Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Comments?

Consider hiring Zoeb as you new GM.

Good Luck.
Comments?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
have a quick turn around unless you change managment

Consider hiring Zoeb as you new GM.

Good Luck.
Management has been turned over. I have to disagree with you though as far as the sales people. I can preach customer service all I want, but at the end of the day its only the sales people who interact with the customer. If he/she pisses off 20 customers but sells to 1 and hes happy how do I know that he pissed off the other 20 unless they come and tell me. Thats why I'm here. I want to know if anyone has had a bad experience with any of my new sales force. PM if you have. Please keep in mind these are human beings so please don't make up any stories and cost someone there job. I want to know whats really going on out there.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Three words: HATE, HATE, HATE!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by ish
that is true. But i still recommend it for the sake his own integrity
but he probably gets to drive a brand new demo around and probably pockets a decent salary

Chances are he is someone who probably doesn't have a college degree or any real world work experience....why would he want to get a job somewhere that will pay him like $10 an hour at most.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:04 PM

Hey guys I probably won't have any time to read this thread until tomarrow so don't start posting that you scared me off again. I'll be back, whether some of you like it or not.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by thefreak
Management has been turned over. I have to disagree with you though as far as the sales people. I can preach customer service all I want, but at the end of the day its only the sales people who interact with the customer...
I don't think preaching works sir.

I think showing your employees that you are going to be honest and straightforward does.

I don't want to write a long letter, I will say that if you shake up the tree and let everyone know what's important, and how to conduct themselves, and the management follows what they preach - this goes a very long way to having employees embrace the company atmoshphere.

My opinion, my experiance - I've been on both sides, a new hire into a formally poorly run organization and an existing manager in a poorly run company that took on a new corporate atmoshpere.

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Chances are he is someone who probably doesn't have a college degree...
Actually he is well written so I would suspect he does have at least a college degree.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 08-24-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
hmmm... first thing came into my mind was discrimination against age and ethnicity... So some they are nice to and *** to others?

Originally Posted by DomozitoLK
I agree with that. I bought my car this way at Stevens Creek through Masood April 2004. He was a nice guy and my wife and I were out of there in an hour-and-a-half after signing the check and doing the paperwork. Fairly painless.

And they continue to service my car to this day. I have never been treated badly or felt anything was misrepresented. I will continue to give them my business (irregardless of whatever past problems they may have had).

Hope you can iron out relations with the Suby community! Good luck...

Rob
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by thefreak
Not true. If you want to come and see an invoice come on by and I'll show it to you. We have holdback but that just pays for our flooring which is the interest we pay for the cars...(we have to finance them just like most other people)
Then answer me this, why did different dealerships quote me different "invoice" prices? Shouldn't they all be the same.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by nKoan
Then answer me this, why did different dealerships quote me different "invoice" prices? Shouldn't they all be the same.
I know <raises hand> Different Options!

You can usually get the real invoiced price from places like Edmunds and Consumer Reports....the problem are the options...factory installed options are cheaper but often dealerships know what their customers prefer and install those options and if the dealership installs them, they cost more even if they are the same parts.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by nKoan
How different were they?

Sometimes they are different by 150-200 bucks because subaru charges dealers different prices (ad fees and such) depending on where they are located.

Last edited by EricDaRed81; 08-24-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
dealerships know what their customers prefer and install those options
Not really true.

Subaru doesn't give dealers the option to pick what accesories go on the cars.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I know <raises hand> Different Options!

You can usually get the real invoiced price from places like Edmunds and Consumer Reports....the problem are the options...factory installed options are cheaper but often dealerships know what their customers prefer and install those options and if the dealership installs them, they cost more even if they are the same parts.
Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
How different were they? Sometimes they are different by 150-200 bucks because subaru charges dealers different prices depending on where they are located.
same options, or similar enough.

~$1000 difference between here and the midwest (did some after purchase investigating).

But, I don't want to derail this thread any further. SC is way out of my area regardless, so lets let thefreak get back to saving his dealerships reputation.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 08-24-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
should I get chinese food or a sandwich for lunch today?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
I don't think preaching works sir.

I think showing your employees that you are going to be honest and straightforward does.

I don't want to write a long letter, I will say that if you shake up the tree and let everyone know what's important, and how to conduct themselves, and the management follows what they preach - this goes a very long way to having employees embrace the company atmoshphere.

My opinion, my experiance - I've been on both sides, a new hire into a formally poorly run organization and an existing manager in a poorly run company that took on a new corporate atmoshpere.

Actually he is well written so I would suspect he does have at least a college degree.
i cant express how true this is. please listen to this brian. company culture comes from the top down. in EVERY company. im just reinforcing what others have said about the working envrionment. ive never been to stevens creek so i am not really on anyones side. but bad publicity does wonders. at any company, if management is not professional and courteous, no one else will be, because then there is nothing to prove, so to speak, to upper mgmt. having a very professional, competent, and progressive upper mgmt breeds just that. people underneath will look up to showing that they can accomplish the same things. if you treat the lower level employees with the respect they hope for, they will treat others (customers) with that same respect. its really an interesting psychological phenomenon.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
should I get chinese food or a sandwich for lunch today?
I thought Steven's Creek was buying?

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?