Question: Student Loan Repayment (to pay or not to pay)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03

Sure. But if you ever come back, it'll be there.
Note to self.....dont come back lol.
Before u leave commit a rash of traffic infractions.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 PM

Car Info: car
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Note to self.....dont come back lol.
Before u leave commit a rash of traffic infractions.
ahhh man, ive already committed my fair share lol. if anything, id take the suby down to mex and build some nice CC debt with the trunk full of stuff haha
Old 06-13-2014, 09:15 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Sell the car(s), invest in public transit and a bike, pay the loan off.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by TheFozz
Sell the car(s), invest in public transit and a bike, pay the loan off.
my job requires me to drive about 300 miles per week. wish it was that easy like europe or south america. US public transit sucks
Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Just pay them. I had mine paid down about half way... then I got laid off. Missed some payments and didn't handle things right. They hit you with fines and penalties. I now owe more than I borrowed. So essentially they got about $10,000 out of me for free.

Horse ****. The system sucks.

Just pay it.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
U shud ov ben smartt lyke mee n skipd skoo. No lones too reepay
Old 06-14-2014, 06:44 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
You CAN NOT get rid of Student Loan debt, not even by filling for bankruptcy.

You either pay them off, or die. Not kidding. I used to work at in a Financial Aid office at a local Jr College.

+1. This debt will follow you to the grave. If you basically don't care about your credit score, screw paying off CC debt, as they won't go after you other than threatening to send it to collections. CC debt can be forgivable and wiped out, especially in the case of claiming bankruptcy.

Research and prioritize what you need to pay off first, cut back on luxury items, and use the extra $ to pay off the student loans faster. The feeling of always knowing you have to owe someone kind of sucks, IMHO.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Remember you can always file for economic hardship deferment to avoid extra fines. i was unemployed for quiet some time, and after a few phone calls they just put my payments on hold.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Keep paying minimum until Obama hands you a free pass. Did you borrow 100k+ , end up partying too hard and finishing with a English major or something? I really don't understand this concept of getting a LOAN and not paying it off unless you got royally screwed somewhere along the line.

My fiance had well over 25k in loans and she's paying them off. Down to about 15k now and she doesn't make crazy money either. Just have to budget it in there.
Thank you - glad I am not the only one. This concept is basically just not taking responsibility for one's actions. I have been working since I was a child, and I do not have student loan debt because I could not imagine how I would have paid all that back. To think I could have gotten a full education, and then just decided not to pay back the loans for that education... That is not a surprising attitude today, but it sure is depressing.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
This thread fails.. Pay it back. I still have 4 more years left as im going to even further education than just my undergrad and my loans have been racking up however, I was smart about it and I got FAFSA/scholarships to help me with the majority of my payment. I had a friend who didnt pay off his loans (hes now 29) and he is now having to pay back MUCH more than ever.. Luckily for him, he launched an internet company that can help pay it off in just a few years but that doesnt happen to everyone..
Old 06-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

Thank you - glad I am not the only one. This concept is basically just not taking responsibility for one's actions. I have been working since I was a child, and I do not have student loan debt because I could not imagine how I would have paid all that back. To think I could have gotten a full education, and then just decided not to pay back the loans for that education... That is not a surprising attitude today, but it sure is depressing.
No. What's depressing is the fact that we are the only developed country that shafts young academics, saddling them disproportionate amounts of debt.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by subysteez
No. What's depressing is the fact that we are the only developed country that shafts young academics, saddling them disproportionate amounts of debt.
+39 this system is a joke, they enslave us nice and early. An education only means debt now and the jobs/pay available are equivalent to factory/manual labor jobs. It would be nice if everyone united and decided not to pay
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 06' wrx (sold), 89' 325is
Honestly. The fact so many other countries pay for their students to go to school is such a smarter system. I mean sure there's a bit more tax money to be collected, but so many more are educated and have the opportunity to make that money back easily. They want a strong country full of intellectual individuals, while here in the US of Awesome, seems all the schooling and gov institutions just want payroll. And that's why our economy is so diverse with people making $20 a day, to $20 million a day.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by Hobosexual

+39 this system is a joke, they enslave us nice and early. An education only means debt now and the jobs/pay available are equivalent to factory/manual labor jobs. It would be nice if everyone united and decided not to pay
Mmhm.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Astafyev26
Honestly. The fact so many other countries pay for their students to go to school is such a smarter system. I mean sure there's a bit more tax money to be collected, but so many more are educated and have the opportunity to make that money back easily. They want a strong country full of intellectual individuals, while here in the US of Awesome, seems all the schooling and gov institutions just want payroll. And that's why our economy is so diverse with people making $20 a day, to $20 million a day.
I completely agree. maybe if they stopped focusing so much on law enforcement and incarceration we would be able to readjust the blatant faults in this neo capitalist system. Not only that but how much money goes into "protecting" our freedom.

Quick Reply: Question: Student Loan Repayment (to pay or not to pay)