i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/)
-   -   i-Club.com Hosting Services (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/i-club-com-hosting-services-59150/)

Imprezer 05-09-2004 07:28 PM

i-Club.com Hosting Services

I want to see if there is interest in hosting program for i-Club members. Basically what I am thinking about is provide members with [email]username@i-club.com[/email] e-mail address, some MB hosting account and username.i-club.com redirects to your i-club.com webspace.

This is something I though about for a while and wanted to pitch it to you guys. Of course, there will be a small fee for that, as it will increase my bandwidth usage. Please let me know what you think and how much you would be willing to pay.

Give me feedback, please.

philioWRXman 05-09-2004 07:46 PM

I don't need another email addy or hosting space, so i voted no, you sneaky russian! :)

Imprezer 05-09-2004 07:52 PM

So you think that phillowrxman.i-club.com would not be cool to have your own little homepage? Or to store your images?

funkdrmr 05-09-2004 09:16 PM

Great idea Alex! I think it would allow people to be more creative than the standard "Gallery" format we have now.

nic3krnnamja83 05-09-2004 09:44 PM

good idea alex, also since u seem like ur gonna post here can i get a quote fro the cusco ti. exhaust? lots of people say they stopped making them but since ur direct let me know thanks

Imprezer 05-09-2004 09:56 PM

Ti CUSCO exhaust is no longer made. Sorry.

Don't forget to say how much you would be willing to pay for "i-Club.com Hosting Services".

- Alex

Nick Koan 05-09-2004 10:03 PM

Hmmm, I just renewed my 1 year of hosting service/domain reg. I basically only use it for an e-mail address and an image and resume host. Currently I'm paying $40 a year, and it would have to be significantly lower for me to do this. I don't think I want to deal with changing my e-mail address again.

I think it'd be a good idea so I voted yet, but I just personally don't want to sign up for it.

philioWRXman 05-09-2004 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]So you think that phillowrxman.i-club.com would not be cool to have your own little homepage? Or to store your images?[/QUOTE]

i've already got a homepage of sorts and i store my images on a friends site already, so its really of no use.

but if people want it and will pay for it, then go for it.

Imprezer 05-09-2004 10:10 PM

Ok. Keep them comments comming.

I guess I could offer it to those that are interested.

nic3krnnamja83 05-10-2004 12:16 AM

no Ti cusco exhaust! ok damnit, i dunno 5 dollars a year?

Nflight 05-10-2004 07:56 AM

Nflight@i-club.com

I would be interested in a Email account only at this time thank you! Oh, by the Way awesome web site!

Price should be comparative to others as not to cheat yourself out of needed cash flow, so somewhere around $ 9.95 is still a decent price for year round affiliation with this Truely Awesome Web Site! As for Hosting suggestions is make it so yours competitive but allow the members before the web hosting service came into effect to have maybe an advantage in costs, where out side sources or vendors would still have to pay a premium! Just thoughts from outside the box thinking!

AWD powerslides are addicting once accomplished

bassplayrr 05-10-2004 10:33 AM

I think it's a great idea. The web space woud give us a place to store our car pics, and the email address would give me a place to have my "car stuff" emails sent so I don't clog up my work/personal address.

-Chris

gdogg 05-10-2004 03:55 PM

i'd pay 40 dollars a year if you promised that i could have a house like IS2scooby!
something like gdogg's house of refuge . . . or somethin like that :D
i have 3 email accounts so i said you are a sneaky russian.
other than that i think its an excellent idea!
i think this vision has enormous proportions. . . like maybe corporate backing?

edit- is there a such thing as email consolidation?
if so i'd like to keep all email in i-club.
[COLOR=Lime]aloha from the 50th state[/COLOR]

PyroManiac 05-10-2004 07:57 PM

i agree, hosting would be fly, but i am broke.

Imprezer 05-10-2004 11:39 PM

Hmm...

Interesting...