i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Rally Sport Direct @#$$$$$ (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/rally-sport-direct-%40-%24%24%24%24%24-270659/)

stub 04-09-2018 01:38 PM

Rally Sport Direct @#$$$$$

I recently purchased some of the ISC N1 coilovers from Rally Sport. They where on back order but I wasn't concerned because they are usually really good with there costumer service. Fast forward to last Friday. I get the charge for the coils. Cool no worries there I was expecting it. Fast forward to today... I get another charge from them. Okay mistakes are made no worries. I give them a call and am told the charge is being refunded. SWEET! 2 hours go by and I'm charged again... WTF! I call them back. They apologizes and say that I have been reimbursed for the 2 charges and should see the money in my bank by the end of the week. End of the week!? Sorry that's 2700 dollars I'm out right now and its Monday the end of the week does not work for me at all.
I talk to Megan the manager after I have a conversation with my bank. She tells me because of the conversation with the bank my account will be frozen and she will not ship the product I paid for.
I have been charged 2 times from them the last 5 times I ordered but it was only 20$ here 50$ there not 900. Not sure if this has happen to any one else but I'm done with them.

stupidchicken03 04-09-2018 02:16 PM

Who do you bank with?
Ever think it might be an issue with that?

stub 04-09-2018 02:21 PM

Its not the bank. Rally sport has told me that it is them and could be a problem with the way that they set up my account.

stupidchicken03 04-09-2018 02:32 PM

Why not delete and try setting up a whole new account?

Buy something cheap and see if it happens again?

Rev. Rob Large 04-09-2018 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=stub;3660413]I talk to Megan the manager after I have a conversation with my bank. She tells me because of the conversation with the bank my account will be frozen and she will not ship the product I paid for.[/QUOTE]

I feel like this may need some elaboration.

stub 04-09-2018 02:57 PM

Because I don't have any money now. They took 2700 out of my account. I realize that I will eventually have the money back but I shouldn't have to go through the presses of setting up a new account anyway.

stub 04-09-2018 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=Rev. Rob Large;3660417]I feel like this may need some elaboration.[/QUOTE]

I need my money in the bank so I contacted them and they are going to launch an investigation (sounds more intense than it is). basically they will make sure that the transactions need to be reversed/are fraudulent. Due to this RSD has put a hold on my account and will not be shipping out the coils I payed for 3 times over.

Rev. Rob Large 04-09-2018 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=stub;3660413]I recently purchased some of the ISC N1 coilovers from Rally Sport. They where on back order but I wasn't concerned because they are usually really good with there costumer service. Fast forward to last Friday. I get the charge for the coils. Cool no worries there I was expecting it. Fast forward to today... I get another charge from them. Okay mistakes are made no worries. I give them a call and am told the charge is being refunded. SWEET! 2 hours go by and I'm charged again... WTF! I call them back. They apologizes and say that I have been reimbursed for the 2 charges and should see the money in my bank by the end of the week. End of the week!? Sorry that's 2700 dollars I'm out right now and its Monday the end of the week does not work for me at all.
I talk to Megan the manager after I have a conversation with my bank. She tells me because of the conversation with the bank my account will be frozen and she will not ship the product I paid for.
I have been charged 2 times from them the last 5 times I ordered but it was only 20$ here 50$ there not 900. Not sure if this has happen to any one else but I'm done with them.[/QUOTE]

Is this timeline correct?

(1) Some time prior to 4/6/18, an order was placed with RSD for a backordered item.

(2) On or about 4/6/18, RSD processed the order.

(3) On or about 4/6/18, your bank account, with presumably enough funds to complete the purchase, was charged.

*At this point, I'm hoping you received a confirmation email for the order.

(4) On or about 4/9/18, a second charge was made to your bank account.

(5) You contacted RSD regarding the second charge to which RSD responded with processing a refund (a process that can take several business days).

(6) A few hours lapse, a third charge was made to your bank account.

(7) You contacted RSD regarding the third charge to which RSD responded with processing a refund.

(8) You contacted your bank (conversation not described).

(9) You contacted RSD a fourth time speaking with Megan. Megan said because you spoke to the bank, your RSD account would be frozen (in an attempt to prevent further charges?) and your original order would not be fulfilled.

Did Megan say if they were going to refund the charge for the original order? I find it a bit difficult to believe RSD's response was, "Sorry. We're keeping your $900 for the original order. Now, **** off." You said this wasn't the first time this has happened, but the fifth time. What was the resolution of the other four incidents?

[QUOTE=stub;3660419]I need my money in the bank so I contacted them and [B]they[/B] are going to launch an investigation (sounds more intense than it is). basically they will make sure that the transactions need to be reversed/are fraudulent. Due to this RSD has put a hold on my account and will not be shipping out the coils I payed for 3 times over.[/QUOTE]

Who is the "they" here, the bank? Didn't RSD already acknowledge their mistake and agree to refund the money? What further "investigating" are you wanting the bank to do? The investigation will go exactly like this:

Bank: "Yo, RSD. Howzit? You mistakenly charged account 1234 multiple times?"
RSD: "Yeah. Our bad. The charges have been reversed."
Bank: "Cool. Thanks."

Yes, it is an annoyance that banks don't just have piles of money and funds transfers are instantaneous, but, even as you pointed out, mistakes happen. My advice, pull on your big boy undies and just wait for the charges to be reversed. It hasn't even been a full business day. Putting a well-known and respected vendor, let alone a supporter of the forum, on blast because of a CORRECTABLE mistake is a bit reactionary and serves no other purpose than to give you someone to blame because [sarcasm] everything can and has to be blamed on someone, right?? [/sarcasm]

TL;DR-- give a day or two to get figured out. If you can't survive for a couple days on whatever money you have on hand then you probably shouldn't drop so much coin on car parts.

stub 04-09-2018 05:18 PM

Sweet response dude! Super helpful! I'm going to look for my big boy shorts and see if there might be an extra (EXTRA) 2700$ in there.[sarcasm] Rally Sport did admit it is there mistake. something with the way that they <<< set up my account. I really wanted to see if this is just me or if other people have experienced this? But thanks for making me see the errors of my ways i will contemplate spending my money on cool things for my car if i don't have 3 to 4 times that in the bank.

JourdanWithaU 04-09-2018 06:35 PM

Sucks, bro. I've been in similar situations. Just gotta wait and let the transfers clear with the bank(s).

[QUOTE=Rev. Rob Large;3660420] If you can't survive for a couple days on whatever money you have on hand then you probably shouldn't drop so much coin on car parts.[/QUOTE]

Do you normally have 3x the cash for whatever you're buying? Especially on a big ticket item like suspension? I don't.

stub 04-09-2018 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=JourdanWithaU;3660423]Sucks, bro. I've been in similar situations. Just gotta wait and let the transfers clear with the bank(s).

Ya the bank is going to get tho money in my account tomorrow.

Do you normally have 3x the cash for whatever you're buying? Especially on a big ticket item like suspension? I don't.[/QUOTE]

I never have 3x the money on hand especially for these big items. I guess I'm really only out 1800 but that still seems unexceptionable to me.

Rev. Rob Large 04-13-2018 05:27 PM

Soooooooooo.... did you get your money back?

Rev. Rob Large 04-13-2018 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=JourdanWithaU;3660423]Do you normally have 3x the cash for whatever you're buying? Especially on a big ticket item like suspension? I don't.[/QUOTE]

I take a more grown up approach to it.

Two words: diversification. I have an essentials account and I have a play account for this very purpose. I have all my bills covered before I go out and buy stuff not essential to survival so even if all my play money dries up, I'm not freaking out wondering how I'm going to put gas in my car to get work.

Growing pains. Whatever. You'll get there someday.

stub 04-13-2018 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Rev. Rob Large;3660601]I take a more grown up approach to it.

Two words: diversification. I have an essentials account and I have a play account for this very purpose. I have all my bills covered before I go out and buy stuff not essential to survival so even if all my play money dries up, I'm not freaking out wondering how I'm going to put gas in my car to get work.

Growing pains. Whatever. You'll get there someday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks daddy! You are one classy mother F****. LOL sitting around trolling the internet trying to give what you might call wise advice. Just so you know you come off as a prick and I think you should find something better to do with your time than troll. << My advice to you.

stub 04-13-2018 05:50 PM

I got my money back and Megan was very helpful after are first conversation. She explained there was something wrong in the code on my account and that it seems like I am the only one seeing this issue. I told her i was more than happy to help in any way i can to find the cause of this issue to insure it doesn't happen to someone else (unless it the A$s Hat Troll from the posts above). In all great customer service and a super unfortunate event that left me out 1800$ for a few days.