Official: Oakland Athletics 2014 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
So that Lester trade worked out well... Another 5 years before we sniff the playoffs now?
Are you implying that Cespedes would have made any difference in that game?

The offense was slumping weeks before they traded Yo AND he would have been gone next year regardless. He was not going to stay in Oakland with the rest of the league willing to pay him way more than the A's.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Are you implying that Cespedes would have made any difference in that game?

The offense was slumping weeks before they traded Yo AND he would have been gone next year regardless. He was not going to stay in Oakland with the rest of the league willing to pay him way more than the A's.
Absolutely. Having Yo made all the difference in all those games where you'd get 2 or 3 on bases and then get out of the inning with 0 runs or the games where we couldn't get anything going and lost by a score. There was no issue with the pitching when we traded him and after that it was just one giant downward spiral.

If we hadn't traded him, we'd be in a series right now. I don't know if we'd win it but we definitely wouldn't have tanked down to wild card imo.

I fully understand that he was not going to be a Athletic next year but neither is Lester. So its a moot point really. I still think without the trade we'd stand a better chance of making the playoffs. Lester was 16-11 with the A's and 0-1 in postseason having one of his worst playoff games. Not exactly a game changer.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Absolutely. Having Yo made all the difference in all those games where you'd get 2 or 3 on bases and then get out of the inning with 0 runs or the games where we couldn't get anything going and lost by a score. There was no issue with the pitching when we traded him and after that it was just one giant downward spiral.

If we hadn't traded him, we'd be in a series right now. I don't know if we'd win it but we definitely wouldn't have tanked down to wild card imo.

I fully understand that he was not going to be a Athletic next year but neither is Lester. So its a moot point really. I still think without the trade we'd stand a better chance of making the playoffs. Lester was 16-11 with the A's and 0-1 in postseason having one of his worst playoff games. Not exactly a game changer.
Yea, your numbers on Lester's win/loss with the A's are way off. Don't lump Boston's numbers in with his time with the A's.

That trade was pretty even. You trade an RBI guy with a decent avg (.260 avg & 22 hr) for an ace pitcher. The A's needed a certified ace.

Either way, Lester was pulled in the 8th with a 7-3. The A's couldn't get the final 6 outs with a 4 run lead. Thats pathetic. Having Yo in the lineup wasn't going to stop that collapse.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:42 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Fair enough but 6-5 with A's isn't anything to write home about. Wasn't Lester pulled when he allowed 2 guys on bases or was it bases loaded? Can't remember now.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Fair enough but 6-5 with A's isn't anything to write home about. Wasn't Lester pulled when he allowed 2 guys on bases or was it bases loaded? Can't remember now.
I think he did end up loading the bases cause they gave him a 6 era. The bullpen still couldn't get outs when they needed them and the Royals stole bases at will.

Its really nothing Yo would have been able to fix yesterday.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:55 AM

A's trade Josh Donaldson to Toronto for Brett Lawrie and three prospects – right-hander Kendall Graveman, left-hander Sean Nolin and shortstop Franklin Barreto.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
A's trade Josh Donaldson to Toronto for Brett Lawrie and three prospects – right-hander Kendall Graveman, left-hander Sean Nolin and shortstop Franklin Barreto.
Billy's back...
Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
wow 52-0, dont even know what to say. That has to be the worst loss by any NFL team in years, probably even makes a top (bottom?) 5 list somewhere. Does anyone know??
Old 12-01-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
wow 52-0, dont even know what to say. That has to be the worst loss by any NFL team in years, probably even makes a top (bottom?) 5 list somewhere. Does anyone know??
Wrong thread. Although, I think the A's could have put up at least 13 points that game.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by superglue wrx
wrong thread. Although, i think the a's could have put up at least 13 points that game.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
A's would have put up more than 0....
Old 12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Old School

Official: Oakland Athletics 2014 Thread-img_20141208_111726.jpg

*LeSigh
Old 12-08-2014, 04:58 PM

**** **** **** **** ****ITY ****!

Billy is a giver, not a taker. Unless you count taking an *** kicking in the last 3 playoffs.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
**** **** **** **** ****ITY ****!

Billy is a giver, not a taker. Unless you count taking an *** kicking in the last 3 playoffs.
Shark is gone... *lesigh
Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Shark is gone... *lesigh
I can't even right now. When Beane kept the core together from 2012 to 2013, I was in utter amazement. Now, everything going back to the way it was.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Athletics 2014 Thread