Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Vivid Racing Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Vivid Racing Review

I have to say that I am very unsatisfied with the fact there is a 35% restocking fee for all returns. I think that is very unfair and I highly warn others to watch out for this site! (I am sorry moderator, but I have nothing Good to say about vividracing.com. I believe I have the right to speak my mind.)
Old 08-07-2008, 11:33 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
its a known fact that vividracing is horrible. its too bad you had to find out yourself :/

and for the future, u might want to stay away from gruppe-s also...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
IMO vividracing is better than gruppe-s. i got my stuff from vivid on time and great price. gruppe-s price is amazing, but you got wait 3 months =]
Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM

I have never had to wait with Gruppe-S. And if you read through the reviews of both Vivid and Gruppe-S, you will see that Vivid has a long history of lieing about what is in stock, not telling the customer, and then a month later when the customer contacts them, they say "oh its out of stock" and will not refund the money without a restocking fee. A restocking fee on an item that was never in stock to begin with.

gruppe-S on the other hand, has a really good rep.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by knightsnke
I have to say that I am very unsatisfied with the fact there is a 35% restocking fee for all returns. I think that is very unfair and I highly warn others to watch out for this site! (I am sorry moderator, but I have nothing Good to say about vividracing.com. I believe I have the right to speak my mind.)
hmmm you must post on nasioc if you are saying sorry haha

gruppe s is bad sometimes

an SCIC guy had to wait 8 months for the JDM wind deflectors. he just cancelled after that never even got them
Old 10-06-2008, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 06wrx
brought stuff from both vivid and gruppe's nothing bad about them.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 PM

yea just don't let them touch or tune your car. Seriously.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:42 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
gruppe-s is bad for JDM. In stock stuff is fine.

I've heard Vivid's reputation and have stayed away from them.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 05 JDM V8 STI 3076R Wagon
VIVID is and has been known for crappy service and being WAY overpriced for a long time. Read some threads from Nasioc about them.

On the other hand Gruppe-s.com is a great company. Try to find something they sell for cheaper somewhere else and I bet 90% of the time your not going to. Not to mention very fast shipping (if in stock like any company).

I got my Kyb Agx's in 3 days for $499 shipped just the other day.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 08 wrx
vivid racing review

Vivid racing is not the place to go... I recently spent over 13,000$ in upgrades.
before ordering I supposidly was making my orders with someone who has built several wrx's and new what I needed.

these guys say they know things but yet they cant order the correct parts and obviously dont research the parts they are selling to people and give out missleading information.

we people spend thousands of dollars on our cars and for someone thats supost to be a performance shop should make sure they r leading us with correct parts

issue 1: ordered acl main and rod bearings, I received them bearings for main was wrong size they were seat 3 thrust bearings my motor is a seat 5 thrust.

issue 2: I bought eagle h beam rods, well when you buy forged parts you should get the extra clearance bearings due to forged parts expand more to heat. well I got sent the h not hx.

issue 3: after ordering eagle h beam rods i noticed the bolts that came with rods seemed to get close to block halves i called vivid racing asked if there were and machining to block to make these rods work. they said no they are factory direct fit no machining. wich on these new blocks there is machining that has to be done.

issue 4: shipping these parts was told it would be to me by a certain day. that day comes around n nothing. no tracking numbers no part. I call vivid racing. they say, oh part was never orderd.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by Chris Bastrom
Vivid racing is not the place to go... I recently spent over 13,000$ in upgrades.
before ordering I supposidly was making my orders with someone who has built several wrx's and new what I needed.

these guys say they know things but yet they cant order the correct parts and obviously dont research the parts they are selling to people and give out missleading information.

we people spend thousands of dollars on our cars and for someone thats supost to be a performance shop should make sure they r leading us with correct parts

issue 1: ordered acl main and rod bearings, I received them bearings for main was wrong size they were seat 3 thrust bearings my motor is a seat 5 thrust.

issue 2: I bought eagle h beam rods, well when you buy forged parts you should get the extra clearance bearings due to forged parts expand more to heat. well I got sent the h not hx.

issue 3: after ordering eagle h beam rods i noticed the bolts that came with rods seemed to get close to block halves i called vivid racing asked if there were and machining to block to make these rods work. they said no they are factory direct fit no machining. wich on these new blocks there is machining that has to be done.

issue 4: shipping these parts was told it would be to me by a certain day. that day comes around n nothing. no tracking numbers no part. I call vivid racing. they say, oh part was never orderd.
This review is 10 years too late. Basically any forum where they don't have admin power as a vendor could have told you not to go with them.