Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
We both agree that there were many issues creating a crappy offense. My concern is that, after all is said and done, Carson was holding up tons of cap space, a 1st & 2nd rd draft pick, and the Raiders have nothing to show for it.

Might as well replace home with a cheaper option and open up some money next season to address the other issues on offense.

It's not a pretty scenario, and Carson isn't the only one to blame, but he was never going to be the Raiders QB moving forward. That was Hue's desperate grab at solidifying a spot as HC/GM. It didn't work out.
I agree with some points. But it wasn't 20 plus points like stated before and it wasn't always "garbage" time. You want to know what happens when you're playing from behind and have an injured running back? DB's drool. How do I know this... I was one. I can still go on to a football field as fat and slow as I am and destroy offenses with picks.

They know the threat of run is nil and that palmer is going to pass. They can afford to take more risks because they're in the lead and they know the pass is coming. That means they're sitting on guys and waiting. That leads to batted *****, incompletions and INT's. That is amplified in the red zone. Especially with no run threat and really no TE threat either.

I am 100% completely against your opinion of what Palmer did last year for Oakland. I think what he was able to do with the situation was a miracle. He played well. Were there picks that were poor decisions or poor throws. Sure. Were there enough of them to put blame on him for the season. NOPE. He played very well.

As for those "other" guys throw more TD's so it's o.k. B.S. You telling me Romo didn't single handedly loose games for Dallas? Same with Brees. He was TERRIBLE for quite a few games last year and he had 8 guys to throw to. EIGHT GUYS... and a capable run game.

Palmer did have a good year. Amazing. Great. No. Good yes. Very good given what he had to deal with... yes.

Do I agree that it was a bad deal for the organization. Absolutely. That was one of the most idiotic moves in the NFL 2 years ago. He was sitting on his coach for crying out load. They could have got him for much much less. Bring him in COULD have been a good thing IF they would have done it right.

I think moving him out is a great idea. Getting more picks is what we need right now. And I'm happy that Palmer will have an honest shot at winning. I don't think Arizona is a great team either way. But if they draft smart he'll at least have guys to throw to and a decent system to play in.

Good for everyone.

He was paid to much and the picks were too high.

But he did well. I hate that people are trying to say he was a bust and that he sucked. He was better than 2/3rds of the QBs in the NFL last year.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Rolando McClain is finally gone.

Rolando McClain released by Oakland Raiders - NFL.com

"As expected, the Oakland Raiders released linebacker Rolando McClain on Friday, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported citing a source.

The Raiders later announced the move.

The No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft was set to make $4.005 million in base salary in 2013 and had a $6.675 million salary cap number, according to Spotrac.com

"I'd like to thank the Raiders for giving me an opportunity to play in the NFL," McClain said in a statement, Rapoport reported. "I'm disappointed that it hasn't worked out better, but I'm very excited and thankful for the Raiders allowing me to get a fresh start. I will miss my teammates and wish them and the Raiders organization good luck going forward."

McClain had a career-high 99 tackles and five sacks in 2011, but never lived up to his high draft status. This is the latest cost-cutting step general manager Reggie McKenzie has taken this offseason. Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey and safety Michael Huff were released. Quarterback Carson Palmer was traded to the Arizona Cardinals for next to nothing."
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, a lot of the players just didn't have a real chance to work due to front office staff. The coaching just wasn't there. So many stars in and out of Oakland.

In any case, sucks that the linebacker is gone. It was a much better move than all the speedster stars they had on the team to draft a good linebacker.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Yea, a lot of the players just didn't have a real chance to work due to front office staff. The coaching just wasn't there. So many stars in and out of Oakland.

In any case, sucks that the linebacker is gone. It was a much better move than all the speedster stars they had on the team to draft a good linebacker.
As long as you're not referring to McClain as a "star", then I'm with you on that sentiment.

I'd like to say the last 2 seasons are Money Ball-esque, but they are just basic common sense moves to actually build a franchise.

They've finally got the helm turning in the right direction, they just need to wait for the ship to turn with it.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
As long as you're not referring to McClain as a "star", then I'm with you on that sentiment.

I'd like to say the last 2 seasons are Money Ball-esque, but they are just basic common sense moves to actually build a franchise.

They've finally got the helm turning in the right direction, they just need to wait for the ship to turn with it.
McClain wasn't great, but he didn't have much of a mentor. Willis had Singletary to learn from as a LB coach. Not much of a headcoach, but one helluve an LB coach.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Rolando is good against the run. Somewhere around 8-12 for ILB in the NFL.

But that makes him a 2-down back. In todays NFL you HAVE to be able to cover... and he just can't do it.

Then there is the effort thing. Seeing him gas out or give up was really frustrating.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Alright folks... It's Draft Day!!

I think we can take Star or Floyd at #3, or trade down a little at take Floyd a bit later.

Word on the street is the 49ers want Floyd and may move up and hope to get him 12-15... but I think we will take him before that.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:58 PM

This draft class stinks. Trade down and plan for next draft.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM
General Pimpin'

If they take finished at Imma be pissed.

Trade down! Take flloyd.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Fisher over luke. Hmm. Makes the jags pick easy.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM

traded pick
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
It's like they don't care about the next three seasons.....
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by rau
Didn't see what the trade involved but trading to that slot was the smartest thing they've dive in years. Jets get one id the highest value picks in star and Oakland still gets floyd but for way less money.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rau
And you're basing that on what?

This has been their most sensible offseason in a decade. Maybe you're still stuck in Post-Superbowl Al Davis Mode?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Hayden, good pick for the Raiders. I think it's a lot better than Mathieu, keep a clean image for the new Oakland rebuild.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2013/2014 Season Thread