Freakin CHP got me again...SOB

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by BreadSauce

No wrenching because rain
Ah gotcha. I'm hoping the power goes out here at work so I can take the rest of the night off... fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by fishie

Fight what? Pay the ticket, go to traffic school if eligible, and move on with your life. Lucky you did not ticketed going 90mph, and those cars you past on the right were going 70mph. You gotta pay to play.
You're right, super lucky. LOL. Good insight.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:57 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
[QUOTE=BrendanTheGreat;3574087]
Originally Posted by BreadSauce

So? You tryna tell me its accurate with an incline and multiple cars on the road? No. Unless that Lidar gun has a 500x scope attached that makes it perfectly hit the aimed speeding vehicle I highly doubt it.
Yeah I would say that. Not gonna say I am a trained lidar operator cause that could possibly give away what my profession may or may not be, but yeah there are new LIDAR units that actually record through the view finder which has a cross hair in it kinda like a sniper rifle it will show your distance and speed as well as record the entire time you are being lased.

Another thing to keep in mind the LIDAR or RADAR is just a tool to verify a visual estimation which most/all officers have extensive hours of visual estimation. Your ticket is actually based on the officers visual estimation of your speed then verified by the tool.

If the officer is doing his job right his testimony will go somthing like this. I observed a blue vehicle passing a white van at a speed that appeared to be in excess of 80mph. I then placed the blue vehicle in the crosshairs of my Motorola LIDAR 5000 and pulled the trigger and recieved a visual reading of 82 MPH in the digital readout. I continued to keep the trigger depressed and as I observed the blue vehicle slow down the digital readout refelcted the slowing of speed confirming I was tracking the speed of the blue vehicle.

Make sense.
Again always fight it. You have absolutely nothing to lose.
Dont speed
Drive safe
Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
CHP= AAA with a gun!