i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Videos (https://www.i-club.com/forums/videos-142/)
-   -   Same Evo, finally beaten (https://www.i-club.com/forums/videos-142/same-evo-finally-beaten-103896/)

9Vapors 06-29-2005 12:12 PM

Same Evo, finally beaten

The EVO from about 4 of the other posts, this time the result is different. Of course it took some juiced V8...

[url]http://srvidz.vidiac.com/player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57[/url]

norcalridin 06-29-2005 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=9Vapors]The EVO from about 4 of the other posts, this time the result is different. Of course it took some juiced V8...[/QUOTE]

dam.. still though that evo kicks some serious ass...

knele21 06-29-2005 03:48 PM

that camaro doesn't even look street legal

iMa5EXYInDo 06-29-2005 04:17 PM

man that evo is crazy....how do you save these vids again? you cant right click save as....

Dice 06-29-2005 06:09 PM

that evo is F'ing sick. the end

9Vapors 06-30-2005 02:09 AM

Yeah, I don't think its street legal either. It doesn't have taillights, and is brought in on a trailer. I wonder where they are always doing all of this racing? About how to save the vid, I am not too sure.

bseeling 07-01-2005 04:03 AM

all i got to say is that EVO got up in that Cobra's A@@... thats all that matters to me :)

XkrazyAsianX 07-01-2005 04:13 AM

i'd like to see those two cars race from a standstill.

:tia:

VIBEELEVEN 07-01-2005 08:33 AM

Same car
[url]http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=54DC81BB-E16D-4634-B341-E93D19DC7605&p=0[/url]

jvick125 07-01-2005 09:15 AM

So that evo has 1) a 55 shot, not too shabby, and 2) 600AWHP. That's pretty crazy. He goes up against a Z-06, it's pretty even at different power bands, they pull on each other but the evo comes out ahead. Kinda sucks for the man who spent $110k+ on his car.

EDIT: I also have to say, I haven't seen any STi's modded like this and other Evo's. Are there any?

VIBEELEVEN 07-01-2005 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=jvick125]EDIT: I also have to say, I haven't seen any STi's modded like this and other Evo's. Are there any?[/QUOTE]

Fast subies ;)

[url]http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=1B6D7A27-1970-442A-8283-467747FE481F&kw=30&p=0[/url]

[url]http://www.allwheeljunkies.com/Video/Subi900HP.mpg[/url]

jvick125 07-01-2005 10:39 AM

meilers 07-01-2005 12:14 PM

Racing from a roll is incredibly lame (not to mention stupid and illegal). From a roll proves nothing; with the majority of the car's weight already under momentum, torque and driver skill go out the window and it just comes down to who tuned for low-end (hole shot, 1/8th time) or high-end (1/4 mile time). From a dead stop that EVO would tear the Vette apart, but get eaten in a full 1/4 mile -- if the Vette managed to stick it and not spin the wheels. It is a good bet the vette is more aerodynamic and has a flatter torque curve, and thus a higher top speed; and AWD drivetrain loss will always handicap an EVO, WRX/STI and other equivalent cars past 1/8th mile, it just can't be ignored.

In the vernacular, AWD dragging is teh st00pid -- unless it is done in DIRT :)

VIBEELEVEN 07-01-2005 01:52 PM

Well put.

What I think is funny is the fact that many of you ridicule the camaro for not being street legal, where I live the evo is far less legal than the chevy and it's only a matter of time til the motor goes boom at 35 psi. THEY ARE BOTH RACECARS AND NEITHER ARE "DAILY DRIVERS" or even street cars. Sorry, but at 3 times the normal power output, streetability goes out the door. With that said, all of those cars are monsters so open your mind and get off the "imports own all" bandwagon.

Chevelle 07-01-2005 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=jvick125]So that evo has 1) a 55 shot, not too shabby, and 2) 600AWHP. That's pretty crazy. He goes up against a Z-06, it's pretty even at different power bands, they pull on each other but the evo comes out ahead. Kinda sucks for the man who spent $110k+ on his car.

EDIT: I also have to say, I haven't seen any STi's modded like this and other Evo's. Are there any?[/QUOTE]

Here's another fast subie. Actually I think it's the same one in the video posted by VIBEELEVEN but it now has 719 WHP.

[url]http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/videos.shtml[/url]

i did your mom 07-02-2005 03:22 PM

dont get so butthurt that a lil ol' 4 banger beat up on all those v8's. R u trying to tell us that ur not impressed with that car? that thing is straight up nasty. the end.

T-Will 07-02-2005 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN][url]http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=1B6D7A27-1970-442A-8283-467747FE481F&kw=30&p=0[/url][/QUOTE]

What's a "tunner"? Is that someone that tunnes cars? LOL.

Boost Addict 07-03-2005 01:08 AM

Screw the cars, Hear that lovely music in the background??? Tool OWNS!!!!! Yeah, the rides are sick too

SubyRSAWD 07-07-2005 12:55 AM

Well after reading this thread, it seems to me that none of you know to much about DSM's...
That Evo is Florida car...in Florida, they race from a roll not a dig. Why? I don't know...
AMS = The BIGGEST DSM store in the country. They own one of the fastest Evo's in the country.
That Evo is faaaar more street legal than that Camaro, but neither are legally "street legal".
A stock 4G63 block is capable of holding almost 600hp. A 2.3L motor will have no problem holding that much boost. Personally, I know a person with a stock 4G63 block that holds almost 35psi no problem.

All in all, that Evo is pretty much untouchable and was about to pull on that Camaro towards the end. I would say without juice, the Evo would not have a problem taking that Maro.

schafer 07-07-2005 01:00 AM

[QUOTE=Boost Addict]Screw the cars, Hear that lovely music in the background??? Tool OWNS!!!!! Yeah, the rides are sick too[/QUOTE]

evo 1
tool 0

=)

jonp 07-07-2005 07:13 PM

Depending on Tires and Working lights the Camaro WOULD be street legal in CA ;-) where as the Evo would NEVER come close to passing Emissions.

Either way, both of the cars are great! I think it's amazing how much power everyone is getting out of 2 liter engines. In the 1970's F1 was getting 1500hp out of 2 liters. What does it take for something like that? I'm going to do some research and checkout airflow and fuel used. I wonder how efficient our modern 4 valve setups are compared to the old F1 stuff in flow capability and RPM potential.

jvick125 07-07-2005 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=jonp]I think it's amazing how much power everyone is getting out of 2 liter engines. In the 1970's F1 was getting 1500hp out of 2 liters. What does it take for something like that?[/QUOTE]

A couple million dollars to be thrown away... annually.

jlunit416 07-08-2005 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Well put.

What I think is funny is the fact that many of you ridicule the camaro for not being street legal, where I live the evo is far less legal than the chevy and it's only a matter of time til the motor goes boom at 35 psi. THEY ARE BOTH RACECARS AND NEITHER ARE "DAILY DRIVERS" or even street cars. Sorry, but at 3 times the normal power output, streetability goes out the door. With that said, all of those cars are monsters so open your mind and get off the "imports own all" bandwagon.[/QUOTE]

New member, first post,

The whole import/domestic argument is stupid, there are a lot of uneducated and highly opinionated perspectives on both sides. Ultimately it all boils down to preference.

meilers 07-08-2005 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=jonp]
Either way, both of the cars are great! I think it's amazing how much power everyone is getting out of 2 liter engines. In the 1970's F1 was getting 1500hp out of 2 liters. What does it take for something like that? [/QUOTE]

Jet fuel and 12,000 RPM. Duh! :)

SubyRSAWD 07-10-2005 12:54 AM

it's 2.3 liters

VIBEELEVEN 07-10-2005 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=jlunit416]New member, first post,

The whole import/domestic argument is stupid, there are a lot of uneducated and highly opinionated perspectives on both sides. Ultimately it all boils down to preference.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

DeCePtiCoNzWRX 01-03-2006 04:15 AM

Evo Got Mac Dre'd On By That Maro

That Evo Got Mac Dre'd On By That Maro Any Day Any Tyme And One Thing Everybody On This Forum Don't Get Is That The Maro In That Video Is St*pid Faaaaaaaaaaaaast Period The End And The New Pontiac Gto Will Mac Dre My 04wrx And An 02,03,04,05,06 Sti And Evo Any Day On 1/4 Or Street Race But Not Togai Or On The Turns Or Even Not Off The Line Because It's Only Rear Wheel Drive Seriously Also If You Spend Bank On A Porsche 911 Turbo (i Forgot Which Model) To Get It Up To 700whp "no Joking Theres A Video Of One Spanking A Carrera Gt On Streetfire.net" That Also Will Eat That Evo On That Video Or Sti And My 04wrx Also Maybe That Maro For Morning, Lunch And Dinner Tyme And One Last Thing My Cousin Has An Rx-7 And He Showed Me A Video Of An Rx-7 On Streetfire.net Killing Evo's At The Drag Strip And There's This One Video Of An Rx-7 At The Drag Strip Vs A C Something Corvette And Dude In Rx-7 Let The Corvette Take Off First Then When Everybody Thought The Rx-7 Driver Was Stupid And Dumb To Let The Corvette Go First They Got "seriously Moded". That Rx-7 Had Only A Little Money Spent On It And Fly's Like A Jet Damn And That Evo In That Video Had Millions And Millions And Millons Of Dollers Spent On It To The Point Where The Guy That Owns That Evo Doesnt Have A House And Lives In His Car,yeah Yeah I Know What Im Saying Hurts (but It's The Truth). Man I Wish The Ams Evo "so Called That Fastest Evo In The Entire World" Go's Up Against "the Real I Mean Real Fastest Thing On Earth Called The Esx Subaru Wrx "because The Ams Evo Aint Got Notthing On The Esx Wrx Subaru Also For Those That Beleive Only In The Ams Evo The Esx Wrx Pulls High 8's And Low Low 9's At 1/4. Everything I Said Here Is The Truth That If You Got Money To Spend On Any Car Anything Is Possible But That Still Doesnt Mean That The Evo In The Video Is The Beast Of All Evo's Because If I Had All That Money To Spend I'd Buy Me A House (you Smell Me). Find The Video's For Yourself If You Don't Believe Me Because I Beleive. Subaru Power 4ever

9Vapors 01-03-2006 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=DeCePtiCoNzWRX]That Evo Got Mac Dre'd On By That Maro Any Day Any Tyme And One Thing Everybody On This Forum Don't Get Is That The Maro In That Video Is St*pid Faaaaaaaaaaaaast Period The End And The New Pontiac Gto Will Mac Dre My 04wrx And An 02,03,04,05,06 Sti And Evo Any Day On 1/4 Or Street Race But Not Togai Or On The Turns Or Even Not Off The Line Because It's Only Rear Wheel Drive Seriously Also If You Spend Bank On A Porsche 911 Turbo (i Forgot Which Model) To Get It Up To 700whp "no Joking Theres A Video Of One Spanking A Carrera Gt On Streetfire.net" That Also Will Eat That Evo On That Video Or Sti And My 04wrx Also Maybe That Maro For Morning, Lunch And Dinner Tyme And One Last Thing My Cousin Has An Rx-7 And He Showed Me A Video Of An Rx-7 On Streetfire.net Killing Evo's At The Drag Strip And There's This One Video Of An Rx-7 At The Drag Strip Vs A C Something Corvette And Dude In Rx-7 Let The Corvette Take Off First Then When Everybody Thought The Rx-7 Driver Was Stupid And Dumb To Let The Corvette Go First They Got "seriously Moded". That Rx-7 Had Only A Little Money Spent On It And Fly's Like A Jet Damn And That Evo In That Video Had Millions And Millions And Millons Of Dollers Spent On It To The Point Where The Guy That Owns That Evo Doesnt Have A House And Lives In His Car,yeah Yeah I Know What Im Saying Hurts (but It's The Truth). Man I Wish The Ams Evo "so Called That Fastest Evo In The Entire World" Go's Up Against "the Real I Mean Real Fastest Thing On Earth Called The Esx Subaru Wrx "because The Ams Evo Aint Got Notthing On The Esx Wrx Subaru Also For Those That Beleive Only In The Ams Evo The Esx Wrx Pulls High 8's And Low Low 9's At 1/4. Everything I Said Here Is The Truth That If You Got Money To Spend On Any Car Anything Is Possible But That Still Doesnt Mean That The Evo In The Video Is The Beast Of All Evo's Because If I Had All That Money To Spend I'd Buy Me A House (you Smell Me). Find The Video's For Yourself If You Don't Believe Me Because I Beleive. Subaru Power 4ever[/QUOTE]

Holy run on sentences of doom Batman! Jeebus, oww my brain.

craziazzmofo66 01-03-2006 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=DeCePtiCoNzWRX]That Evo Got Mac Dre'd On By That Maro Any Day Any Tyme And One Thing Everybody On This Forum Don't Get Is That The Maro In That Video Is St*pid Faaaaaaaaaaaaast Period The End And The New Pontiac Gto Will Mac Dre My 04wrx And An 02,03,04,05,06 Sti And Evo Any Day On 1/4 Or Street Race But Not Togai Or On The Turns Or Even Not Off The Line Because It's Only Rear Wheel Drive Seriously Also If You Spend Bank On A Porsche 911 Turbo (i Forgot Which Model) To Get It Up To 700whp "no Joking Theres A Video Of One Spanking A Carrera Gt On Streetfire.net" That Also Will Eat That Evo On That Video Or Sti And My 04wrx Also Maybe That Maro For Morning, Lunch And Dinner Tyme And One Last Thing My Cousin Has An Rx-7 And He Showed Me A Video Of An Rx-7 On Streetfire.net Killing Evo's At The Drag Strip And There's This One Video Of An Rx-7 At The Drag Strip Vs A C Something Corvette And Dude In Rx-7 Let The Corvette Take Off First Then When Everybody Thought The Rx-7 Driver Was Stupid And Dumb To Let The Corvette Go First They Got "seriously Moded". That Rx-7 Had Only A Little Money Spent On It And Fly's Like A Jet Damn And That Evo In That Video Had Millions And Millions And Millons Of Dollers Spent On It To The Point Where The Guy That Owns That Evo Doesnt Have A House And Lives In His Car,yeah Yeah I Know What Im Saying Hurts (but It's The Truth). Man I Wish The Ams Evo "so Called That Fastest Evo In The Entire World" Go's Up Against "the Real I Mean Real Fastest Thing On Earth Called The Esx Subaru Wrx "because The Ams Evo Aint Got Notthing On The Esx Wrx Subaru Also For Those That Beleive Only In The Ams Evo The Esx Wrx Pulls High 8's And Low Low 9's At 1/4. Everything I Said Here Is The Truth That If You Got Money To Spend On Any Car Anything Is Possible But That Still Doesnt Mean That The Evo In The Video Is The Beast Of All Evo's Because If I Had All That Money To Spend I'd Buy Me A House (you Smell Me). Find The Video's For Yourself If You Don't Believe Me Because I Beleive. Subaru Power 4ever[/QUOTE]

????? y does it feel like a 12 yr old kid typed this up?? anyways...ive seen the rx7's vid...

SubyN00by 01-04-2006 12:09 AM

****, that hurt just reading....and to whoever said a race from a roll isn't anything....is stupid. wanna argue? let's start a thread somewhere

JayD707 01-04-2006 12:11 AM

That EVo is crazy and that sounds like Chevelle to me, not Tool. I may be wrong though.

STIdrifting 01-04-2006 04:59 AM

my brain jus explodeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

SubyN00by 01-04-2006 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=DeCePtiCoNzWRX][b]That evo got Mac Dre'd on by that maro any day any time. One thing everybody on this forum don't get is that the maro in that video is stupid faaaaaaaaaaaaast, the end. The new pontiac GTO will Mac Dre my 04 WRX, an 02-06 Sti And Evo any day on 1/4 or street race but not Togue or on the turns or even not off the line because it's only rear wheel drive. Seriously, if you spend bank on a porsche 911 Turbo, (I forgot which model) to get it up to 700whp [/b]"no Joking Theres A Video Of One Spanking A Carrera Gt On Streetfire.net" That Also Will Eat That Evo On That Video Or Sti And My 04wrx Also Maybe That Maro For Morning, Lunch And Dinner Tyme And One Last Thing My Cousin Has An Rx-7 And He Showed Me A Video Of An Rx-7 On Streetfire.net Killing Evo's At The Drag Strip And There's This One Video Of An Rx-7 At The Drag Strip Vs A C Something Corvette And Dude In Rx-7 Let The Corvette Take Off First Then When Everybody Thought The Rx-7 Driver Was Stupid And Dumb To Let The Corvette Go First They Got "seriously Moded". That Rx-7 Had Only A Little Money Spent On It And Fly's Like A Jet Damn And That Evo In That Video Had Millions And Millions And Millons Of Dollers Spent On It To The Point Where The Guy That Owns That Evo Doesnt Have A House And Lives In His Car,yeah Yeah I Know What Im Saying Hurts (but It's The Truth). Man I Wish The Ams Evo "so Called That Fastest Evo In The Entire World" Go's Up Against "the Real I Mean Real Fastest Thing On Earth Called The Esx Subaru Wrx "because The Ams Evo Aint Got Notthing On The Esx Wrx Subaru Also For Those That Beleive Only In The Ams Evo The Esx Wrx Pulls High 8's And Low Low 9's At 1/4.[b] Everything I said here is the truth: if you got money to spend on any car, anything is possible but that still doesn't mean that the evo in the video is the beast of all Evo's because if I had sll that money to spend, I'd buy me a house. You smell me?. Find the video's for yourself if you don't believe me because I believe. Subaru Power 4ever[/b][/QUOTE]
I started to attempt to edit this thing without changing too much...but had to stop. I couldn't handle it anymore.

And by the way maro boy, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but it was in the past and it is to prove a point:

I've street raced two new GTOs, and a modded LS1 F-Body camaro, and have beat all three, not only off the line...but over the whole race.
So don't go making a blanket statement that a GTO will take out ANY sti or evo...

SnoHumper 01-05-2006 03:09 AM

[QUOTE=knele21]that camaro doesn't even look street legal[/QUOTE]

i dont think anything about that video is very legal =P

SubyN00by 01-05-2006 08:43 AM

well...depends on where they are. Here in cali, the camaro is street legal when it comes to smog because it is exempt since the smog laws only stay in effect for 30 years, but it may have other violations like using the nos on a state highway and the tires in the back...

1sicwrx 01-05-2006 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=Boost Addict]Screw the cars, Hear that lovely music in the background??? Tool OWNS!!!!! Yeah, the rides are sick too[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the evo vs. cobra vs. camaro, the artist was Chevelle, the song was "Closure". But it is true that Tool owns!

SubyN00by 01-05-2006 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=1sicwrx]If you are talking about the evo vs. cobra vs. camaro, the artist was Chevelle, the song was "Closure". But it is true that Tool owns![/QUOTE]
pwnt.

Lurk 01-07-2006 01:50 AM

[img]http://www.ondmis.dk/billeder/rodekasse/gun.jpg[/img]

Boost Addict 01-26-2006 11:42 PM

Haha, about my TOOL remark... I have an inside joke with a buddy who dragged me to a Chevelle concert, I find some of their darker melodies to be very tool-esque... I basically nagged him about it later saying he dragged me to a low budget tool concert... :)

Sarcasm isnt read well on the boards... I expected some people to get it, I wasnt aware that I was the only one who feels Chevelle is a rather rip off of TOOL, but yeah... You true fanatics know maynards voice when you hear it, and that definitely isnt it...

Closure isnt a bad song though, probably one of Chevelles best efforts.

Now let us pray for another TOOL album. :)

depdivr 01-29-2006 01:47 AM

Here we are tearing this guy apart and we havn't taken the time to truely appreciate how much effort it takes to capitalize the begining of EVERY word! Its truely remarkable that there is not a single word which isn't capitalized. I feel sorry for his *shift* key... Brother, keep the capitals flowing - you deserve a budwiser.

AzN121184 01-30-2006 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=depdivr]Here we are tearing this guy apart and we havn't taken the time to truely appreciate how much effort it takes to capitalize the begining of EVERY word! Its truely remarkable that there is not a single word which isn't capitalized. I feel sorry for his *shift* key... Brother, keep the capitals flowing - you deserve a budwiser.[/QUOTE]

nah, if u just kept caps lock on, it'll do that ;)

Boosted Wht Guy 01-30-2006 04:47 PM

i wish my lil honda could catch traction like that =(

SnoHumper 01-30-2006 11:57 PM

people sometimes forget racing is not just about skill. you must build the car too.

WRBWRX2002 02-01-2006 05:08 PM

wow that evo is crazy, probably not smart to street race or drive the car that hard all the time

newyorkreload 02-01-2006 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=depdivr]Here we are tearing this guy apart and we havn't taken the time to truely appreciate how much effort it takes to capitalize the begining of EVERY word! Its truely remarkable that there is not a single word which isn't capitalized. I feel sorry for his *shift* key... Brother, keep the capitals flowing - you deserve a budwiser.[/QUOTE]

Word, I Noticed That Too.

VIBEELEVEN 02-01-2006 10:31 PM

There's only one period in that whole ****ty post. :eek:

'05 STi 02-16-2006 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Fast subies ;)

[url]http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=1B6D7A27-1970-442A-8283-467747FE481F&kw=30&p=0[/url]

[url]http://www.allwheeljunkies.com/Video/Subi900HP.mpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Those STis are just SICK.

As for the Evo, yeah, it's badass, but run what ya brung, and the Evo didn't bring enough for that Camaro. Street legal or not......

ASPEN06 02-17-2006 06:10 PM

ITs all about money... i had a LS1 camaro that i only spent 6000 on and was at 426Hp-409Tq, And ran 11.4 @ 125 MPH... 2.2 60ft Better 60 foot and in the 10 's. Yeah i know its a crap 60. But 30 Grand in a 10000 camaro or T/A and your in the 9's Easy... Its all about where you spend your money... I have respect for both Inp. and Domestics.... But who cares enjoy the vid.

sicwrx_04 02-17-2006 06:43 PM

that evo is the same evo that has just put 932 at the wheels. heres the link if you havent already seen it on this thread

[url]http://www.ka-t.org/klattr1/amsevobreak900.zip[/url] = my own repost

'05 STi 02-17-2006 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=ASPEN06]ITs all about money... i had a LS1 camaro that i only spent 6000 on and was at 426Hp-409Tq, And ran 11.4 @ 125 MPH... 2.2 60ft Better 60 foot and in the 10 's. Yeah i know its a crap 60. But 30 Grand in a 10000 camaro or T/A and your in the 9's Easy... Its all about where you spend your money... I have respect for both Inp. and Domestics.... But who cares enjoy the vid.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Much love for the American Muscle here!