What's the best way to get revenge on my neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
technically, isn't it illegal to run a business without a license, especially in their backyard?
Yes

if they dont turn the music down, I am just going to burn their house down.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Pick up a beater and run a can of sea foam through it every time there is a class?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
You will need support of at least 3 neighbors in order to get help from the police. You MUST document every time this happens, as is possible, keep a log of every time it's going on for more than say 15min. Like: date/time, short description, etc. Do up a spreadsheet or something, and talk to the neighbors first, then get them to sign it and give them copies. This is your best ammo.

Doing ANYTHING at all toward them will make things worse, and as others have mentioned, cause potential harm to pets. You must consider the source and see how you would feel doing the same thing as they are. Chances are you could not let yourself do this sort of totally disrespectful thing, which should show you that they are in a different frame of mind. There will never be a scenario where they smell a stinkbomb and say to themselves "gee, I better turn that down so I am not bothering my neighbors." Plus, if they are smarted than they seem, they could potentially get you for purposely exposing them to toxic substances or other contrived bullshirt.

Best of luck to you - this sort of thing really sucks. My WRX is a living monument to how much of a terrible experience a neighbor can be as this is the car that my neighbor damaged with his carport. I had the police over and the city and ultimately the police required us to go to a mediation, and he convinced them that my wife and I were stealing from his shop, and sued us. It was not awesome, but eventually he made a fool of himself in court and it was thrown out but - it was a royal PITA that I am not likely to forget soon.

Only thing I have to deal with now is kids from Hillsdale High School coming over at lunch and smoking weed/drinking beer outside my apartment during lunch time. They leave trash which often contains Bud Light cans, blunt wraps, Swisher Sweets wraps/butts and other fun things. I work from home sometimes and smell the weed clouds wafting through my apartment.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 05-17-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word. Twice.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 04GG
Pick up a beater and run a can of sea foam through it every time there is a class?
You can get in a lot of trouble doing that in an isolated circumstance, let alone in one where someone could claim that you were trying to poison them.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Doing ANYTHING at all toward them will make things worse, and as others have mentioned, cause potential harm to pets. You must consider the source and see how you would feel doing the same thing as they are.

honestly its not worth playing the back and forth let me **** off my neighbor game.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

You will need support of at least 3 neighbors in order to get help from the police. You MUST document every time this happens, as is possible, keep a log of every time it's going on for more than say 15min. Like: date/time, short description, etc. Do up a spreadsheet or something, and talk to the neighbors first, then get them to sign it and give them copies. This is your best ammo.
Injunction!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

You can get in a lot of trouble doing that in an isolated circumstance, let alone in one where someone could claim that you were trying to poison them.
If I were actually trying to poison them, that isn't how I would go about it. Wasn't actually serious....
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Doing ANYTHING at all toward them will make things worse, and as others have mentioned, cause potential harm to pets. You must consider the source and see how you would feel doing the same thing as they are. Chances are you could not let yourself do this sort of totally disrespectful thing, which should show you that they are in a different frame of mind. There will never be a scenario where they smell a stinkbomb and say to themselves "gee, I better turn that down so I am not bothering my neighbors."
This is the unfortunate reality. Even if you do something that WORKS, it will more likely than not just make things worse.

Only thing I have to deal with now is kids from Hillsdale High School coming over at lunch and smoking weed/drinking beer outside my apartment during lunch time. They leave trash which often contains Bud Light cans, blunt wraps, Swisher Sweets wraps/butts and other fun things. I work from home sometimes and smell the weed clouds wafting through my apartment.
I had exactly the same problem. I called the school and they sent truancy officers to my place during lunch. That quickly stopped - that year. Next year, same thing all over again.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Some really valid ideas, thanks for the great advice.

I know the stink/smoke bomb thing would be satisfying, but ultimately I don't want to risk the safety of my animals.

The injunction sounds like our best option, all of our neighbors will be on board for sure.

I think I'll also be doing the craigslist thing for the middle of the night occasions. :-D Thank you for that!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM

PS: also we're going to look into the whole illegal business aspect of it.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 AM
9 to 5 mod

Sounds good Dan.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
no need for middle of the night postings on Craigslist.

find out what times the classes are, advertise on Craigslist for FREE ZUMBA CLASSES at those times at their address.

there will be so many pissed off people, it will be amazing. make sure to video tape it for our pleasure.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:48 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Keep us updated!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX

So I take it you don't have an HOA?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Max Xevious
no need for middle of the night postings on Craigslist.

find out what times the classes are, advertise on Craigslist for FREE ZUMBA CLASSES at those times at their address.

there will be so many pissed off people, it will be amazing. make sure to video tape it for our pleasure.
Even better idea.

Quick Reply: What's the best way to get revenge on my neighbors?