some money for a server and I am not looking for thousands of people to sign up. So this will be a premium service to some people.
Are you looking for a one time fee or a monthly thing?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
i already have too many emails....but if i didn't i would def want an i-club one. I think it's a good idea!

Quick Reply: i-Club.com Hosting Services