Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2jqnhOKXo">YouTube Link</a>

"So let's make this fight happen. Manny Pacquiao, [Top Rank promoter] Bob Arum, you guys have been ducking us for years. We're tired of you guys fooling the public, fooling the critics. You guys didn't want to take random blood and urine testing, so that's why it didn't happen. Then I offered you $40 million, then you didn't want to make the fight happen. You lost twice, now you coming back begging for the same money. That's not gonna happen. Let's make the fight happen for the people and the fans. Mayweather versus Pacquiao, May 2, Cinco de Mayweather."
So even 40million is off the table?

Anything other than 50/50 for any fight is stupid. Obviously if two guys are getting into a ring they are equals and usually fight at same weight or a compromise weight. Why is it then that some guy makes a ton of money more than the other?

No one with any self respect would take a less than 50% cut. Just how I see it.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:42 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
So even 40million is off the table?

Anything other than 50/50 for any fight is stupid. Obviously if two guys are getting into a ring they are equals and usually fight at same weight or a compromise weight. Why is it then that some guy makes a ton of money more than the other?

No one with any self respect would take a less than 50% cut. Just how I see it.
Because one guy is undefeated and has a lot more to lose? I don't agree with the 50/50 because I don't expect the champ to get the same share as a contender. Thats unfair to him. Should Jon Jones get the same money as Cormier? Should GSP have gotten the same money as Diaz?
Old 12-13-2014, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRB WRX WAGON
It's a tough call, Mayweather is good in terms of defense and counter hits but Pacman is all about laying out all the punches he can so I'm going to say that this is going to be a good fight. Paq will be letting out everything he's got!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by FXTbrah

Because one guy is undefeated and has a lot more to lose? I don't agree with the 50/50 because I don't expect the champ to get the same share as a contender. Thats unfair to him. Should Jon Jones get the same money as Cormier? Should GSP have gotten the same money as Diaz?
Yes.

Else you are saying that one is better, and if so, why even fight?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:47 PM

Car Info: 1998 Impreza L
Floyd is scared of Pacquiao. He's just not too confident in beating Pacquiao plain and simple. Fight isn't going to happen.

There's a video of Floyd talking about how his health is more important than money when asked about fighting Pacquiao. That he didn't want to end up like Muhammad Ali.

Even his dad said he's afraid for his son's life when asked about fighting Pacquiao. All caught on video.

Why do you think Floyd asked Pacquiao to do blood testing but not Zab Judah, Diego Corrales, Carlos Baldomir, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya etc. He kept talking about an even playing field.

Floyd knows Pacquiao is something else. Something he's never fought and seen before.

I'm just saying. I don't even like Pacquiao but people needs to see the truth.

Floyd is scared of Manny Pacquiao.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
It should be 50/50 since they will both sell the fight. Some would say more people buy a PPV to see Pacquiao than Floyd but everyone will buy this fight because of the match-up not just Floyd and not just Pacquaio. Doesn't matter who is favored or the champ it matters who sells the fight and is popular. A great example was in the UFC when Anthony Johnson fought Nogueira and KOed him in a minute but Nogueira made twice as much since he is a bigger name.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by ScoobySon
I think Mayweather will win by TKO, but being part Filipino...I want Pacman to win.
Who is the last person Floyd TKO'd????
Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
Who is the last person Floyd TKO'd????
Think it was the guy who headbutted him and was apologizing with his hands n got clocked before that probably Hatton.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
I don't think Mayweather will KO or TKO Pacquiao..., he's going to run, body roll, and slip punches like he usually does.. Here's the catch Pac is not flat footed like Canelo or Maidana. Pac will be in and out of the pocket with various angles. Pac is the type of fighter to sustain damage to get opportunities, so I do see Floyd landing a few counters. Floyd is not going to throw counters in succession though. JMM threw counters in succession and Pac retaliated with stronger punches, although he was hit with one devastating right. It wasn't the succession of counter into combos that KOed Pac. The only way I see Floyd wining this fight is by decision ... Body rolling and slipping his way into a safe victory.... Pacquiao will present the largest problem with his style and I think 1 significant left will turn the tables quick
Old 12-13-2014, 11:28 PM

Hopefully Floyd fights Kahn as well since its not like Floyd can KO him.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:04 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Well on their part, draw up the contract to have at least 2 fights, maybe a 3rd. Why not? He wants to go out banging and make as much money possible? Mayweather Pacman I, II, and III if it's split. I wouldn't see why not? First fight will probably bring all the fireworks everyone is waiting for. Mayweather may have 50 wins, he may have a 1 on his loss, but if $$ is what May wants, he has to drop in 50/50. Either way, even if it's at 50/50, he'll get more money than his other bouts even when he was 60/40 or 70/30.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Manny agrees to USADA testing and 40%. Lets see if Mayweather duckin'.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:42 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Such garbage that it isn't a 50/50 Split.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
I hope Pac destroys him. I can't stand Mayweather.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by JelloChex
Such garbage that it isn't a 50/50 Split.
So disappointed that they agreed to take less.

Quick Reply: Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao