Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Vendor Review: Hayward & Scott Exhausts F-

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 2003 MBP WRX
Vendor Review: Hayward & Scott Exhausts F-

Hey Guys,

I wanted to WARN anyone that was interested in buying any exhausts from Hayward & Scott. They have a long history of great products, including the original Scooby Sport exhausts for WRXs.

I ordered a full header back exhaust for my 2016 BRZ last month, production and shipping took about a Month. When I went to install it, I noticed that there were a lot of dirty welds! On top of that, not everything was even cut cleanly.

You can take a look at the exhaust here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WM&usp=sharing

You can expect better quality from any NO NAME Ebay seller.

Then came the problem of fitment. The headers were not even close to the head studs. I was in the process of loosening the bars that held the slip joins together when I noticed that they placed the O2 bung directly where the heads were.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...TJhT1dHUi1GQ0E

When I confronted them about it, the manager Ian, told me that I didn't need the other O2 sensor after the tune. This is true, but if you're gonna add a bung, you should at least check clearance! I now have to use my pre-cat O2 sensor in the post-cat bung, which will force me to cut the OEM O2 sensor wires and extend them.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am in the exhaust that I got. I've been told to clean up the exhaust myself, buy my own plugs to fix their mistake, and to extend my OEM O2 sensor. This is unacceptable for a NEW exhaust. I paid over $2600 for this garbage!

This is my second H&S exhaust, and I have to say that the turbo back that I have for my WRX is excellent, and I have been running it since 2005. I am really disappointed, and hope that no one else has to go through my headache and waste so much money.

/rant
Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ouch. Those do not look pretty.