Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
They would have been better off keeping the team they had in place. But I'm sure Kelly was like... nope... only my choices in staff... blah blah blah.

Offense will be top 10. Defense will be last. They'll miss the playoffs again but they'll win enough and be exciting enough that he'll last 3 years in SF. **** off a bunch of players and destroy the team for the next decade.

or... he and CK7 will strike creative gold and they'll be impossible to stop for the next 3 years.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:08 PM
General Pimpin'

CK7.... just lost what little consideration I had for him. Dude is a freaking retard.

He's giving his idiotic agent too much power. This is clearly a power move. This is him saying... oh... o.k. So you brought in a coach with a system designed for me. So you want me. You've said I'm here and you want me. So now lets see how much... lets get me paid.

But what it shows is a lack of faith in himself and the system. His contract is big. It's plenty for the kind of player he is... but it's all performance based. And he's not hitting those.

So CK7 wants permission to talk to other teams and tender contracts so he can come back and say... pay me this much and I'll stay. Or I want out.

It puts the organization in a bind.

But mainly it shows that he's not a leader. What he should be doing is going... ok. New coach. New system. My system. Lets take the bulls and show the world I'm the best athlete at my position in the NFL.

But instead he's being a *****.

If I was the niners I'd say... o.k. You go talk to other teams. Lets see what they think you're worth.

They're gonna get offers from a few teams but for the most part they're gonna be ****ty offers because the dude isn't that good of a QB. None of them are going to pay him $12m. There's really only 2 or 3 teams that could use him and those guys are all going to fill their rosters in the draft with better QB's. I'd take any of the top 5 QB's in the draft over CK7. Any of them.

So I'd say... sure... you go figure it out. We'll say no to everyone unless someone gets desperate and wants to toss us a high end draft pick... you'll come back. You'll play. You'll STFU. That's it.

But as it is... that team is getting younger. New coach. New system. New draft picks. New FA's. They really need a leader and he's not it. No leader... they're gonna suck... for a while.

I can't stand this dude. I hope he ends up with the Browns. They're the only ones that might be stupid enough to toss the niners a pick in the first day or early second day.

I'd take a 3rd round pick for him. LOL!

Gabbert has shown that he's capable and athletic. He's smart. He doesn't have a monster arm and he's not amazing. But he's good. He's usable and at least he's got a good shoulder and can be a good locker room guy.

Niners will probably go Treadwell in the first. But they should take Stanley. Second round they should snag Apple but I think they'll go with Whitehair if they go WR in the first round. 3rd round they'll go defense again. Probably secondary. If they pick up the Browns pick here they can get Connor Cook. Who many folks had in the first round. Cook is one of my favorite QB's in the draft.

6'4" strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Can move.

Me... I'd trade his ***. I'd trade his *** and I'd sack up and take Goff in the first round. Or go with treadwell and draft Dak Prescott in the second.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:54 PM

I don't blame Kap for wanting to leave. It's the 49ers' fault for screwing him over in the first place. They whispered negative things about him to the media all season long last season, just like they did Harbaugh, and they denied him entry to attend games during the final few games of the season.

Now they want to do a 180 and now they want him back? That'll leave anybody salty, doesn't matter who it is. But personally, if I were him, I'd take the 49ers money, and at first sign of injury, just shut it down. Yah it'll cause more fans to hate him, but Jed York and Trent Baalke started the whole thing. Time for Kap to collect his paycheck while doing the bare minimum. But if he wants to leave, that's his choice. I honestly don't mind whatever decision he makes.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:14 PM
General Pimpin'

I don't blame him either. But then again... his best shot is staying put.

To me it reads like a guy that doesn't have as much confidence as he pretends to have. He knows that they'll work with Blane if they have to and that they're targeting a QB in the draft. He knows that if he looses that battle and ends up the second... or even the third QB that he'll make his dough this year and then his career is really close to over.

But if he goes to the Browns all he has to do is have a few good games and their failure will be blamed on the organization... not him. So he'll be alive for a few more years.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:45 AM

Ah, if he leaves, all the more reason to try and draft Goff.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:45 AM

Car Info: Nadda
The way the NFL works, he's going to get another chance, some team may pay him $15mil or something. You get a QB who's shown he can take a team to through the playoffs. Sure he's probably a terrible passer in almost all the systems, but I can see teams chancing it if they have a good system. Organization will cut him/trade him for something else and pay someone with that $12mil.

On Kaepernick's behalf, he wants money from somewhere. Niners did him wrong. I'd want out too with all these talkers. Kaepernick doesn't talk much, so for all this crap coming out about him is kinda annoying. It'll be a perfect way to screw over Chip + Niners (Chip not getting a running QB yet again!)
Old 02-28-2016, 03:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
The way the NFL works, he's going to get another chance, some team may pay him $15mil or something. You get a QB who's shown he can take a team to through the playoffs. Sure he's probably a terrible passer in almost all the systems, but I can see teams chancing it if they have a good system. Organization will cut him/trade him for something else and pay someone with that $12mil.

On Kaepernick's behalf, he wants money from somewhere. Niners did him wrong. I'd want out too with all these talkers. Kaepernick doesn't talk much, so for all this crap coming out about him is kinda annoying. It'll be a perfect way to screw over Chip + Niners (Chip not getting a running QB yet again!)
Gabbert's no slug. His 40 was 4.61 I think... CK7 ran a 4.53. He doesn't have the arm strength but he's smarter and he's much more accurate under 20 yards... that is exactly what Kelly wants.

I think his agent knows the chance of him winning out isn't great... and even worse than that if they draft Goff.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
We'd really have to reach up somehow if we want Goff right? someone will ****** him top 5 I imagine...

If Kap does end up leaving we'll need something. Another season of constant check downs from Gabbert isn't going to cut it. He's shown promise at times but he's too inconsistent and I think everyone knows that. I read something recently with even Kelly not liking his short throws. I went to the last niners-rams game this year and I swear it was like 75% throws to a TE short or to a running back check down...
Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
We'd really have to reach up somehow if we want Goff right? someone will ****** him top 5 I imagine...

If Kap does end up leaving we'll need something. Another season of constant check downs from Gabbert isn't going to cut it. He's shown promise at times but he's too inconsistent and I think everyone knows that. I read something recently with even Kelly not liking his short throws. I went to the last niners-rams game this year and I swear it was like 75% throws to a TE short or to a running back check down...
His draft spot is rangy. I've seen him go high and I've seen him drop to the second round. A lot will depend on throwing drills and his pro day.

As for check downs.

I'm not sure what kind of crack Kelly is on. His entire offense was about tempo and quick hitting plays. He does deep about as often as he does straight up runs. Maybe less.

You make quick decisions and hit quick. It's about speed and tempo.

Most of the plays are movement plays with targets ranging from dumps to 12-15 yards. Perfect for Gabbert. He does mix in long passes about as often as he mixes in straight runs. And personally.. I think the offense last year had more to do with the rest of the staff than it did Gabbert. He's got a great arm for that 10-25 window. Gabbert's college ran a shot gun spread offense with a LOT of 10-20 yard hitters.

Hyde will get beat up less. Bush if he comes back could end up having a few pretty decent games. They'll need another mobile RB.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:51 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Trent Baalke liking Connor Cook in the 2016 NFL Draft is my new favorite rumor - Niners Nation

"The NFL draft season is always loaded with so many random rumors. Someone wants to push Player X up or down the draft board for whatever reason, and so they leak some information to their favorite media member. The latest random rumor about the San Francisco 49ers deals with Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook.

Bleacher Report NFL reporter Jason Cole threw this up against the wall on Monday, two days removed from the quarterback putting together a Combine performance that was up and down. You can watch the video here, but for those without access to video, here's what Cole had to say about Connor Cook and 49ers general manager Trent Baalke:

According to a source I spoke to at the NFL Scouting Combine, Trent Baalke, the general manager of the San Francisco 49ers has put a priority on quarterback Connor Cook of Michigan State, despite the fact that Cook has taken so much criticism throughout the year for his personality difficulties, and didn't throw the ball all that well during Combine drills on Saturday. Fact is, Cook having a shoulder injury going into the Combine, that's considered one of the reasons he didn't throw as well. And the reason that Baalke likes Cook so much is he likes the value. He thinks he's going to be able to get Cook in the second or third round of the draft. That makes him a much better value than taking some of the other quarterbacks in the draft that are expected to go much higher. That starts with Carson Wentz and Jared Goff, and then includes Paxton Lynch of the University of Memphis. All those guys are expected to go in the first round. The 49ers sit at No. 7 overall, and Baalke doesn't want to use that pick on a quarterback at this point in time. He would rather get somebody later, such as what he did when he picked Colin Kaepernick in the second round of the NFL Draft.

I suppose Baalke could have a soft spot for Connor Cook. I mean, what do I really know after all? However, given the various issues that seem to have arisen with him, I think it is OK to be at least a little skeptical. I suppose the 49ers could draft Cook after Patrick Willis returns from retirement, amirite?

I will say, of all that Cole said, there is something to be said for the last part about not wanting to spend a first round pick on a quarterback this year. There are quarterbacks that will go in the first round, but there is no "sure thing" quarterback that will be available to the 49ers. There is a lot of upside, but plenty of questions. If you're not sold on one of Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, or Paxton Lynch, there's no point in spending the pick on them. There are some seriously talented players available, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Both sides of the ball need work this offseason, so go with the guy who inspires the most confidence that he can be an impact player."

First off, interesting that Connor Cook could be the intended target QB the 49ers want to go after considering this seems to be the guy that was not named Team Captain. He also seems to prefer being a "Celebrity".

Anonymous executive says QB Connor Cook 'likes being a celebrity' - Niners Nation

Ask 5: What's best player comp for MSU QB Connor Cook? - NFL.com

Also curious in the main story that it talks about Baalke picking Kaepernick as it makes it seem like that was his guy all along. From reports I have read Kaepernick was always Harbaugh's pick, Baalke wanted Andy Dalton, but the Bengals picked him right before the 49ers took Kaepernick.