Goodyear Kailua

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 04:48 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT
Goodyear Kailua

If you know someone that works there, please pass to them to stop f*n around with the 05 LGT.
I will start by saying I wont bash their overall service, just what is happening currently to my wife w/ my car.
Back story, i'm deployed, radiator started leaking, told my wife no problems. Ordered a Mishimoto X-Line and told her to just get it installed. She takes it in (3/25), apprx 3 hrs and $190 later, she drives away to have it leak and car hit critical temps. I lose my mind, they say they'll tow it back and see. Wife was told a hose doesn't fit just right, they just missed it and they will find one. End of day 1&2 and no call, she asks what going on, still no hose. She offers to help find a hose to help out, they told her today they were going to customize a hose. That leads me to assume (yes, i'll assume) they didn't install it correctly, attached the wrong expansion port, possibly throwing the other away. Wife has been driving a rental to keep up daily life with 4 kids.
Basically i'm trying to get it back on the road, wife mobile and keep my Subaru alive.
Corporate Goodyear Auto Services will be getting a long email, an installation guide from Mishimoto (they can actually youtube it) and the names of people involved.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 2010 FXT
Sorry to hear that. Hard to trust any shops as it seems like either they do not know what they are doing or are more interested in making money than actually helping the consumer. Hope they step up and resolve your issues.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT
Thanks, man. I wished people weren't targeted for being less knowledgeable about cars. Mech work should be driven by passion for cars and feeling good about bringing happiness and comfort to people who rely on these machines.
If anyone is interested. My wife told them about youtube video and gave them infamous performance's phone number this morning at opening. they just called her back said they cant make it work, that she should just needs to get a new radiator and, they have radiators there and its gonna cost xxx amount. she stated she just wants the car towed to Subaru and apparently the guy got rude with her and stated she has less than 30mins to come get it before they put it in the fence until morning. i'm at wits end at not having been able to do it myself, having no control or communication other than computer. I mean really, its not that dang difficult to swap a radiator. instruction can usually be found. I have made my son buy chiltons books for his beater. end rant. now i'm just wondering, what is going to happen to my vehicle, if all parts are there and how stressed my wife is getting. done. just needed to vent to fellow subaru enthusiasts.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI/2000 RS
Feel ya and I have been there. I don't trust any store usually and I never give the benefit of the doubt. I have to second guess them almost every time but servco didn't do so bad. Some of those guys are here on the forums and are good guys. Good Luck!