i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   You've all heard it countless times... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/youve-all-heard-countless-times-235667/)

2fst4chp 10-07-2011 02:32 PM

You've all heard it countless times...

Just want to start out with a huge thanks to Ed and everyone at EQ Tuning!

gonna apologize for the long post up front but this is my little story.

I bought my 07 sti on feb. 1st this year from John L. Sullivan Chevorlet in roseville and on june 3rd decided to take the car down to socal for a little weekend get away with the gf. Everything was going great untill we hit the grapevine(310 miles from home in Sacramento) when i heard a lound thunking sound coming from the motor. I turned the radio down and all u could hear was a rod knock FML!! Pulled off to the side of the road and waited for a tow truck to bring us to the closest hotel where we stayed the night and had someone come with a truck and trailer to come take the car home the next day.

I spent the next few days researching my options and came across EQ tuning. As much as i tried i couldnt find one bad review so i decided to give them a call and im very happy that i did.(the dealership i bought the car from gave me the run around and basically said im sol)

I was expecting my call to be answered by someone that really didnt know much and was there just at answer phones. Instead i got the shop owner Ed who was very profesional and sympathetic. After talking with him for a bit decided to give EQ Tuning a shot and this is where the coustomer service really took off.

I work about 60 hours per week getting off around 730 and my only day off is sunday witch happens to be one of the day EQ was closed. With out even asking, Ed offered to stay late one day so that i could drop the car off. After seeing the shop wall to wall with subies i was very impressed with the set up. The car was dropped off and the project was started.

Basically almost everything that could go wrong in a motor with a spun bearing did. lol The build took a lot longer then expected but well worth the wait. I had a lot of emails and phone calls with hundreds of questions that never went more then a day without being answered even when with his new born baby girl! When it was finally finished our scheduled once again conflicted and again without even asking Ed offered to drive the car out to me all the way in Sacramento!! He showed up and the car felt amazing!! even with a built motor, 1300cc injectors and the brake in tune it ran smoother then my car ever did all the way up to the tune date.

I ended up going with a 68hta since my vf43 cracked, i hate turbo lag and at first i didnt want a huge power increase. Right now i have to say im pretty happy with my set up! The power comes on strong and smooth all the way to redline and lag is almost non existant. I am very happy with everything and even my boy with a 600whp w/o his 200 shot of nos(800whp total) was very impressed with the car.lol

I would recommend Ed and his EQ Tuning team to anyone that needs anthing done to there car. From the coustomer service to the quality of work you really cant go wrong here and if ur looking for a tune i couldnt even recommend you to a close second! He is a tad bit pricy but well worth it because u really do get what u pay for.

The car made 347 whp and 399wtq @ 22.5 psi on E85. the little 68hta just wasnt very happy with any more boost then that so we played it safe untill i find something bigger for a lot more power. :)

Heres the mods:

-EQ stage 1 block
-EQ stage 1 head
-FP 68HTA turbo
-Ebay tmic heat treated
-Cobb ap
-Perrin inlet
-APS 70mm cai
-Hallman mbc
-TurboXS stealth back w/spt 3" axle back
-Cosworth air bump Delete
-NGK one step colder spark plugs
-Walboro 255
-DW 1300cc injectors
-Grimspeed TGV deletes
-RPS clutch
-RPM caassis brace
-Perrin 25mm front sway
-EQ custom e85 tune

04caliwrx 10-07-2011 02:42 PM

now you will be way faster then chp!! but thats great power for that little turbo! I bet its a blast to drive

2fst4chp 10-07-2011 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=04caliwrx;3146414]now you will be way faster then chp!! but thats great power for that little turbo! I bet its a blast to drive[/QUOTE]

thanks. im very happy with the car but cant wait to see what it will do with a bigger turbo. i have my eyes on the same turbo that ur running. u wouldnt be looking to sell it anytime soon would u? :p

subie OCD 10-09-2011 06:19 PM

Very nice, got a dyno graph?

2fst4chp 10-10-2011 10:17 AM

im waiting for Ed to send it to me. i emailed him late saturday so ill probably have one up sometime tomorrow since EQ was closed yesterday and today.

2fst4chp 10-12-2011 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is..[ATTACH]76101[/ATTACH]

carracer 10-27-2011 09:49 PM

Great it has a graphics, so I know the enhancement and reduction.... Thanx mate :thumb:

EQ Tuning 10-28-2011 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=carracer;3157585]Great it has a graphics, so I know the enhancement and reduction.... Thanx mate :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Huh?

phoryu2nv 10-28-2011 10:41 AM

How many miles did you have on the car when you bought it? And yes EQ is GREAT!

2fst4chp 10-28-2011 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=phoryu2nv;3157805]How many miles did you have on the car when you bought it? And yes EQ is GREAT![/QUOTE]

it was around 47k miles

2fst4chp 11-17-2011 01:39 PM

Just a quick update, i decided at the last min to head out to sac racway last night for a few passes. I went a few weeks ago and had some small issues and the fastest time i could pull off was a 12.5 at 110 mph. With the car at 100% this time around it was a completely different story!

r/t: 0.071
60ft:1.804
1/4:12.12
trap:113.9

I was able to get two passes in before having to leave but both were pretty much the exact same times! This was with a full tank of gas, normal everyday tire pressure and quite a bit of crap in the trunk.

A huge thanks again to Ed and everyone at EQ Tuning that helped out with my car! Im starting to slowely pick up a few more parts for the car (perrin el headers, perrin fmic and a gt3076r) and really wanting to see some low 11s by mid next year!

EQ Tuning 11-23-2011 09:50 PM

Congrats on the times! With that trap I'm sure the car has a high 11 pass in it the way it sits!

-- Ed

EQ Tuning 12-15-2011 02:29 PM

Just got a report in that the car has been running flawlessly :)

-- Ed

2fst4chp 12-29-2011 04:04 PM

and agian i left EQ yesterday happier then the last time i drove away!

decided on going with a perrin el header and swapping the 3" spt axle back out for a invidia g200 axle back and what a difference it made!

final numbers were 376whp and 440wtq!! that was 30whp and 41wtq gain!