i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Yes I know, another EQ Tuning thread :D (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/yes-i-know-another-eq-tuning-thread-d-228898/)

LOL_VTEC 02-25-2011 07:22 PM

Yes I know, another EQ Tuning thread :D

3 Attachment(s)
Got to ask yourself, why have you seen so many threads about EQ doing great work on Cars? Huh, must mean something.... It means they are one of the best shops you can go to.

I can drop off a $4 grand JDM longblock and my car and know the job will be done right. I dont have to worry. This is why I have EQ stickers on my car, this is why they are the only shop Ill trust with my Subaru, this is why Im a "Fanboy" :blah:

Point is, I got my V7 EJ207 STi longblock inspected, cleaned, leakdown tested worked on, swapped into, and tunned at this shop. Bottom line, I couldnt be happier with what I got back

I would like to thank everyone at EQ!

[B]Nash[/B]- Your a great mechanic! When I came over to pick up the car I see you already working hard on another Subaru. Talking to Ed about it, he says that all you do is bust your butt to get every car done and done the right way. EQ is very lucky to have a mechanic like you! Thank you for all your hard work!

[B]Brendan[/B]- Your the guy I text(and probebly bother lol) to get my car in the shop. You made sure parts were ordered and my car taken care of. I cant thank you enough for taking care of my car even though you guys are slammed! Your a good guy, a hard worker, and a great friend!

[B]Dallas[/B]- I see you working on cars, I see you driving your STi around, I see you taking calls, and helping me out when I need advice! You were pretty much everywhere the Shop needed you! Dosent seem that long ago I met you and Brendan at the COCO meets and you complaining about your WRB not being fresh enough even though it was brand new :lol:

[B]Kelly[/B]- Havent met you yet but you are apart of the EQ team and did work to get my Dumptube and uppipe ready to swap in! Thank you sir!

[B]Sonya[/B]- I know your at home relaxing but if you where at the shop you would keep me company when im waiting on the couch and make me feel more at home.(If I was just sitting there you would ask if i wanted to watch TV or have some coffee or mabe steal a slice of pizza when the guys wernt looking :lol:

[B]Ed[/B]- The main man, the guy that makes all this happen. You Sir are the best tuner i'l know. I can Google search "EQ" "Eds tunes at EQ" and always find very positive reviews of the shop and tunes accross all fourms. This is the second time youve tuned my car, i love the power, i love the reliablity, i love to tell people i go to EQ and have Ed tune my car! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

OK, now for the mods

V7 EJ207 STi JDM 2.0L longblock
VF34
DW850cc injectors
NGK sparkplugs
AVCS ia conversion kit
Group N engine mounts
Invidia uppipe with EWG
Tial 38mm wastegate(VERY loud :D)
Perrin 2.4" turbo inlet
Perrin Afta-MAF house
70mm APS cai
3in Apexi CBE
Megan racing DP
Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
V7 TMIC
v7 ecu
Hallman Pro RX MBC
APS Bov

[B]These are the numbers. All dyno no road tune after because of weather. Radiator is old and needs to be replaced very soon. Also I didn't have boost or Etg gauges. Plus I'm on a stock 5-seed. This is a nice safe tune with numbers I'm happy with because of old trans. Just wait untill I get a 6-speed and turbo[/B]:D

[ATTACH]125018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]125019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]125020[/ATTACH]

Javirex23 02-25-2011 07:29 PM

yes. i have yet to make my thread lol. i took them my car with mods i myself and some friends installed....they made sure everything was tidy and tested it fixed them and tuned it! i really enjoyed my experience with EQ and will do business with them again! thanks guys!

04caliwrx 02-25-2011 07:38 PM

Glad you are up in rinning!! what power did that bad boy make!

subi4justin 02-25-2011 07:42 PM

If you took away the first 3 guys off your list, I don't think that shop would run very smooth. Those guys are the **** and do nothing but run that shop! Big props to you guys

FW Motorsports 02-25-2011 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=subi4justin;3031491]If you took away the first 3 guys off your list, I don't think that shop would run very smooth. Those guys are the **** and do nothing but run that shop! Big props to you guys[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony...

Btw...[url=https://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152]Reviews go here.[/url]

SR20steve 02-25-2011 08:08 PM

God bless the 207, its like the 4g63 of subaru motors.

DerekB707 02-25-2011 08:52 PM

Post the #'s already, very curious to what it put down! :)

XxSti05xX 02-25-2011 08:59 PM

Yes lets see what that motor did on E85

bluwrxwgn 02-25-2011 09:29 PM

Doesn't this belong in the tuning thread?

EQ Tuning 02-25-2011 09:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words Eric. It was a fun project and I'm happy it came out nicely. Now get some gauges so we can turn her up a bit more :D.

Here's your chart:

[img]http://eqtuning.com/images/dynos/erica/ericV7.png[/img]

Thanks
-- Ed

rau 02-25-2011 10:20 PM

Hmph. For some reason I expected more. That being said, it's gotta be a blast to drive. Redline at 8000rpm?

fizay 02-25-2011 10:27 PM

me too. Injectors? looks like redline is 7800rpm.

SeaOfGreen 02-25-2011 10:37 PM

How much PSI?

04caliwrx 02-25-2011 10:48 PM

23 psi

EQ Tuning 02-26-2011 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=rau;3031593]Hmph. For some reason I expected more. That being said, it's gotta be a blast to drive. Redline at 8000rpm?[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you'd expect much more than this. It's a VF turbo after all... They usually make around this power on E85 on our dyno. I also didn't max out the tune for several reasons. Mainly the lack of gauges and the stock 5MT. It was also raining heavily that day, so I could not road test the car after the dyno tune. In general, I don't feel comfortable pushing a tune without verifying it on road. Eric will be back later so we can squeeze a bit more out of her. Of course a bigger turbo would help too ;).

-- Ed