i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Pros Cons Cobb Access Port? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/pros-cons-cobb-access-port-200120/)

JJWrx 02-26-2009 12:09 AM

Pros Cons Cobb Access Port?

My friend suggested that I get a Cobb Access Port, to unlock the full potential of my 2003 WRX.

Pros, Cons, Experiences, and Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jay

STI RUSH 02-26-2009 12:19 AM

Definitely get a cobb ap! This is a must for all subarus!

Modding order...

- Cobb stage 1 map

- turbo back exhaust/ intake if u like/ run cobb stage 2

- both maps have the ability to have a custom tune. EQ Tuning is the way to go!

Irish_car_B0mb 02-26-2009 12:21 AM

you need to get at least 3 more BOV before you can get an AP. the louder the better.

other than that no downside to am AP as long as you have ti tuned to what ever mods you have made.

if you are bone stock on pump gas there is some off the shelf maps you can get from the cobb website.

if you buy a used AP make sure it is unmarried or you will not be very happy.

JJWrx 02-26-2009 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2536852]you need to get at least 3 more BOV before you can get an AP. the louder the better.

other than that no downside to am AP as long as you have ti tuned to what ever mods you have made.

if you are bone stock on pump gas there is some off the shelf maps you can get from the cobb website.

if you buy a used AP make sure it is unmarried or you will not be very happy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
What do you mean by 3 more blow off valves?
Also, what do you mean by unmarried?
:lol:

JJWrx 02-26-2009 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=STI RUSH;2536848]Definitely get a cobb ap! This is a must for all subarus!

Modding order...

- Cobb stage 1 map

- turbo back exhaust/ intake if u like/ run cobb stage 2

- both maps have the ability to have a custom tune. EQ Tuning is the way to go![/QUOTE]

whats a Map? :60277EB7B04744289C0

STI RUSH 02-26-2009 01:10 AM

[url]www.cobbtuning.com[/url] will explain everything

achavez 02-26-2009 02:09 AM

cobb is kool if you have money to burn. i went with a xpt reflash and couldnt be happier. and i saved about 500 bucks compared to an AP

EQ Tuning 02-26-2009 08:31 AM

The Cobb AP is a great tool If you ever plan on running and switching between multiple maps (race gas, meth injection, etc). If you don't plan in using that functionality, the AP can be a bit of a waste of money. We now offer custom tuning without the need for an AP for these types of customers.

Remember, whatever engine management solution you go with, it's the actual tune that really matters.

Thanks
-- Ed

EQ Tuning 02-26-2009 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=achavez;2536907]cobb is kool if you have money to burn. i went with a xpt reflash and couldnt be happier. and i saved about 500 bucks compared to an AP[/QUOTE]

You have to be very careful with the XPT maps and any off the shelf maps for that matter. I've seen very mixxed results.

-- Ed