Freakin CHP got me again...SOB

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:46 PM

Fight it! They tried to pull the same crap with me same place and right when the officer pulled up he states he got me at 81 right after industrial. One there was too many cars that pass me and would have blocked radar, two coming down the hill not in a straight way, and when I asked to see the radar which he states he got me at 81 he refused.

Fight it and when in court ask was the unit calibrated prior to using, when was the last time it was sent in to the manufacturer to get serviced.
Ask for the records of service date.

Good luck!
Old 12-10-2014, 11:01 PM

Car Info: 2010 Subie WRX Hatch
Be careful in CA now. CHP came out with extra funds for some bull crap crackdown on "aggressive driving". Sorry for you and all of us who drive Subies, we will all be driving aggressively in their eyes. Passing is where he got you over the van. That caught his attention. Plus, young(assumingly), and driving a Subie that is WRB. Sorry man. Fight it!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I would say if LIDAR he had you as you were passing the van. The #3 #4 lane is where he is watching and you were accellerating passed all the other vehicles. Does not help that you are in suburu. I knw the exact location and he does have clear view. The fact that you are up hill from him actually helpes his view. What does not go in officers favor is that it took him so long to pull out which would then indicate he got you as you were passing. I dunno man but it never hurts to fight the ticket. In court he will have to tell you at what range he locked on with the lidar and it will make it very clear if it was when you were passing. you can also present your video as evidence but be prepared to have it on some kind of viewable media like an ipad or somthing as they will not have AV equipment in the courtroom.

If you do fight I would reccommend by declaration as It is near christmas so they are gonna want that OT money
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
[QUOTE=BreadSauce;3573803]
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat

Range? That was at least a quarter mile...in traffic, in between cars, down an incline....looks like a load of crap to me.

Those laser guns go 1000 to 4000ft which is almost half a mile. They aim it at your license plate so I don't know how you would fight that. Laser technology is pretty accurate compared t
o the sloppy radar of the past.
So? You tryna tell me its accurate with an incline and multiple cars on the road? No. Unless that Lidar gun has a 500x scope attached that makes it perfectly hit the aimed speeding vehicle I highly doubt it.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Wrx STi
Yes actually it's very accurate reguardless of incline or cars on the road. I've talked to chp officers about. Those lidar guns can hit a square inch accurately from 1/2 mile away. In this situation seems realistic to me. There wasn't that much traffic anyways. If you really think you can fight it something your guilty of so be it. I've gone rounds on the freeway with chp and have been pulled over way to many times. If you admit your speed and that your wrong they are more likely to cut you a break than if your a smart *** and try excuses then fighting it.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:40 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by BreadSauce
If you admit your speed and that your wrong they are more likely to cut you a break than if your a smart *** and try excuses then fighting it.
Also helps if you have big ****. OP its time to get some implants. Next time make your kids cry too so the officer feels bad. They should've said something to the tune of "Now we can't get Christmas gifts because of this ticket *sob* *cry some more*".
Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
CHP are just dicks. I am in law enforcement, We don't get along with a lot of them. Only the ones we go out on Gang Task with. I rarely get let off. Even for stupid ****. But maybe that is just me. But the law is the law. And he is correct.

Last edited by nic3krnnamja83; 12-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Are you using a go pro?
Old 12-11-2014, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
CHP are just dicks.
Yea they are! I went to get my ticket signed off for just no muffler. So i put my tomei muffler back on and says I can't sign it off since its not the stock muffler.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by BreadSauce
Yes actually it's very accurate reguardless of incline or cars on the road. I've talked to chp officers about. Those lidar guns can hit a square inch accurately from 1/2 mile away. In this situation seems realistic to me. There wasn't that much traffic anyways. If you really think you can fight it something your guilty of so be it. I've gone rounds on the freeway with chp and have been pulled over way to many times. If you admit your speed and that your wrong they are more likely to cut you a break than if your a smart *** and try excuses then fighting it.
Hey, get back to work, lunch brake is over! <3 ya

Originally Posted by FXTbrah

Also helps if you have big ****. OP its time to get some implants. Next time make your kids cry too so the officer feels bad. They should've said something to the tune of "Now we can't get Christmas gifts because of this ticket *sob* *cry some more*".
Lulz, Nice. Both valid suggestions.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Wrx STi
Originally Posted by subysteez

Hey, get back to work, lunch brake is over! <3 ya

No wrenching because rain
Old 12-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by bayaholic
Be careful in CA now. ….. Fight it!
Fight what? Pay the ticket, go to traffic school if eligible, and move on with your life. Lucky you did not ticketed going 90mph, and those cars you past on the right were going 70mph. You gotta pay to play.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Car Info: Eclipse
I've gotten pulled over 3 times in my GD and once in my GR... I've never gotten a ticket
Old 12-11-2014, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
To the OP: Cruise control and track days!! Use your cruise on the roads, and do at least 1 track day a month to get the red out. Be safe out there!
That's good advice there
Old 12-11-2014, 05:38 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
At what distance did the cop acquire your speed using LIDAR? It should be written on the ticket. IIRC, CHP uses the LTI Truspeed LIDAR gun. You can find the specs for that unit online. Since you were in close proximity to a truck that was speeding, depending on how far the CHP was and the laser's beam divergence, he could have lased the truck instead of you.

Just something to think about should you choose to fight the ticket...

Quick Reply: Freakin CHP got me again...SOB