Notices
Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Vendor Review: Hayward & Scott Exhausts F-

Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 2003 MBP WRX
Vendor Review: Hayward & Scott Exhausts F-

Hey Guys,

I wanted to WARN anyone that was interested in buying any exhausts from Hayward & Scott. They have a long history of great products, including the original Scooby Sport exhausts for WRXs.

I ordered a full header back exhaust for my 2016 BRZ last month, production and shipping took about a Month. When I went to install it, I noticed that there were a lot of dirty welds! On top of that, not everything was even cut cleanly.

You can take a look at the exhaust here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WM&usp=sharing

You can expect better quality from any NO NAME Ebay seller.

Then came the problem of fitment. The headers were not even close to the head studs. I was in the process of loosening the bars that held the slip joins together when I noticed that they placed the O2 bung directly where the heads were.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...TJhT1dHUi1GQ0E

When I confronted them about it, the manager Ian, told me that I didn't need the other O2 sensor after the tune. This is true, but if you're gonna add a bung, you should at least check clearance! I now have to use my pre-cat O2 sensor in the post-cat bung, which will force me to cut the OEM O2 sensor wires and extend them.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in the exhaust that I got. I've been told to clean up the exhaust myself, buy my own plugs to fix their mistake, and to extend my OEM O2 sensor. This is unacceptable for a NEW exhaust. I paid over $2600 for this garbage!

This is my second H&S exhaust, and I have to say that the turbo back that I have for my WRX is excellent, and I have been running it since 2005. I am really disappointed, and hope that no one else has to go through my headache and waste so much money.

/rant
Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ouch. Those do not look pretty.